1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grand Gachapon thread

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Dec 8, 2015.

Gachapon changes: READ TOPIC

Poll closed Dec 15, 2015.
  1. A2

44.3%
  2. A3

15.8%
  3. A3B

6.6%
  4. A4

6.0%
  5. B (please post in topic, read B description)

16.4%
  6. C

4.9%
  7. Other (please post in topic, read Other description)

6.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    5:35 AM
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    I said the last time I remember. This was before a month and probably a half ago. Perhaps around two months ago to be more realistic, I had stopped playing. The only think I recall people getting autobanned for was SE and heartstoppers (This is back when I was getting my zhelm). I was assuming why Darks wouldn't use Zerk then.

2. Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    What? MapleF6 This is not true at all. It's just clothes from the regular cash shop. I was surprised to find out they are permanent though.

As for OP, I'm still thinking about which option would be best for the server overall. I'm leaning towards A2.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:35 AM
    Moderator Post
    You can only buy cosmetic items with donor points. Not even right now hair tickets can be bought with them.

I know Leslie answered it but just wanted confirm this is indeed true

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:35 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    When you try to buy an ap reset, it gives you the option to buy with donor cash, game cash or vote cash, that is if you have them.

5. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The server will reject it once you click donor. Removing the option completely is not possible because its coded that way by Neckson.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:35 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Yeah, still making the cosmetics from the regular shop permanent with donor nx is something I disagree with, but that's another story unrelated to this thread :p

7. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    3:35 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Let's see. You grind on normal mobs, there is roughly anywhere between 1/2000 or 1/5000 chance to even get a scroll. Equip drop rates are not that high either. When you kill a boss, their drop rates are significantly higher. When you sell zhelms and sought-after skill books, it's a gold mine. The other classes more suited for bossing get pretty decent exp too.

And lets talk about bigfoot. Probably the best exp boss around (and also could definitely see some additions to drops along with HH). If you actually look around, it seems there's always a bigfoot somewhere. There are lots. I've never had any trouble finding one. If you want to kill pianus, you're likely to find many. If you want to zakum, the only real limit is if you can organize the run with others.

And have you ever been hunting where 30% and 70% scrolls drop? Nightghosts and wolf spiders are fine examples of what adding gash-exclusive scrolls to mob drops would be like. Maybe nightghosts are the best example because they're not the "training hot spots". Yet I still usually see other people there, and they're not always mages. By far they are not. I have yet to see any complaints like OOOOH MAGES TOO OP AT WS AND NIGHTGHOSTS.

So I don't know YOU'RE are talking about. It seems like you're just so angry at something I say that you disagree with. You think mage ults are SOOO imbalanced, but clearly you're wrong because if you just leveled up more and put forth a minimal effort to boss or farm some scrolls yourself, you would see that ANY class can farm items effectively.

I repeat: You do not need a slow-as-fuck, mp-guzzling, inefficient, screen-wide attack to farm items.

Let me give you a few counter-examples. First, all those bosses that dispel utterly cripple mages and make bosses 100x harder than for any other class. I've also asked people about joining zruns as an "attacker" with my arch mage, but compared to the DPS of NLs, they still only see my character as a dead weight and it seems I'll never be able to properly "earn" a zhelm.

Second, you may say "durr mages are soo rich!" but if you haven't noticed all their gears and scrolls that add INT or MATK are expensive as fuck. Once again, its actually more balanced than you make it out to be.

Gee, maybe because each player only really needs one, and there's little to no way to even upgrade a dep star aside from chaos scrolls?

lul, it's called @mapowner. Meteor and Genesis have literally nothing to do with this.

I agree some maps are better than others. I don't know why you're pointing the finger at me or the players though. You should know by now that many suggestions for change have been brought up and absolutely nothing came of them. It would seem staff ignored them or didn't even care... but they claim to have seen them and just been discussing them behind closed doors. Even so, after all this time, it's done nothing for the player morale.

I just don't get where all this aggression is coming from. You seem to think the game would be so unfair if some mobs dropped a dark scroll or two, yet you completely forget what additions bosses would also receive. Could you imagine white scrolls and chaos scrolls being obtainable from zakum, horntail, pianus? If not whole scrolls, maybe just "fragments" you send over to a NPC to combine? What if these bosses also dropped PACs and PuACs? And if these items became available through PQs as well?

There's so much diversity and many ways things could play out, and you just refuse to see the big picture.

So... what is Gi so "disgusted" with then?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Ever since the donor shop was released nothing got added to it, ever. There was, rightfully, loads of criticism on that. The option to have the current kind of donor shop was discussed before, and ultimately rejected under the assumption that new items would get added with the next patch (here - July 17).

When suddenly the Abyss patch made items buy able with donor cash, no answer has been given to me why donors can now buy better items in the same shop of free-players (ever). I've since logged on only two or three times, simply because this change is so fundamental; and unfunded. That's what disgusts me, the change and it's execution.

Simply put, the only reason for this change was to give donors more options without having to do some tedious and boring work of adding new items. Further increasing the (ever so small) advantage donors already have. Nor does this solve the problem on the long term. It lacks vision by not solving the root problem on the long run, it actually just makes more of mess.

I would much rather see a cash shop like in good ol' gMS. Given that anything game affecting (gachapon, teleport rocks, pets...) are all removed and made available through actual game-play (and voting). Along with a limited supply of cash to use in the cash shop for non-donors (i.e. GM hosted events, achievements...). Probably not enough to buy all your cosmetic desires - but with the option to buy all the new items as well. Such way would give us more control of each game-play item (gachapon tickets, AP resets...) individually instead of having them bound to the same fake currency we call vote cash.
    In addition, with gachapon tickets now being monster drops, each gachapon should dispense the same items. As much as I like the current gachapon distribution with it's job-related-towns, the rarity of good things... There's just not enough supply for certain classes. Also, encouraging trading/merching is what makes an economy healthier. Money has to roll, and with each transaction a little bit will be sunk. Once again, this gives more freedom of each individual rate of items because everyone will be rolling from the same pool.

Which brings me back to my vote for A3 - and my pledge to change the cash shop.

I didn't choose for A2 because it's pretty vague. Party quests have level limits, no map is equal, no skill is equal... There are more factors that imply certain biasses for each independent item. Where as adding a single item to everything is, imho, less biased. I also believe that option A2 will be a lot harder to balance out; keep up-to-date with shifts in population, class popularity; new maps... than A3 would be. As such A3 will provide more quality on the long run, in an easier fashion.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Bigfoot? Bigfoot only drops a bigfoot toe at most. I haven't seen anyone solo bigfoot, only duo it. I've heard about people accidentally ksing bigfoots that have almost no health left. You can only sell bigfoot toes until no one needs them anymore. The only place that's almost guaranteed to have bigfoot is The Evil Dead, but you probably don't know where that is. It only costs 10 heartstoppers I believe it was (I have a deputy star already). It took literally 9 bigfoots and I even gave them extra heartstoppers to get the job done faster. The headless horseman? I have never seen another player buy a headless horseman head, I can solo him and I got my head for free. Number32, is who I bought the BF toe from awhile ago. I also bought a Zhelm from his old guild for 50 mil. I bought a red katana from Next's shop with around 107 attack around 3 months ago before I could even use it. About a week or two later, zhelms dropped to around 20 mil. It took three runs and people disconnected on each run... I even bought advanced combo attack for around another 10 mil? Maybe 20. If you give that to other people that's like 2 mil per person. I don't know anyone who sells zhelms every single day (small community). I've had trouble running into running into no bigfoots. It's a hit or miss. It's either there might be a lot, or there might be none. Bosses may have a higher drop rate, but it's not guaranteed. There are very few Mastery Books that sell. Almost every boss I go to is a joke because it's either been killed. You literally always have to have tele rocks and vip tele rocks or you're going to have a really tough time farming bosses. I maxed out most of my inventory things except for setup and cash. This includes Storage.

