1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Special mini-boss maps solely for quests

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BarakKiller, Dec 11, 2023.

1. BarakKiller

BarakKiller Slime

Sep 1, 2023
    Male
    5:08 AM
    BarakKiller
    Buccaneer
    Sleepywood
    I'd like to suggest an improvement.
    As we all know, people farm cards.
    However, it makes the mini-boss quests really hard to actually complete, as there's a big competition over those mini-bosses.
    Therefore, maybe there should be a way in which players who have the quest could kill the mini-boss without waiting for it to respawn, and remove the mini-boss drops in that map to avoid farming.
    I think it's a great way to improve the experience of new players.
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    7:08 PM
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    I think this is 100% doable, considering the Tier 1 HP challenge questline does just this! Been meaning to write up a suggestion for this myself.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dr0p

dr0p Slime

Jul 24, 2023
    10:08 AM
    dr0p
    I/L Arch Mage
    A couple weeks ago I was camping Nine-Tailed Fox for ~3 hours so I could kill it for the first time and finish the quest and then ended up getting sniped by someone who teleported in, killed it before I could, and then explained "Oh, I finished the quest and also have the entire monster card set, but I just hunt this boss to scrolls" and then left lmfao

4. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    8:08 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Boss spawn timers on discord have ruined any chance of getting cards or quests lol. I tried for a week to kill mano once for my quest when I made my bishop and never managed to complete it. Waste of time

5. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    There's a rather dedicated group of mutliclients that hard camp damn near every area boss day-round. Unless it's at odd-hours, or you yourself hard camp a channel, it's exceedingly unlikely for one to get any of the spawns. It rough out there.

6. TobiTheGreat

TobiTheGreat Slime

Nov 6, 2022
    Male
    Tobiarashi
    I/L Arch Mage
    Sleepywood
    Definitely agree. This feature gets out the ugliest part in people. Too much camping, sniping, ksing. If people wanna hunt for cards or rewards it should be separated from the quest boss.

7. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    10:08 PM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Some of these area bosses have unique/dedicated drops like fishing pole from Faust and topwear luk 60/glowing whip from Zeno. Maybe these drops can go to other mobs? This would discourage some of the heaving muling (which i used to do when topwear luk 60s were 10m :^) )

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    BarakKiller

BarakKiller Slime

Sep 1, 2023
    Male
    BarakKiller
    Buccaneer
    Sleepywood
    It doesn't really solve the problem. I don't understand why does a new player have to compete against card hunters for a mini-boss (which he only needs to kill for a quest).

9. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    4:08 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Why do new players need handholding to finish their quests?

I understand your issue but would much rather see more deviation in respawn times (making it harder to snipe) and less meso value from area bosses. Rather than some custom boss thing.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  10. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I'm not saying one is more "right" than the other, but from a purely utilitarian perspective, the amount of EXP a new player gets from completing that quest is often times irrelevant compared to the meso value of the drops the boss can have (such as the aforementioned Topwear Luk 60). As such, you could make the argument that the new player doesn't need to do the quest, and many players would very much like to get the valuable drops, and now it becomes an argument of who deserves those drops more, a new player or someone who has a dedicated camping set up that they invested time making. Same goes for MB cards. Usually the EXP from these quests for a new player is trivial compared to doing literally anything else, but MB Rings and Mesos are both highly valuable.

11. OP
    OP
    BarakKiller

BarakKiller Slime

Sep 1, 2023
    Male
    BarakKiller
    Buccaneer
    Sleepywood
    Well, first, you said: "im not saying one is more right than the other", and right after that arguing that often times the amount of exp from the quest is irrelevant compared to the meso/drops, therefore claiming that meso/drops is more valuable than exp these lvls.

Second, I honestly don't see how my suggestion contradicts what you're saying. My suggestion doesn't nerf anything, but actually both sides benefit from it - new players don't have to wait for mini-bosses spawns, and card hunters/farmers get to farm the mini-bosses more easily.
    Whereas you suggested nerfing the bosses by moving their drops to other mobs. I don't understand how that solves anything.

12. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I prefaced it with "I'm not saying one is more right than the other" as in I have no opinion in this matter, then followed it up with "you could make the argument" as in some people might see it that way. I personally have no input on the matter.

I did not suggest nerfing the bosses at all. I'm merely raising a different viewpoint from your own for the sake of discussion. Again, I have no personal opinion on the matter.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    3:08 AM
    Statements below reflect my personal opinion and do not represent that of Staff, whether in part or as a whole.

I think one factor that's worth considering is the immersion of the quest gameplay, which usually states there's a boss for you to kill. So, it will make sense that when you get to the map, the boss is guaranteed to be seen for questing purposes, which of course is worth removing all the drops and exp for balance purposes since the boss is solely for the quest.
    However, implementing these changes such that it can coexists with the current maps will, I assume, take huge amount of effort. For Challenge, it was worth trying since it's ML biggest custom feature, but I'm not sure if staff have the resources to implement for the numerous area bosses around needed for quests.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I dislike the hostility for new players but agree there needs to be more deviation in spawn timers to the point that discord timers aren't viable for camping it anymore. The meso being removed I don't see as a neccesary requirement since many higher level players have a better meso/hr method of farming meso, I'd argue the large majority of these farmers are lower level players incapable of better methods, or card farmers. One would think anyways

• Like Like x 1
  15. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:08 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    it can come with dojo (dat face)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I wonder if I could get past pianus in dojo now. Hmmm

17. OP
    OP
    BarakKiller

BarakKiller Slime

Sep 1, 2023
    Male
    BarakKiller
    Buccaneer
    Sleepywood
    Hmmm, what about implementing just one map for mini-bosses ?

18. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    10:08 PM
    iPippy
    Can we also put these boss mini dungeons next to the quest giving npcs? Walking to the bosses can already sometimes take longer than actually finding/killing the boss, and I don't get no serotonins by traveling.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    3:08 AM
    That's against the point, the lore is that you find the area boss at certain places, not a special map just so it's "convenient".. :shifty:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:08 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    dojo dont have pianus, is diferent to bpq