1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

penips' SUPER APQ Bonus Guide

Discussion in '(Party) Quests' started by penips, Mar 23, 2024.

1. penips

penips Red Snail

Nov 9, 2023
    6:15 PM
    As of writing this, I have the most runs in the current iteration of the APQ bonus stage map that was updated on November 2023. Over that time, I feel like I have figured out the most efficient pathing for each spawn, as well as some nuances that I will touch on further in the guide. Even experienced runners will find value in this guide!

My goal with this guide is to protect the players I'm running with and so that everyone gets an equal amount of boxes as efficiently as possible!
    This should be your baseline pathing with the in-depth explanations to follow down below.
    Box ordering goes from 2 -> 4 -> 6 -> 8 etc.
    (Note: for the white area in between the Bottom Left & Right spawns, if one person takes the Top Number 16 Boxes, then the other takes the Bottom Number 16 Boxes and vice versa)
    [​IMG]
    LINK TO STATISTICS FOR THE NERDS: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15irty27HQgJTtXmDGmA5_rBkPam_Ludc3LYZOhC2QVY/edit?usp=sharing
    :sack: SOME QUICK PRO TIPS :sack:
    (If it's your first time, I'd recommend checking these out before the bonus round starts!)

#1 Fastest weapon and item loot on. Item Pouch > Item Pouch + Meso Magnet
    #2 Always be hittin' two boxes at a time!
    #3 It takes 4 hits to open a single box, so it'll take 8 hits to finish off a pair of boxes!
    #4 As soon as you open a pair of boxes, move onto the next pair of boxes. Don't wait for the loot to spill out!
    #5 It takes about 6-7 seconds with Attack Speed 3 to break a pair of boxes and loot the content.
    #6 Holding down while attacking will give you the fastest and consistent attack pattern on your weapon. WATCH OUT FOR THE ROPES! You may climb down them by accident and will make you lose precious seconds.

BOTTOM LEFT & RIGHT MapleF9
    Overview: Bottom Left is slightly harder than the Bottom Right spawn due to the Number 12 boxes requiring hitting and turning.

You should have about 5 seconds of spare time after getting all 18 boxes.

Splitting vertically allows you to play around the other corner player easier

Let's say you had the mindset of splitting top and bottom and chose to go bottom due to whatever reason, maybe the other player went top. If the other player drops down from top, you would then need to run back up to the top row of your side which will take time that you may not have.

By defaulting to top, it always gives you and the other player the option to drop down to the bottom row and is at somewhat of a Nash Equilibrium for both players.

TOP/TOP = Allows you to drop down without risking having to climb back up,
    TOP/BOT = BOT player is at risk of TOP player dropping down and thus losing time having to run back up,
    BOT/BOT = Both players will have suboptimal pathing as they have to run backwards and then jump up.
    Climbing up the rope to take the Number 4 boxes is MANDATORY

I cannot emphasise this point enough!
    Every other spawn gets 18 boxes, so why shouldn't the bottom corner spawns each get 18 too? If you don't feel like climbing up the rope is necessary, I implore you to plot out a better path while somehow giving both spawns the same number of boxes as this guide, for the sake of fairness.
    Lack of boxes is not the issue

Most of the issues people have with splitting vertically is the lack of boxes and confusion on which boxes are theirs. That issue is mostly stemming from people not climbing up the rope to grab the Number 6 boxes. The issue is further exacerbated from people rushing to the centre to grab the "extra" double boxes which leaves the other person having to hit a single box that leaves a bad taste in the mouth...If people take the boxes as shown in the guide, both spawns get the full 18 while always hitting 2 boxes at a time.
    Splitting vertically allows you to go back and pick up your loot easier

There's less distance you need to backtrack if you ever need to pick up loot behind you.​

Blue Area Number 12 boxes
    This pair of boxes on the left and right of Amos, does require you to hit and turn each time like Mid Bot Number 6 boxes and Mid Top Number 16 boxes.
    White Area Number 16 boxes

The first person to get to the Top Number 16 boxes should take it and the other person should go down and take the Bottom Number 16.
    BIG UPDATE TO BOTTOM SPAWN

[​IMG]

This new ordering as shown in the picture allows for the pet to stay at the new Number 4 boxes at loot the content while you move onto the Number 6 boxes after dropping back down. This makes it so you will never need to climb back up the rope like in the old iteration where you get all the boxes on the spawn platform and then climb up the rope.

