1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grand Gachapon thread

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Dec 8, 2015.

Gachapon changes: READ TOPIC

Poll closed Dec 15, 2015.
  1. A2

44.3%
  2. A3

15.8%
  3. A3B

6.6%
  4. A4

6.0%
  5. B (please post in topic, read B description)

16.4%
  6. C

4.9%
  7. Other (please post in topic, read Other description)

6.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    11:01 AM
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    You could be right. I reread all 11 pages today but I didn't see suggestions for that. Do you know who's suggestion it was?

2. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    3:01 PM
    iDummie
    Thief
  3. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    Which scrolls are un-tradable again? Which end game un-tradable items would be added to drops and low level pq's? I'm honestly not sure what this even means.

4. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    Yeah I saw that but you proposed adding end game items to end game mobs. People currently seem to be against adding anything to low level mobs out of fear of having to farm low level content...

Your suggestion is fine, but if that's actually what started this current line, people need to go back and reread.

5. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    4:01 PM
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3

not me, but it proves my point

6. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    3:01 PM
    iDummie
    Thief
    As a hero who is primarily working towards 1h sword endgame, there is currently next to none 1h sword 30% scrolls in fm, I sorely need them to be added so that I can farm them, but that being said, I do not expect these to drop exclusively (or at all) from tot or other high lvl mobs, but I fully expect to have to farm low lvl mobs for these.
    This is the main difference between end-game items and non end-game.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    9:01 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    1. We were planning on attempting a run regardless and I didn't know Candy or Aero would be attending. If I had known I probably would not have attended because of the chance of toxic posts like you just made.
    2. My current zhelm is obviously not from that run :confused:
    3. Really? LOL gtfo with this offtopic circlejerk 'trying to make nikki mad' silly shit. Ya'll were trying to charge me 50m for TT10 and I ended up getting it for free. Candy and Aero decided to help with the run. This only reinforces the fact that high leveled players already hold monopolies over boss markets and should not obtain a ToTMarket as well
    4. I can kill almost any nonboss mob in the game rather effectively. Maybe not as effectively as a bishop or a player with OP gear, but AGAIN that is the ENTIRE reasoning for the basis of my argument.

I am lobbying for equality in farming OP items that is not time dependent. Gachapon is time dependent. ToT mobs are unequal. I cannot explain it clearer than that. Are you able to argue against why that should not happen and the change should either remain time dependent or unequal? Or are you just going to keep using slander/personal attacks?

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:01 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Wait. Are you, the economic expert/genius/graduate saying that it's better for the economy if no one can farm the things they actually need and are forced to trade? High levels do not need more mesos and NPC equips. They need their end-game gear and want to improve it if at all possible. How does giving the high level players more mesos, which they already have an abundance of, but giving low level players exclusive access to scrolls and equips they cannot effectively use make any sense?

This is absolutely ass-backwards, terrible design. The fundamental issue here is that an extremely dedicated player willing to put forth the time and effort can't. They are forced to rely on others who may not put forth the same grinding effort or possibly want to save these items for themselves or their friends later down the road (and do note, apparently saving up items and not trading them is 'bad' for the economy!) and the person then also has to compete with other people in a price war. It's much simpler and more elegant to enable people to farm what they need. The people that put forth the most effort win, no red tape.

And don't suggest buffing ToT exp/meso garbage so then you can pull the "have your cake and eat it too" nonsense. The whole argument is silly and irrelevant anyway. When did anyone suggest adding gun 30% scrolls to ghost ship or PACs to skeles??

What? First of all, the price of zhelms has dropped drastically from 50m. The price they are around now seem to reasonably cover the cost of a team's time and resources spent both while killing the boss and preparing/organizing the run. I'll let you in on another little-known economic secret: people buy those helms at that price because they feel it's worth it! After all, zhelm is the best-in-slot headgear which each player can only have one of.