Wolf Spiders? Don't make me laugh. I didn't get a single drop in around 5 levels + when I was training there. Only a smart person would realize it it would be more efficient to be able to one hit the monsters and move around the map then it is to take around three-five hits on them (I don't recall how many hits it would take me). The point I'm making is, it's super-inefficient to move around the map and kill mobs). Especially the look of the map. why does it look like a spider? Do you know how long it takes to walk up each side. Sure there's some teleports, but they don't help very much. I almost never use them. The only good time you can utilize your attacks to the fullest is at the bottom mid of the map. You kill most of the enemies on one side, then drop to the bottom and kill the mid. Then you do the other side, and then drop to the mid. The xp is at it's greatest when you kill the bottom mid there. Perhaps it's the fact training would be easier if I had a mount. Then again, I'm more likely to die since power guard goes away if I get on a mount and you can't pot. How do I know this? Well having three Heros in GMS, isn't enough, I don't know what is. One of those Heros is an Ultimate Adventurer which are impossible to make now. I train with smores because I get 10 speed and jump as well as 10 acc/avoid.

Slow as fuck screen-wide attack? Tell me that it's slow when you have enough time to teleport ahead of me and ks me while I'm walking around. You would have to be about as dumb as bricks if you imagine that I said I couldn't farm items. I NEVER said that. I said it's at least at LEAST 4-5 times less efficient playing as a Crusader and even Hero, then it would be as playing a Mage. That's just how fast Mages can kill mobs. Take for example skeles. I would like to see a Hero kill skeles in 1/2 the time a Bishop can. I don't think is possible, even if the Hero was 200. Unless the Bishop just turned 120 or is using a really bad weapon. I'm talking about a 130 Bishop + compared to a much higher level Warrior (preferably Hero). The limited number of bosses in the game don't guarantee drops. If you go somewhere, you might just be wasting your time if someone has already killed the bosses before you. Goodjob, you just wasted some nx if you telied there.

I only train on dreamy ghosts but I can't keep training there when there's always a god damn Crow there. I've asked several people in the fm/alliance and even smegaed and no one helped. Last I recall, I was training to get to 120.

I know exactly how much mage shit costs, and it's not like three times as much as a warrior's equipment costs.

The point of being able to farm deputy scrolls would be to sell them. Did you even consider that as being an option? Probably not.

How about Bishops selling leech? You can literally make a hefty profit from selling leech to multiple people. Imagine that you're selling leech to people 5 mil per hour per person at skeles (This is a guaranteed 25 mil/hour). In ten hours you would have made 250 mil minus pots. This doesn't count scrolls/mesos/equips that you pick up. There are many other places you can leech people for money and get better drops. Yeah, I've heard people have been getting banned for selling leech, but the fact of the matter is, it just makes training almost pointless. Why train when I can get leeched much faster then I can train myself?

Can't sell Bigfoot leech, because it's impossible to do.

11. Nooooahhh

Nooooahhh Snail

Dec 10, 2015
    Male
    Nooooahhh
    Beginner
    Demure
    For anyone thats played Runescape in the past you'll know what the rare drop table is, and i think that what we should do. for anyone that doesnt know what that is here's how runescape wiki describes it.

The rare drop table is a special list of items. When slain, some monsters have a chance to give loot from the rare drop table instead of loot from their own unique drop table.

When a creature is killed, the items it drops are chosen from a list of possible drops, which is different for each creature. This drop is chosen at random, via a sort of "roll of the dice". Some items (usually the less valuable ones) are more likely to be dropped than others.

For the monsters that give access to the rare drop table, one of the "items" on the list of standard drops is actually a trigger that gives a second "roll" on another list of items: the rare drop table.

The rare drop table is actually a set of three tables, referred to as the Gem Table, the Rare Table, and the Super Rare Table. When a player kills a creature and accesses the rare drop table, the "dice" are thrown onto the Gem Table. The player may get an uncut gem, a half of a key, and other select items, or they may roll onto the Rare Table. The Rare Table has more valuable items such as rune equipment or a dragon dagger, and a small chance to roll onto the third table, the Super Rare Table. This is the rarest table and offers the most valuable items such as magic tree seeds or a dragon spear.[1] For all tables, the less valuable items are more likely to be chosen than the expensive ones.

