1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MapleLegends' priorities

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by fael, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    7:28 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Saying arch mages bring nothing to most bossing content is wild. They are competent attackers overall and have more of a niche in bossing than several "attacker" classes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    10:28 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    I guess that's fair, honestly the exact class doesn't matter. Maybe Hero would have been a better example.

3. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    11:28 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    If you play a unwashed ranged attacker at end game levels you would realize very quickly how wrong your statement is for HP to clear bossing. Maybe you're content doing Zak and Krex until 200 but personally I'm not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    When I was a nub BM my I/L friend would carry me through Pap+Rav with chain lightning before I even knew about their pinning abilities in NT. Arch mages slept on fr

5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:28 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    BoxyBoxy post your pog screenshott o better illustrate this comment

6. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    This has to be one of the most wildly out of touch takes I’ve ever read. Balance doesn’t mean homogenization; balance can still be achieved through asymmetry. You don’t have to turn mages into another “attacker” class for them to be considered balanced. HP washing is probably the single biggest source of burnout and loss of players. If you don’t personally feel these concepts are not high priority that’s somewhat understandable, everyone cares about different things, but the reasons you gave are… questionable.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    12:28 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    this doesnt even make top 20

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Top 10 for me for sure.

9. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Interesting point of view. I 100% agree with your first suggestion, but partially agree with the rest.
    Some things I think isnt actually true imo, for example:
    1. Putting points into HP is doable, currently. But NOBODY wants this. Nobody wants to be weaker for nothing, so I think that wouldn't be a good idea to balance this.
    2. I don't think buffing holy arrow or any other early game skill is actually relevant in balancing jobs/skills. I like the change, but still think nobody would give up of any other 2nd cleric skill for holy arrow, even if it gets buffed. Final Attack yeah, maybe, it looks like bad designed skill. But anyway I just don't see that a priority tho.
    3. I agree with removing job requirement for weapons if that matter. I don't think it's a priority, again. Talking about secondary stats, I would actually support to ADD secondary stat requirement for warriors because it makes you think and plan your investment/equips.
    4. I think you maybe met unfriendly people, which isn't the biggest part of ML. Me and my friends were talking about how profitable is to ask for gears/pot money in FM. I think the community is really helpful and friendly with newcomers, for real. Sure, there are some elite clubs as you said, but who cares. You don't need to be part of them, you don't need them for anything. And I think those are just a small part of community anyway. And there are some guilds recruiting any kind of newcomer. My guild usually invites anyone, but sadly we are Brazilian/portuguese speakers only. But I really support some other ideas to bring and keep the new players, and imo a possible idea is to buff PQs.

10. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Although there are friendly guilds that welcome all even within those guilds there is often times a boys club. Its one of the several reasons I left a large guild after spending around 8 months and 180 combined levels with them. The "elitism" runs deep with this server.

Being a Jr in toilet its something I'm mindful of and do my best to avoid for the health of our guild

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Sure man, but I still think ML's community is much friendlier than everything I've ever seen on online games. Elitist people will always exist, everywhere. You can't avoid that and there's nothing to do against it.
    I often see some people misinterpretating some attitudes, and some attitudes that should be seen as normal end up being seen as toxic. Example: I've never seen anyone criticizing some "casual" "community friendly" person when they expel an int lord from a OPQ. On the contrary, these people are often applauded after this type of behavior. And OPQ is just a content where a lv60~ can easily solo everything that requires damage. But I often see people saying it's toxic and elitist to expel someone from a optimized PB squad, where you must have everyone playing near perfectly to complete.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    What do you think should be done for balance?

13. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
  14. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet

Attached Files:

15. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Lol this is so dramatic... you can do almost all bosses on all jobs, not just Zak and Krex. PB is pretty much the only issue and it could be fixed by decreasing its max hit.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Really wow, I wasn't aware that my 182 BM with tier 10, ellin, blackfist cloak and 440HP in pet equips, with tier 1+2 challenges wasn't getting 1 shot by JC touch, Horntail, all of NT, and PB. Must be a figment of my imagination!

I'll work harder to not get instant one shot next time! Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Munk7

Munk7 Orange Mushroom

Feb 15, 2024
    Male
    Page, Cleric, Thief
    Well at least we agree on quests. As for the others...

1. Nobody wants it because nobody wants to waste AP. That's why it needs rebalanced. As an example: Imagine if every AP point you put in HP gives you 100 HP. And every point you take out, lowers 100 HP. I'm not saying that's exactly what should be done, but the current amounts we get for dumping AP into HP is a waste unless we wash.

2. Nobody would give up anything for Holy Arrow, because Holy Arrow is trash. If it did 3x dmg of Magic Claw, and hit 6 targets, and had 2x range, I think people would consider using it instead of Magic Claw and Heal. Again, I'm not saying that's exactly what should be done, but I like having options when I build a character.

3. We mostly agree here.

4. Same. Maybe I just run into more unfriendly people than friendly ones.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    You can't do HT or NT with HB? Really?

19. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta

1. hp challenges already exist and at least for shad/mage/warriors you'll be fine with or without it. a change like this is a boon for all mules and would cause balancing issues
    2. holy arrow has its niche like fire arrow. not a bad skill.
    3. there are blunt weapons purchasable in ellinia but oddjob route isn't explicitly supported or protected on the server. power guard is fun and all but nobody expects it to be a viable build. also people (that includes heroes!!) do plan ahead on their gears, whether or not secondary stats are necessary on gears
    4. what is this bar for friendliness?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    0 wash characters will be disadvantaged at Verga, Dunas 1, Nibergen, Nameless, and Core Blaze, struggle to run Auf, and are entirely incapable of running Dunas 2, Toad, HT, and PB. All other bosses are fine (Latanica, Pap, Rav, CWK, Zak, Krex, JC, BGA) as the max damage you can take from them is 5k (unless you’re face tanking)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1