1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Maintenance June 17th, 2016

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Poofcakes, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    12:43 AM
    [​IMG]

Hello Maplers,

We will be performing a Scheduled Maintenance on Friday, June 17th. It will last approximately 15 min~1 hour. Upon completion, the game will be brought back online and service will be restored. Once restored, you can login and play! New updated files will be available for download shortly after the beginning of the maintenance. Detailed patch notes will be provided at the conclusion of the maintenance.

Time:
    9:00 PM CEST
    Click here to see time in the Netherlands

What will be unavailable:
    • All MapleLegends game servers and channels
    Changes and Updates:
    • Pirate Captain's Hat will be fixed
    • RED, Pengy and Li'l Lai pets fixed
    • The Black and White Cat Ears in the Cash Shop will be replaced by the unisex versions (now called Kitty Ears)
    • The Pink and Blue Kitty Hoodies will be both unisex
    • Freckles will be unisex
    • Fixes to autoban system
    • Some Magatia quest item drop fixes
    • New command to choose if you want to accept fames, defames, both or none. The default will be fame only. Check the @fame command in-game.
    • Minor ToS update
    Patch notes (client sided):
    • Some OCD fixes
    • Some Owl of Minerva fixes
    • Popsicle Sword now also covers wands and staffs
    More may be posted before/during the maintenance.

Sincerely,

-MapleLegends Staff-

Download link to the new files will be available once the maintenance is going on. It is REQUIRED to patch your game or else you'll disconnect everywhere because of our updates.

Thank you.

EDIT:

Patcher:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7GxfbN1I-ZZMUZFY2dxamNneGM

Patcher instructions (do NOT use .wz edits):
    1) Double click the jar after downloading it (you NEED Java)
    2) Confirm your MapleLegends folder (click yes if use default directory)
    3) Let it patch

If patcher doesn't work:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7GxfbN1I-ZZY3hZenA2ZExXRzA/

Instructions:
    1) Download the .wz files
    2) Drag them to your MapleLegends folder (make sure you're not running the client!)
    3) Replace when asked

If neither of those work:
    Full installer: http://maplelegends.com/download

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    5:43 PM
    Paladin
    why

EDIT:
    oh that's not bad at all

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    #SaveTheDefame

• Like Like x 2
  4. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    LMFAO REMOVING DEFAME LOLLOL

I want to propose removing dieing when at 0 hp too, cause this might make people sad.
    Edit: I feel like there is no game related value to dieing.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Defaming has only caused drama. There's no game related value of defaming people.

If you have to make a rule about not allowing more than one defame to be given to a single person, then well, there's something wrong with it. As such, it's getting removed.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    8:43 AM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    More unisex items plz <3 #DOWNWITHGENDERNORMS

• Like Like x 12
  7. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    7:43 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    This server is going the wrong direction, coded for the whiny kids...

• Like Like x 22
  8. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Capture.JPG
    upload_2016-6-17_17-1-57.png
    upload_2016-6-17_17-2-10.png
    upload_2016-6-17_17-2-27.png
    upload_2016-6-17_17-2-42.png

• Like Like x 2
  9. snowing

snowing Horny Mushroom

Aug 23, 2015
    6:43 PM
    Shadower
    Disorder
    The option to chose whether you want to have defame or not is cool, but as someone who personally chooses to collect defame over fame (and am currently sitting at around -60) this patch better not effect any of my current fame.

Anyway, excited for the new patch and the new features :)

10. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    Removing defames (even just for the default setting) is going to far. I don't see why conflicts between players have to be resolved by the staff, be it through bans for harassment or by disabling a feature that may upset someone.
    None of the people who get offended by being defamed would act that way in real life. It's rather that measures like these promote immaturity by assuming it in the players. If I know as a player that I'll have to resolve conflicts myself, then I will adapt to that and be able to do so. But if conflicts are instead resolved by the gms for me, then I won't try to resolve anything myself and report people for harassment instead.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Killing people with summoning bags, using Kappa and being able to take a homophobic/racial joke without crying to the Staff is not being a "whiny aggressive asshole".

• Like Like x 5
  12. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    "To complain or protest in a childish or annoying fashion" is the definition of whining.
    You only call this whining if you believe that trying to be heard with good arguments is considered "annoying". It hurts when the thing you love takes away precious aspects of it, and doesnt want to listen to the reasons why these aspects should return. The effort taken to bring up the same reasons time after time without getting any kind of good counter argument just shows the good will of the people wanting the server to succeed. Simply labeling these people as whiners so you no longer have to listen to them is very ignorant and I am sad to see you partake in this.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Most of the times I saw someone supporting summoning bags, they were using valid arguments. People who asked for them to be removed simply whined with no logical reason until they got removed.
    About Kappa, lots of people whined, yes, but there were still some decent arguments given like "why remove it if it can still be used as an image with the link?"

