1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Monster Carnival

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tanya, Jan 9, 2015.

1. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    11:40 AM
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    That's because it's the most efficient way to get xp. The PQ clearly wasn't intended to be based around trading wins so I'm not sure where you guys got that idea. There wouldn't be debuffs and monster buffs in CPQ if it was meant to be all about trading wins.

2. Exiled

Exiled Horny Mushroom

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Exile
    Chief Bandit
    That's irrelevant from the fact that win trading was what most people did.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:40 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    At least now someone is acknowledging that "trade wins" was the primary method of getting experience. Not just grinding.

So winning meant something, and losing meant something. The only problem is the player base, which was constantly looking for ways to game the system and get easy exp with minimal effort.

I hope if/when CPQ comes out, this is avoided.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tech

Tech Dark Stone Golem

Apr 27, 2015
    5:40 AM
    Tech
    I/L Mage
    I'm not sure if there is a way to prevent people from trading wins without altering the mechanics. If it was possible i would be 100% for it. If you think about it though.. How? This is about the equivalent of preventing a sports team from throwing a game in the other teams favor. How do you prevent that? You can't really... But you can however put rules in place that have consequences if broken and make sure that all parties involved are aware of the rules/consequences.

So i guess the question to everyone is... Is trading wins as bad as you say? If so, maybe we should consider not adding it at all. As i mentioned before, i can't think of an easy streamline way to prevent trading wins. Adding some sort of mechanism that could prevent players from trading wins would most likely take a lot of hack and slash work for the devs.

5. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    11:40 PM
    I don't know any way to discourage trading wins other than nerfing the exp gain such that players will want to try and win every round so that their exp gain rate is higher than grinding, whereas if they traded wins and won only half the time, the exp would be slower than grinding. This way, trading wins wouldn't be that profitable, and by doing MC you're taking a risk in the sense you may end up getting less exp than grinding if you lose a lot, so that forces people to fight each other seriously?

• Like Like x 1
  6. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    8:40 AM
    Agreed. This is the only logical way to fix this.

7. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    I know it's what everyone did and I'm not denying that. NSFW was saying how the point of the PQ was to trade wins, but it wasn't. Regardless of whether people traded wins or not, the PQ was supposed to be competitive.

8. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Ludi Maze PQ changes are now in effect. Read previous pages (2/3) for reasoning.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    12:40 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I remembered in GMS it was 3 tauromacis in ea room, so if all tauromacis dropped you'd get a max of 30k exp (during 2x drop events it was always 30k since tickets dropped 50% of the time for each tauromacis. Also in this server sometimes the lmpq tauromacis drop 1 coupon which shouldnt happen. It's either none or 50 that they drop.

Off-topic: Next in priority list weddings/apq, #OnyxApplesHype OnionF2

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    10:40 AM
    Paladin
    any updates on this?