1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

BICEPS returning DK after ~2 years. Lv 98 currently :)

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Biceps, Aug 26, 2023.

1. Biceps

Biceps Red Snail

Aug 23, 2023
    Netherlands
    10:49 AM
    Biceps
    Dragon Knight
    Hello everyone!

I haven't played in quite a while but I have decided to start playing again. I'm (as of posting here) level 98 on my DK that I am washing :) I'm looking for a guild and (cleric/priest/bishops but anyone honestly!) to duo with at gallos/cd/himes and later spots!

I'm working full time and have a lot of hobbies so I can't play all day every day anymore :( so if you're playing casually feel free to reach out! My discord is: ._banter_.

As of future plans, I would really like to get to a point where I can join boss runs! hence the washing ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:49 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
  3. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    4:49 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
  4. OP
    OP
    Biceps

Biceps Red Snail

Aug 23, 2023
    Netherlands
    Biceps
    Dragon Knight
    Thank you! ❤️

I was (honestly still!) debating on remaking as a pally! But I figured I should just continue my DK and make the money to fund a potential second character! Any tips for a pleb warrior such as myself? :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Biceps

Biceps Red Snail

Aug 23, 2023
    Netherlands
    Biceps
    Dragon Knight
    Thank you!! ❤️

ohh I might recognize you from being an islander back in the game or joblessms or any different oddjob experience :oops:

is do you know if island is populated on here? I might try and find my old one or make a new one for when I need a wind down after work!

6. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
  7. OP
    OP
    Biceps

Biceps Red Snail

Aug 23, 2023
    Netherlands
    Biceps
    Dragon Knight
    Thank you!

it’s just like games like osrs where we never ‘really’ quit. We just take extended breaks :rolleyes:

in the time I’ve played again and on the forum everyones been so nice:heartbeat:

8. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Welcome back! Have fun buddy

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:49 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I started my paladin as the first character, basically we don't have problems with washing because washing a warrior is easy, so I just started playing the game and progressing, enjoy the events, after a certain lv di you hardly lose $ leveling, enjoy the events, enjoy card hunting

10. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    your welcome i like to do something else as well like watch videos on youtube or talking to bots in character.ai

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Biceps

Biceps Red Snail

Aug 23, 2023
    Netherlands
    Biceps
    Dragon Knight
    Thank you! :)

Yeah for sure! I do generally enjoy warriors for they mobbing and beefyness. I did get a little base int and managed to buy a z-helm at some point which should be enough to wash and keep up later on. having HB is a godsend so I dont need to wash much but ideally I'd have 30k HP...

hopefully I can start turning a profit on training as im struggling to keep up with pots without a cleric with me.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  12. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    hmmm there are a lot of 4th job DK that reroll to another character because it's the hardest class to play, along with corsair. and... DK dpm sucks despite being so hard. buuuut DK is easiest to get to 4th job to begin with. if you want to reroll to another class with busy schedule, you should definitely buy some leech, especially 80-120. if you don't want to "waste" meso like that then i'd just recommend keep going with the DK. if you want a "easy" class then reroll immediately.

13. OP
    OP
    Biceps

Biceps Red Snail

Aug 23, 2023
    Netherlands
    Biceps
    Dragon Knight
    That's a really goods point. I have always played DK though so I'm not too fased :yay: regardless I figured I should just continue this character (don't mind the grind atm) to get some mesos to fund a potential second character. If I were to reroll, what do you think would be a good choice? I was potentially thinking a sin with the washing alternative i've read about as it's a fun job or a paladin because I fell in love with them when I got my HP warrior to lv 82 on a different server.

What should I prepare for a char? i suppose make the account and start voting?

14. dechenny

dechenny Orange Mushroom

Sep 21, 2022
    Male
    3:49 AM
    Maple
    Pally is good. High dmg and easy to wash.

15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Shad is also a decent pick! Sin is gonna be kinda rough imho, they're not the easiest to get to 4th job (particularly if washing, but challenge system will take care of that soontm).
    Even at 4th job, NLs don't exactly shine when grinding.

16. OP
    OP
    Biceps

Biceps Red Snail

Aug 23, 2023
    Netherlands
    Biceps
    Dragon Knight
    Yeah the damage is very satisfying and I highly enjoy elemental training. Deep ludi is a blast imo :)

I would probably just wait for the challenge system as I highly doubt I'd get a sin to 4th while washing. I do enjoy the playstyle of sins a lot and it would give me mobility which is a big plus.

Especially comparing pally and sin (3rd job) they are mostly single target dps where pally is bulky but slow and sin is mobile but frail. another plus for the pally camp is that I can use the limited equips I have on my DK... but then again, if id need it i could use my dk as an hb mule for a sin....

I really enjoy 2nd job bandits but it falls off for me at 3rd job+ however i have never really given them a chance late game. maybe i should try it on a test server with really high rates to see if i enjoy the playstyle.

17. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    1:49 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I recommend trying it out, chief bandit during 3rd job is a ton of fun, I basically blasted my way to 4th job doing meso explosion training at 7f with a bishop friend. I leveled about once every 15 minutes it was great.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Biceps

Biceps Red Snail

Aug 23, 2023
    Netherlands
    Biceps
    Dragon Knight
    Hmmm I might do it! I have a few jobs to choose from so I light just level some to like 40~50 and see which I like the most! Excuse my ignorace, but where is 7f?? And how do people effectively meso explosion train? It’s intimidating to me, I’ve tried it before but I doubt I was doing it right…

19. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    i think playing a class at lvl 50 won't give you a good sense of what the class will be like in the future. for example, snipe, zerk, super transform, etc are all gamestyle-warping skills that you cant really compare the classes to pre-4th job gamestyle.

7f is shaolin temple where 140+ characters grind at, but meso explode can work there too for FAST chief bandit level ups, comparable to poison mist training at Forest of Towers/3-4F(?)

20. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Welcome back SlimeCool