• Like Like x 3
  14. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Read the OP please.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    See it with your own eyes

• Like Like x 2
  16. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    1:43 AM
    Sean
    let me break it down for you because all these little changes cater to these people who get so easily offended that they throw a tantrum whenever something negative happens to them.

Maplestory as a game itself is pretty easy, there is nothing negative to inflict upon another user (pk, pvp) EXCEPT

ks'ing (which is already prohibited and we are all ok with it, however dealing with ksers at least for me made grind more competitively on EMS and tried harder)

killing someone with a sack (no idea why it got removed if you wanna afk go fm its 1 button, also restrict people from using them in 1st job adv's? shouldnt be hard, also i remember a guy ksing me and i stalked him for HOURS until i got the drop on him and killed him while he afked in ellinia [EMS] so technically its the only true form of revenge, inflicting death upon another user)

and finally mass defaming. The euphoria you experience after mass defaming a guy that has bought his fames cannot be comprehended.

I REALLY DONT KNOW WHY WOULD YOU REMOVE ALL OF THESE INSTEAD OF FOCUSING IN MORE IMPORTANT MATTERS.

your true playerbase is disgusted trully, you just want to cater for these 1-2 crybabies that pop up once or twice per month and whine about something then they post that they quit anyway 1 month later, yet you ignore the pleads for help on important matters from your loyal playerbase.

and now what happened? All these loyal people posted their quit threads already and they are moving on, quitting completely or moving to other servers. I don't know if the admins wanted a server with 50 people max, but i certainly liked it last year with 200+ on.

anyway looks like playstyle police is shared among games with "legends" in their names. (league)

/rant off

cya

BIG PS that I forgot to add; I only rant about the server coz its literally the best all around private server I have ever played, 0 bugs, smooth gameplay, 0 dc's, no lag and a great community, I only wish the lead dev wouldn't ditch it to do his thing

• Like Like x 7
  17. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Are you in the state of belief that a server can survive when you have a staff vs players relation? Don't you think the community, which pretty much makes or breaks a server, should mostly be inline with the staff?
    I personally believe the best server ever (my first and last) will not survive this way, which makes me very sad because I can do nothing to change this.

• Like Like x 1
  18. snowing

snowing Horny Mushroom

Aug 23, 2015
    Shadower
    Disorder
    Who cares if people are whining, we're here now and now we all have to deal with it together whether we like it or not.

EVERYONE who plays this server is here out of their own free will, if you hate this server so much then you can go find another one to play, it isn't that hard. Creating such a safe space is such the wrong way of going about this because, as people have said before, everyone will expect to be in their safe bubble at all times and people will get offended by little things and NEWS FLASH, THAT'S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW. The mods are pissed at the players, the players are pissed at the mods, and no one is listening to anyone. EVERYONE is getting upset and it's really damaging what was once a beautiful server. As someone who recently came back from quitting back in February it's upsetting to see my favourite private server going to shit over such trivial nonsense.

I understand where the mods and Kim are coming from. None of us have to deal with the complaints that they do and they're trying their best to make MapleLegends an enjoyable experience for everyone. But with that being said you simply cannot please everyone and trying to do so results in the people who have real concerns being silenced because everyone is trying to make everyone happy.

I won't even go into my opinions on certain things because this isn't the time or place for it, but seriously? Come on guys. We're better than this shit. People here are still nice and still kind to one another, but taking away features simply to ensure everyone is in their comfort zone at all times is absolutely ridiculous and I do not support it.

I'm not angry at anyone here, but I know we can do a better job at both respecting one another and listening to one another.

I'm sorry Kim and mods if this sounds like an attack towards you, it really isn't. This is just how I see the server since I've come back.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Unless I'm misinterpreting things than If you're a person who doesn't mind and/or wants de-fame than you can just enable it. Like of all things to bitch and moan over you guys are choosing the fact that you can no longer freely defame someone. Like of all things that could be criticized, complained, debated, or suggested THIS is what you're debating over. Such a trivial, drama causing thing. Personally I think this is a smart forwarding thinking move on the staffs part. Less drama to focus on = more time to focus on things that actually matter.

But hey what do I know, let's continue to whine about a number. I'll never understand people complaining over a free server That there are so many of, this is the staffs interpretation of a v62 server.

Either way, I may not be as active as I'd like to be but I love seeing the updates coming from you guys, great job. MapleF11

• Like Like x 3
  20. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Everytime someone posts something like this I cry. As long as you keep seeing critism as whining or complaining we eventually go downhill (if we arent already). I dont know how but it would be soo amazing when this would be seen as feedback instead of whining or complaining.
    Please I beg you all, don't ruin the potentail this server had/still has.

• Like Like x 5