1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice for new character

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Natan125, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Natan125

Natan125 Slime

Apr 10, 2021
    Male
    Israel
    9:40 PM
    Natan1
    Bandit
    Well, I played here in the past but right now I'm starting completely new with a new character, and almost no equips or mesos on me.
    First of all, the first thing I need to find out is how to make some mesos for basic gear, potions, etc.? About a few million mesos would be great. I just dont know how to make mesos, especially at this low level I'm now. Only level 10.
    Other than that, I understand quests give more exp - x3 rate, and they all work. So, are quests faster than grinding at this point? If yes, what quests should I be doing?
    Thank you.

2. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    12:40 PM
    Bishop, HB Mule, MU Mule.

Sell leech, gach for INT scrolls, Horntail PQ/El Nath PQ service, Gobies thats pretty much it for mesos.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    8:40 PM
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Bruh stop sounding so nightmareish, this is for end game amount of mesos a new player should not worry abt this.

Natan to survive the early levels you can sell fame in FM when you are level 15 for about 150k, there are also a lot of nice people that can help with pot costs! I'll link a good quest guide here made by CascadesCascades on the forum for making money :) https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...ted-valuable-scroll-quests.39452/#post-262816 Feel free to reach out if you need any help with gameplay, and make sure to join the discord since most people are more active there!

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    But he has a character already I've stated other ways mentioning gach.

5. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Early on fame can usually cover most costs. You don't need a lot to start out with, especially when it's possible to buy ciders in Ninja Castle for 20 attack to really boost damage.

A bit later on you can get married(It's either at level 40 or 50, can't recall which) which opens up APQ. The bonus stage drops onyx apples, which sell for roughly ~2mil each in the FM.

If you have a good mobbing skill that tends to be the best option for getting money. Gachapon is lucrative, and being able to kill a lot of stuff rather quickly tends to have good results. It also tends to proc more equip drops for fast NPC cash. Early on Genins and Teddies are good for that, with Ghost Ship, roids, and Forest of Golems being good for the middle of second job. Later on are nightghosts and CDs are good money.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Natan125

Natan125 Slime

Apr 10, 2021
    Male
    Israel
    Natan1
    Bandit
    I'm looking for ways I can use right now to make mesos, not for players who already have reached a very high level or something.
    I cant do any of these things right now. