1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Idea] 96 max inventory slots (per tab).

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Vith, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    3:27 AM
    Vith
    White Knight
    I'm a hoarder and not everyone might agree to this, but how do you guys feel about the max slots per tab being upped to 96 (the max limit) instead of the limit of 52? More isn't always better, but in this case I think it is. I could be wrong, though, since it's far from v62 GMS-like.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    9:27 AM
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    2:27 AM
    Paladin
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    I think that's fixed

• Like Like x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    Vith
    White Knight
  6. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    2:27 AM
    Paladin
    yep changed to 2nd job and realized my gunner had 4 extra slots. nice

• Like Like x 1
  7. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    8:27 AM
    iDummie
    Thief
    Source: https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...slots-just-isnt-enough.4257/page-2#post-43816

What I meant was create a new item and add it as any other item into the cash shop which would bypass the whole issue. (later versions added this anyway in live maple)

8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I don't think v62 can handle item inventory upgrades as an item, and I am unsure if the packet would even handle it correctly if it goes past the limit created by Neckson. Yes, it can be done in a hackish way (like other servers do), but I am not really a fan of that. I also think the only slot I consider increasing would be ETC, since the rest makes the game easier, which is unnecessary and proven unnecessary.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    iDummie
    Thief
    The limit set at 52 is client sided and has no real effect in stopping you from getting more slots other than blacking out the button which allows you to buy more.
    It can be added as a cs item, not sure if it requires client altering, but really it shouldn't since the functionality for adding slots already exists from the existing options.
    Doesn't really make the game easier or harder it's more of a quality of life change.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    10:27 AM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    Whats wrong with what it is now, just make a mule if you dont have space and if you "need" everything in your inventory then you are managing it wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    Vith
    White Knight
    I agree that using a 'hacky' way to implement slot expansions takes away from the server, but if it is done in an extremely tasteful way, I don't necessarily believe it is a bad thing.

You could still implement custom NPCs that 'feel' GMS-like, in spaces or maps that are empty with no real use. For example, there's a map going to Helios Tower that's just completely useless (unless I'm missing something) that could be used for this example.

Instead of straight out buying expansions from the NPC with mesos/NX, mayhaps you can implement a custom quest line that makes it so you have to earn the expansions (a new quest for each expansion)?

To make it fair, if the quest involves item collection, maybe you could make those items unique or untradable so nobody can cheat.

If it is done in this way, you could make it a gradual progression so it is not as fast to earn upgrades either.

12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:27 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I wonder how in the heck this is "not possible". Clearly the clients are more than capable of handling up to 25 inventory rows. And we already have a feature in the cash shop which can expand inventory. It should be simple enough to make sure the server data structures allocate enough memory for 100 inventory slots, and to hex edit the client to enable buying up to 100 slots.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    It's not possible by default because at 48 (?) slots the option to buy more slots greys out in the Cash Shop (if you want to have fun removing that check from the client, be my guest). Adding a custom item in the Cash Shop and add some proper handling for slot expansion is possible, and definitely the least hacky way of adding it that comes to mind.

Would say though, this makes hermits a little more convenient if use slots can be increased as well. Not that I would particularly mind, but just something to be aware of.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Wat about making NX clothes go to Cash section of items 8D

• Like Like x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    Vith
    White Knight
    Thank you guys so much for the open communication on this idea, first of all.

Secondly, I agree that really only the ETC tab needs extra expansion (I can live with a max of 52 for the other tabs). I would love to hear more disagreements on the matter if anybody else really opposes it.

16. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    10:27 AM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    Could you explain why its needed to add more slots to the ETC tab?

17. OP
    OP
    Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    Vith
    White Knight
    If you don't quest, you probably won't understand. :p

18. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I've never dropped any of the one time quest rewards like the sand bandits sign and florina beach ticket and didn't get to a point where I had to get rid of "essentials" (ores/warp items things like that).

Just make sure you're not doing too many quests at once or carry around useless ores and such. Once you're done with your quests you'll have leftover slots, I had around 8 leftover at that point.

There's not much to say against more slots other than having to invest time for a little convenience.

Also quests are supposed to make you suffer ;)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    I fkin wish this happened i keep having to put all my nx clothes in CS :(

20. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Neckson handle categories by ID thus this is not possible.

• Like Like x 1