Credit to Puisin for pointing this optimisation out!

TOP LEFT & RIGHT MapleF13
    Overview: These spawns are mirrors of each other and operate as such. Nothing too special to note on these spawns and I'd say this route doesn't have any variations of box ordering that will be better that the one given.

You should have about 5 seconds to spare after getting all 18 boxes.

WATCH OUT FOR THE ROPE

You may climb down the rope if you're holding down while attacking at Number 4/6 and 16/18 boxes. I do recommend holding down while attacking but play around the rope as it may kill your run.
    Don't start from Number 4 boxes

I've been seeing people start off the run by climbing up the rope and hitting Number 4 boxes out of the gate. I do not recommend doing this as it'll be tougher to backtrack if an apple falls out and you've already jumped down.

MID BOT MapleF18
    Overview: The nice thing about this spawn is that it's tough for people that don't know pathing to take your boxes. They would really have to be quite bad to path into your top platform as you should beat them there. The timing is tight and there is little room for errors if you want to get all 18 boxes.

You should have about 1-2 seconds of spare time after getting all 18 boxes.

Clockwise vs Anti-Clockwise

The breaker for me is that going anti-clockwise from 2 -> 18 has a jump where the visibility of the platform is blocked by the tree and you run the risk of falling which will blunder your run. If you're comfortable with the jump then it should be fine to go anti-clockwise and reverse the ordering of the guide for this spawn.
    Number 6 boxes requires hitting and turning

Not too big of a deal as you will still have plenty of time to clear all 18 boxes in the area.
    Number 16 boxes have a tight hitbox

The gap is small enough where it is possible to hit both boxes at the same time but there's also a rope there which can throw you off. If you aren't comfortable with staying still and hitting both at the same time, you can either stand and hit or turn and hit.

MID TOP MapleF11
    Overview: You lucky, lucky dog!
    This is the best spawn as you are able to get all 18 boxes with eaaaaase!
    I pray you never experience the hell of the Top Spawns moving onto the middle platform.

You should have about 6 seconds of spare time after getting all 18 boxes.

See who spawns in the Top Right

If you see someone who you don't recognise in the Top Right spawn and have a feeling they're going to jump to the Middle row of boxes, it may pay to cut them off by reversing the order of your boxes by going from 2 -> 18 -> 14 etc. PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES!!

Finally, I'd like to just make some final notes.

It isn't all about the apples.

There's a lot of value in the GFA60's and CapeInt30's, where at the time of this posting, GFA60 is worth 1/4 of an apple and CapeInt30 is worth 1/2 and apple.

Play in a way that protects yourself! Keep an eye on where the other players are pathing and if they deviate from the baseline pathing, try your best to pivot accordingly!

If you have any questions about how to play a certain spawn or on why the boxes are ordered in a certain way or any improvements, please leave a comment and I'll get back to you!

Looking to add videos of each spawn in the future!

PS: I just added my name and SUPER in the title for SEO so that I can direct people here easier

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 12
  2. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    2:15 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    ty penips, #1 apq host

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    8:15 AM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Who else read penis

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:15 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    pog!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    12:15 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    This the guy that did the weather thing on tha coin factory event map 9.1/10 bc of that animal behaviour

6. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    11:15 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Great job phoenix!!!! #1 apqer

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Puisin

Puisin Blue Snail

Oct 4, 2023
    2:15 PM
    Puisin
    Marksman
    Ocean
    bottow 2>4>6 can change 4>6>2, because when u done 6 go open 2, pet still in 6 can help u loot.

8. OP
    OP
    penips

penips Red Snail

Nov 9, 2023
    6:15 PM
    Omg, you're absolutely right! I had noticed that when you jump down from the Number 6 boxes onto the spawn platform, that your pet would stay up top until you drop down again and it teleports to you when you start the Number 8 boxes but I hadn't thought much about it with regards to pathing!

This is actually an insane optimisation as you'll never need to climb back up! I'll edit the picture shortly! Thank you for your contribution!

EDIT: I've updated the image!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  9. Makeup

Makeup Blue Snail

Nov 28, 2023
    Female
    4:15 PM
    Buccaneer, Marauder
    W post

• Friendly Friendly x 1