In the grand scheme of things, 25-30m for a one-time purchase is nothing. If players were truly being gouged, they simply wouldn't pay these prices. Of course, there are the desperate/impatient people who still do it. They are probably the ones who kick themselves later when the prices dropped. But it was their decision and their fault. Another protip: you don't need zhelm to get to level 120+.

I'd suggest stop trying to be a "martyr" and ruin the game in the same process and just use some common sense to actually improve the game in a reasonable, logical fashion.

I think I need to ask the same of you. The argument that "zhelms are a monopoly" or "scrolls from ToT area monopoly" are completely absurd. Yes a monopoly typically involves a single person or very small minority exerting complete control over some good or service... but this, much like your inapplicable schooling doesn't translate over to game logic at all. The first thing to point out is that everyone starts out exactly the same. Level 1 beginner, 0 mesos. All the same quests are available to everybody, all the same training spots are open as well. The only real difference between one person's opportunity is RNG. What rewards they get from the PQ, if something rare drops from a mob...

The thing that sets the high level players apart from the low level players is time invested. Not crafty trade deals, not collusion, not lobbying the government. Anyone complaining that omg there's a "monopoly" with ToT or zruns just needs to stfu and train. The people who actually did attain the levels and gear to do these activities worked hard for it.

...Are any of you starting to notice that the people with the most dangerous and bad ideas are using "equality" as an excuse? This is turning more into a discussion on marxism between 1st jobbers and 4th jobbers and literally class warefare. Haven't you at least seen the movie Atlas Shrugged?

The high level players in the server are not evil, moneygrubbing slave drivers who own everything. The people who clamor "it's not fair!" when high level players can reap the benefits of being high level are like the same people in real life who never work for a thing in their life and keep demanding more and more handouts.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think if you actually contributed to the fight, you wouldn't have been charged so much or anything at all, really. Getting TT10 right at level 120 is more of a luxury and a privilege than it is a right. Kind of like getting a zhelm at level 50.

Oh, another thing. Clearly you are mad at this and being called out.

And I don't think anyone has said anything about this before but... claiming people "circlejerk" each other is pretty damn offensive. You use that a lot, too. What, so people who are friends and/or work together or share the same opinions are "circlejerkers"?

Who exactly is hurling out the 3rd grade insults here?

10. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    I did contribute and I wasn't charged since it WASN'T THEIR RUN XD He just brought it up for no reason. He wasn't even there. Was cute to see that they save screenshots of me to prove things, though.

Queen Nikki reigns supreme in legends in regards to impact and scope, of that we are certain <3

#guccilyfestyle
    #hatemecuzuaintme
    #h8ersrmotivaterz

11. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    Don't get me wrong, I agree with nearly everything you've posted so far. I'm just adding in the fact that a healthy market where players without need for the item (1h30% in this case) would be selling enough of them so that there shouldn't be too much of a need for dedicated farming.

12. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    Is it just me or does that perfectly define a healthy economy? One player has a demand for an item, and another player has a supply of that item. It makes perfect sense.

I don't know what to say.. That is exactly describing a healthy economy...

No one is arguing for exclusively having these items drop for a certain demographic. But acting like people are isn't helping to move the discussion forward.

13. zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    10:01 AM
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    I dont think end game weapons like capes / or chaos / white scrolls should be dropped from any mobs under level 80 , whats the point? So they can be sold for mesos? Make other scrolls like more weapon scrolls sword/wand/claw/dagger more accessible to the masses and under lvl 70 mobs .. not the main stuff that high levels need to make gear to kill bosses like HT ..

Dark Scrolls are what should be dropped by lower level mobs (under lvl 80) .. not pink capes / chaos / and whites .. Figure out other stuff / buff gacha for these few items (pink cape / chaos / white) ..

14. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    It's not a healthy economy if it's the ONLY way to do it. Trade is good and expected in a healthy economy. But if player A needs thing X and player B needs thing Y, yet neither have the ability to directly acquire what they want to, we just make things more convoluted than they have to be.

