1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grand Gachapon thread

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Dec 8, 2015.

Gachapon changes: READ TOPIC

Poll closed Dec 15, 2015.
  1. A2

44.3%
  2. A3

15.8%
  3. A3B

6.6%
  4. A4

6.0%
  5. B (please post in topic, read B description)

16.4%
  6. C

4.9%
  7. Other (please post in topic, read Other description)

6.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    6:14 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Aside from LanguagesLanguages post regarding enfranchising new players, which is fantastic and on point, another reason:

There shouldn't be. Some scrolls/items should be included at high level places such as ToT and Bosses. But they already have the privilege of grinding at the highest meso/npc rate. The market will be healthier if players with a propensity to sell receive mostly randomized rewards rather than farm for an exact item at an exact place specifically to use it.

Think of it this way:

When a player farms and uses a scroll, the price level for the item is ? and it doesn't help the market stabilize
    When a player farms and attempts to sell an item, it helps the market stabilize

2. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    1:14 PM
    Dark Knight
    Project

• Like Like x 8
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:14 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Maybe a little drawing would help people understand.

Bob.png

• Like Like x 12
  4. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    7:14 AM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    I'm not keeping up with the posts or anything but something does need to be done to ensure end game content to be reachable by the average high level player. Currently all we have is Zakum and Horntail(broken) and trying to land 7-10 30%s, if scrolls become farmable this will give us high level players something to do that will consume a lot of time other than afk farm gach offline and level to 200.

Please this is a great idea to add unique/rare scrolls and items to drops :). Self found godly gear sounds really fun!.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The major problem with this is that mesos do not equate to the items you actually need. You can have all the mesos in the world. But if something just isn't for sale, it isn't for sale. There's only X many chaos scrolls, pacs, 30% gun scrolls, and pinakas out in the market. When other players have not acquired these items (or sell them for absolutely ridiculous amounts) you are SOL. The only reprieve you have is the ability to do the work and farm the items you need yourself.

Don't believe me? Ask Redwine. He literally had billions of mesos but no matter what couldn't get enough gun scrolls for his corsair. It's part of the reason he quit. Maybe not all of it. But I'm sure a big part.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    8:14 AM
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    I'm NOT arguing for them not being farmable by high level players. I'm arguing FOR them being farmable by anyone. The fact that mesos are useless is part of the problem, but the solution isn't to have everyone self-farming items. If everyone is sourcing their own items, that is self-sufficiency, which has no impact whatsoever on the economy. This discussion was started to find a way to have a healthy market where the players who need items have a way to obtain them, all I'm saying is that the best option available to fix the issue isn't to have everyone going out and farming the items themselves.

While I applaud the effort and humor. The 'bad economic design' section doesn't actually make much sense.
    Why can't he find any equips or scrolls? I'm not even sure what suggestions you're using for that section of the comic.

7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Obviously "everyone" can't farm them or you'd be forced to put everything onto green snails. Killing them would be like opening a pinata. That would pretty much kill the game right there and then.

So no, "everyone" can't farm effectively at the beginning. It's bad game design. Players need to make their characters strong before they can literally farm everything. But yes... I should point out that everyone has the potential to reach 4th job and beyond.

8. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    12:14 PM
    iDummie
    Thief
    Will they ever be added to the game at all?

9. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    Taken a little literally, but yes obviously I agree. Green snails shouldn't drop every item in the game. However there should be some economic avenue open to all players. As I've said before, the value of being high level and getting the option to farm all lower level content is enough value for your time.

Also, continuously calling everything 'bad game design' (I've seen this maybe 3-4 times from you) is pretty self defeating if you can never provide anything to back it up...

10. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Also, I am deleting extremely sarcastic posts since they only build up drama.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    Thank god for that. I thought I saw some disappear.

12. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    ^^Rip end game goals?

13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    How am I supposed to back it up?

You literally just have to ask yourself... does this make sense? Is it fair? Is gameplay still fun and competitive?

If you undermine a high-level player's character by making them completely unable to get the items they want through killing monsters, then no, it doesn't make sense and it isn't fair. Is it fun having to continually make new characters? Maybe a few people might think so? But the fast majority of people will get tired of it. Is the gameplay competitive anymore? Well, since you pretty much killed a level 140+ character's usefuleness and there's no incentive for them to train anymore, I'd say it's a resounding no.

If you admit the decision is horribly stupid (as Nikki has) but still think it's necessary to 'fix' the economy. I'm sorry, but you're still wrong.

14. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    I'm just gunna say, please reread my posts. I've tried to clarify this numerous times. I'm not, and I don't see anyone, arguing to make it impossible for players to farm scrolls they need. You're arguing with no one on half of your replies to me.

My argument is that it shouldn't be the SOLE way to obtain these items, and should in fact be the MINORITY. A healthy economy with scrolls needed on offer is preferable to self-sufficiency.

15. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think white/chaos scrolls will have to only be available by a low chance from the high level bosses. Not shit like Timer or Dyle. Like, the actual bosses that have millions of HP and require teams to take down.

16. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Lionheart im pretty sure that counts as a drop even if its a "high level monster" :( :( :(

17. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think we got off on the wrong foot when I was speaking against Nikki, who basically said lower level players should have the exclusive ability to farm the high-end items... and ToT needs more mesos. lul.

And when I said FORCING players to trade with one another is a bad idea (because they have to of course because they can't get what they need themselves), you said it was a "healthy economy".

So maybe you're the one who needs to know what we were talking about in context. :cool:

18. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Can we get clarification here?...

19. Languages

Languages Horny Mushroom

Nov 24, 2015
    Male
    Languages
    F/P Mage
    How do you even 'force' that. Spear scrolls drop only if your a bowman? Int scrolls drop only for beginners? While its a dramatic and evocative image, it doesn't make sense, is a strawman argument, and no one is arguing in favor of that anyway.

20. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Ok, I'll say it differently since I never should say never. However, many are not happy with the idea of White Scrolls dropping from mobs, nor do people want see white scrolls everywhere. White Scrolls are an item that remove all the challenge out of scrolling since you basically have unlimited slots.

There's people that joined here in compare to an other server because there were not 20 billion white scrolls or perfect weapons everywhere. Of course the rates could be very, very... verrry low but I doubt many would be still happy at all when White Scrolls become more available, but we shall see!

I'll delete the previous post, since I still never should say never.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.