1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

“Silver Mane” quest has incorrect requirements

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by deer, Sep 16, 2022.

1. deer

deer Pac Pinky

Oct 27, 2020
    Female
    Oddville
    10:52 PM
    cervid
    Bishop
    Oddjobs
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): Taima’s Beginner Hog Expansion suggestion was accepted into the most recent substantive patch, and the new version of the “Silver Mane” (QID 6006) quest has prerequisites that are simultaneously insufficiently strict and overly strict. It appears that the Silver Mane quest now has no level requirement (as evidenced by level ≤119 characters getting the quest), and instead relies on class requirements that should not exist.

Most quests in the game have only a minimum level requirement, plus possibly one or more prerequisite quests. This is, as far as I know, true of the Hog quest (“Monster Riding”; QID 6002): its only requirement is that the PC be level ≥70. Thus, having class requirements on the Silver Mane quest is totally unnecessarily strict, and no such requirements should be there. Furthermore, it makes more sense if the Silver Mane quest has a level requirement of ≥120, and I think that these things are what was intended by Taima’s proposal and Pasta’s acceptance of it — which is why this is a bug report, rather than a suggestion.
    What is supposed to happen?: The Silver Mane quest should have exactly these two requirements to start it:
    • The PC must have completed Monster Riding (the Hog quest).
    • The PC must be level ≥120.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: IGN Cortical discovered this bug.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): One easy way to evince this bug is to be a level ≤119 beginner with a Hog (there are several of these on the server). I’ve considered buying the Hog for my permarogue (who is level 86) for testing purposes, but I’ve yet to do so.
    Extra information (optional): It’s possible that this bug also applies to the Red Draco quest, but I cannot confirm this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    3:52 PM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    My beginner is lvl126 with silver mane. Red Draco quest isn’t given, so this bug doesn’t seem to affect it… at least for me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    12:52 AM
    Moderator Post
    This will be fixed in the coming patch, the requirements will be changed into the ones you proposed. Thanks for the report!

As a note, Red Draco does not suffer from this same bug, as it includes level 200 as a requirement.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1