15. TRM

TRM Mushmom

Apr 13, 2015
    Male
    SlimShady
    Bowmaster
    Lame
    Gach should stay the same right now. Just limit the amount of times an account could use gacha (or the amount of tickets an account could buy with NX) per day, week, month, etc. Then just have certain scrolls only obtainable from gacha drop from mobs. Have some expensive scrolls only obtained from gacha drop from both low level mobs and high level mobs so that way everyone has a fair chance of getting them (have them drop at a low rate of course). Distribute the 'drops' among mobs in maps that people never train in.

Do zombie mushrooms and cold eyes drop chaos scrolls in this server? I remember they did during GMS pre big-bang, wasnt' sure if they drop them in Legends. If not, then include the chaos as a drop from zombie mushrooms and cold eyes (and whatever other monster dropped them pre-big bang, also at a relatively low-rate). Completely remove chaos scrolls from gach tho. Include chaos scrolls as a drop-able item for Zakum, Pap, and Horntail (again, low-rate). I'm not sure if they drop them in Legends right now tho.

Another option would be to completely eliminate gachapon for good. Then distribute all of the 'rare items and scrolls' from low level mobs to high level mobs. Include items such as PAC, PuAC, Chaos scrolls in the drops of the mobs, but at an EXTREMELY LOW-RATE! Have items such as PACs, PGCs, raccoon masks, etc. drop from mobs starting at level 40 or 50 so that way the level 20-30's can't get them til they're a higher level, kinda similar to the level limit for gacha now. Eliminating the gachapon for good would allow players to only use their NX for clothes, pets, AP resets etc. Oh, and include white scrolls in GM events only so that way the winner could receive a white scroll, but make it untradable to others. Maybe make PACs and Chaos scrolls untradable too.

So thats my opinion on this. I know this is a very debatable subject here.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  16. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    This isn't a barter economy. We have mesos as the medium of exchange. As you said yourself;

So as you say, higher level players already have a great way to purchase items as long as they do make it to market.
    and I'll just restate:

17. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I'm too lazy to go through the latest barrage of posts, but can someone explain to me why they think there should be equality between the lower leveled players and the higher leveled players? What exactly is the point of game progression if we don't progressively gain advantages through gameplay?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    I agree, it is ass backwards design. But it only has to be that way for a healthy and equal economy to exist because of the Gachapon system and mage ultimates that exist. I didn't create those features. Neckson did, to maximize profit. I don't care about logical gameplay as much as I care about a healthy economy. After all, thats why I joined this server and also why I continue to play maple story. I like the free market aspect. I like the stable economy aspect that existed in GMS (because there was enough supply and propensity to sell to do so) I like the idea of having the option of paying someone to do the hard work for me because of the way markets can often be manipulated. This is not possible within a game that has an unhealthy market where item supply is based on farming, as there will never be enough supply or propensity to sell to stabilize prices. High levels will farm the scrolls and use them.

This eliminates a giant portion of how GMS v62 was and for me kills the nostalgia.

Just because you like to/have the time to sit and farm things for hours doesn't mean that is how everyone wants to play the game. V62 maple story had a healthy economy where prices always stabilized VERY shortly after a large change was made. Legends does not have enough supply and propensity to sell for that. My suggestions improve both of those things, and thats why i'm making them.

As for all of your rather insulting and questioning bits, i'm just going to ignore that and chalk it up to that awesome smega a few days ago.

19. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    It's not about perfect 'equality' but rather enfranchising players. High level players are rewarded by having the option to farm any content lower level than them, participate in boss runs and have their mobs drop money exponentially higher than low levels as well as equip drops worth much more.
    Coming into any server for a multiplayer game, you want to be a part of the action as soon as possible. While enfranchising lower level players wont increase the number of sign-ups we get, it may very well let us retain more of those who do.

• Like Like x 1
  20. zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~

What's your skype? u got a man? for real im not jokin hmu in a pm

Thread Status: