1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Actually balance the game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Motto, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    2:04 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    sounds about right.

i am of the assumption that the drop rate is lower if u use ults a a mage, am i wrong?

2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    4:04 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    No players know how general drop rates work or if ultimates are nerfed.

It's probably also one of the only viable methods of nerfing mages without drastic consequences. A (new or additional, depending on whether or not they have been touched) 10-25% nerf on drop rates and a tweaking of the exp formula to favor killers slightly more are the only ways to change mages without breaking their ability to boss. It doesn't even need to be massive, it just needs to be enough that they are favored but not so heavily that there is no competition.

3. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    1:04 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    The first part seems doable, as we already know the event droprates for ultis have a different drop%
    But wouldn't the second suggestion just generally kill party play? Or limit the gains made by non-mage parties

4. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    8:04 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    (repost my answer from akash MU post)

old school maple has always been mage story, even before 4th job. Best money making option before 4th job was coolies as a priest with mesos up. After ultimates, mages started being the best call for leveling up your main. Changing ultimates by reducing cooldown or damage ruins completely the game identity. I choosed legends as it’s similar to what the original servers were. For sure some changes are good but changing mage meta doesn’t seem reasonable. The game is playable as attacker for fun. You don’t need leeching. You can even fond yourself though gachapon. But for sure, you won’t be able to min max things not having a mage and this is completely fair. People remember being NX hoes in GMS playing purely as an attacker and think that it should be easy like that here too. If you want to be on the top, you have to use the best farming class.
    Edit: if you want to make multimage farming harder, make it cap as 4 clients per IP. then, it’s not going to be possible to run many sweepers and then farmers gonna have to move their MU all around the map.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    not true, I can easily grab a VPN, make a VM and run another 4 games on that, on the same computer.

Making it even more of a pay2win, aka pay more for a good computer to run more VMs and more clients + pay for VPNs

6. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    4:04 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    On the topic of nerfing mage ults, I personally would much MUCH rather have a cooldown added to teleport and ultimates left alone.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  7. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    64BCD7C0-9C20-47B6-B5B1-5306CDD04F1C.gif

8. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    7:04 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    if u nerf mage ultimate, den what will their class identity be?

9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    No matter what their 'new' and 'revamped' identity would be, I think it's a scam to people that invested hundreds of hours into a character (or 17 hours of Shaolin) to get to 200, only for them to get something different than what motivated them to get to that point.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    as long as it not just a nerf to the ultimate but a gain to something else, it can work in my opinion.
    i think what we need is a fix and not a "nerf".

The problem as i see it is one person multi-clienting and achieving astronomical gains for just one person be it: Exp, meso, gear , gacha.
    other people are mad that a mage can be played mostly afk ( which is s silly annoyance to have IMO), but it brings us back to multi-clienting and the fact that 1 person can easily wield 4 mages at the same thanks to this.

now since the fix to multi-clents is impossible it pushes peopole in to 2 obvious choices:
    1) nerf the abused map. 2) nerf the class.
    nerfing the map is a dumb idea because you ruin the map for everyone,
    nerfing the class is dumber because you ruin the class period.

the worst part is that if you remove mages as a class people will ask to nerf other Cleave classes, which are less efficient than the mage but do have AOE skills. so after destroying the mage class the problem would not be solved it will just become a problem with a different class.

i also saw rumors that the mages ults are already nurfed in drop rate percentage. it is a rumor and some people say that it is only for event drops, but for some reason i feel more luky with Chain Lightning then Blizzard. I do want to believe that it is not so, but i will understand why it was done if it is.

So what is my proposition, instead of a "nerf" we can "buff" something which will make the Ult less attractive. or which is more logical nurf slightly the ult and upgrade other skills, maybe make the path of a bossing mage a really attractive one.

the upgrades I thought off are:
    1) we can upgrade Big bang, since it's area of affect is small we can make it more powerful to make it more tempting then blizard, or make the area of affect bigger. big bang is not as brain dead as the ult, is great at bossing such as CWKPQ so giving it a little OOMPH while nurfing the ult can be a sort of middle ground.

2) the obvious to upgrade the single target spells, make mage the 3ed best single target class while nurfing the ult. it is a bitter pill to swallow but at least you get something while getting nurfed.

3) change the ult either in number of affected mobs(lower number of mobs, increase dmg) or area of affect while (lowering the DMG, but hit half the map). i have been told that it is a very bad idea, but i like it. multi-clienters will be forced to make more mules or be less efficient, so hopefully it will became tedious enough for them to stop.

4)(this one is kinda dumb) maybe we can lower the DMG on the ult but upgrade the meditation skill in such a way that if you are alone and not in a party you get much more Matt enough to compensate for the ult nurf, and if you are in a party f you get reckt.

• Disagree Disagree x 3