Sorry for the talk about runescape items, I just pulled this off of the wiki. personally i think adding something like this into the game would be great!

12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Andyman99999Andyman99999

Maybe you missed the part where I said that bigfoot is the best for exp for these bossers. And maybe you just didn't read the part near the bottom where I mentioned bosses should also be given good drops. Obviously since bigfoot doesn't really drop much if at all atm, it should get something. Anyway, I solo bigfoot, and as a matter of fact, I've seen others not only solo bigfoot but leech others. How you seem to have trouble finding bigfoot when there's plenty and I've always been able to find one is beyond me. Makes me think it's you who doesn't know your way around the crimson forest. I don't need your condescending remarks.

If you aren't going to be satisfied when bosses receive additional rewards, you never will be. Your posts are nothing but a mountain of salt. So much whining and inaccuracy, I can't even respond to it all. It sounds like you either should just change the class you play or git gud at the one you like.

Anyway, if you have a beef with mage ults, you should probably make an entirely different suggestion in its own thread about nerfing the hell out of them and thus making the classes all but useless. I'm sure you'll get a positive reception. Kappa

• Like Like x 4
  13. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    I have the marker of heroism, the crimsonwood keystone, and the map of the phantom forest. I've had this stuff since I was like level 85. I was dexless until, I think it was 92? I don't recall but I have a screenshot of it on Steam before I put any points into dexterity). I think I know where everything is in Masteria. I was training at CWMLA (I'm pretty sure you don't know what that is without looking it up so I'll just tell you). It stands for Crimsonwood Mountain Lower Ascent (aka Windraiders as people refer to the map as) @ 65.

Whining? because I'm stating facts over fiction. Mages just make more money in the end. /endrant

Do you know agree that giving bosses more loot will cause incentive for people to farm the bosses all of the time? I do believe this will cause competition between people resulting in certain people making more money (people with a greater total damage output [actually referring to dps here] will make more money most of the time). People must not be buying toes if you're seeing a lot of bigfoots now. Doesn't really make sense to kill bigfoot for nothing except xp. Bigfoot might not be the only boss in the game, but there are only a few bosses even worth farming.

Let's say all of the bosses: Bigfoot/Headless Horseman/Mushmom/Blue Mushmom/Zombie Mushmom/Horntail (still undefeated I believe, I wouldn't know since I heard it was glitched the last time I played), Zakum,/Snowman/Male Boss/Female Boss/The Boss (Not sure if it exists here though, I'm assuming it is and I'm assuming no one has defeated him if he does)/Papulatus/Pianus/Crow/Timer/Mano/Crimson Balrog/Balrog/Snackbar? (not sure if this one exists either)/Eliza/Papa Pixie/That Mt-whatever in the Omega Sector. I think that's all of them. Some of those bosses aren't even true bosses for me since a lot of people can kill them.

I never said anything about actually nerfing Mages to the point that they're useless. It's simple really, nerf the drops of scrolls by about one third for mages ults and nerf the amount of mp they lose for using their ults by about 1/3 and increase the speed for their ults by 1/4 or a 25% increase. This would increase their damage input on enemies by 25% while keeping their damage the same. They would still retain their ability to spam ults, they would still have the same amount of drops (except for scrolls), and make the same amount of mesos, and have . 1/3 is one divided by 3 or 33.333334%. The repeating bar goes over the 3, I just am too lazy and don't care enough to show it. In simple, instead of getting three scrolls, they would get two scrolls. Because of the fact that their ults would be faster, they would make better bossers for multi-target (like Zakum's Arms). They would be even better at leeching since their ults would be sped up and certain maps, they could farm faster resulting in more scrolls. It would be roughly the same amount of scrolls with the increased ult speeds (a little less) on certain maps.

14. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    What about the implemntation of meso bags.
    These can be set at a base amount.
    This would provide money for the market, and gach would provide the goods.

I feel like mesos are always choked by the top players.
    A lot of them wait for a significant price drop, don't scroll, but have accumulated billions of the servers mesos.

If they never make moves to purchase, money will never flow.
    Items will never be bought at regular prices, and everything deflates (A lot of people are impatient towards prices and would rather recieve less)

15. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    4:35 AM
    Paladin
    has.. has that seriously been a thing? how long has it been like this?

16. Iamlovely

Iamlovely Blue Snail

Dec 10, 2015
    Female
    I am a bit conflicted on this issue. I feel that 4th job mages have a bit of an advantage over other classes so I would personally not like to see rare equips dropping from mobs (or bosses for that matter). Keep rare equips exclusive to gachapon, but perhaps tweak the rates more in our favour. I personally enjoy the gambling aspect of gachapon, I think it makes the game fun.

I would also like to continue receiving scrolls through gachapon, but I believe all varieties of normal scrolls (limited to 10 and 60%s) should be available through very rare drops. I am not against having most Dark Scrolls be limited to gachapon. Having 10s and 60s drop from mobs will give an advantage to average players which I think is fair. For this who wish to be "godly", I don't believe keeping a certain amount of challenge is a bad thing. I vote to keep it difficult (though less impossible through increased gachapon rates).

And also keep gachapon exclusive to vote cash. I'm not sure if that was mentioned anywhere in the first post, but I like the system.

17. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I have a brilliant idea. Since so many people are concerned that X class will outperform them on Y mob or boss, let's just remove ALL equips, ALL scrolls, all mesos, and everything else from monsters! Make gach tickets cost 10 nx and just let everyone get items, meso sacks, and exp from gach instead!

Can you imagine it? A game where the playing field was equal! Level 1 beginner, level 200 nightlord, it doesn't matter what level or class you are because now everyone gets everything from gachapon! 500 spins on the slot machine a night, nothing but pure RNG distributed over an extremely long sample. It couldn't possibly be more fair than that, right?

But where the hell would the gameplay go? What would be the point in anything anymore? It might seem like a strawman, but I'm only taking this mentality to the logical conclusion. If players are so afraid to add items to mob drops to make the server economy not utterly dependent on gachapon, then is it therefore better to add MORE to gachapon and make LESS available from mobs?

The notion is completely ridiculous. What we want to do is reward players for playing the damn game. Voting and clicking a slot machine over and over isn't maplestory. Killing hordes of monsters, partying up, taking down a boss is the meat of the game and its very essence. You're supposed to work to get stronger, to earn wealth and get better gear, and it's supposed to feel like an accomplishment. If every class did the same thing and took down every monster the exact same way, there would be no classes. And if there was no difference between a level 1 beginner and a 200 nightlord, the game is DEAD.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    Every discussion about gacha, unique items and scrolls turns into a shitfest of "MAGE OP NERF PLS PJSalt"..
    Some classes outperform other classes at certain tasks. That's how shit works, if you don't like it then that's too bad. Either make a mage and farm or don't make one and don't complain.

Or yknow, focus on gach and don't derail this thread again.

• Like Like x 5
  19. zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    people crying about mages having an easier time farming must not really farm , I farm on a hermit / NL all the time and I don't see the big deal .. It's all about lcuk really I farm just as fast as a bishop at nightghosts

L> farmable items

• Like Like x 2
  20. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    12:35 PM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    I think this is in the other section, so correct me if its in another:
    -make gach ticks cost 2k/3k nx instead of 1k. (or remove gach tickets from the cash shop).
    -most of the items (30% scrolls, etc) from gach be farmable from mobs (except pac,pgcs and those kinds).
    -all quests give 1 gach ticket on completion (make people want to do quests).
    -all boss monsters drop 1 gach ticket (make people want to keep timer on bosses and make it more competitive).
    -tweak gachpon (make the scrolls/items for each class be in their town, bows from henesys, spears from perion...).

Reasoninng for the points i made:
    -It is much more efficent now playing the game, instead of just voting.
    -You dont have to gach inorder to get what you want.
    -Mages can farm items better then any1 (not complaining), but now attackers can do quests and farm bossess, to get rewarded more. (mages can also do it).
    -For the gachpon tweak, like Nikki said somewhere make elixirs and all of those pots, come in alot more quantity (i think its better then removing them).
    (also what i said bove).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.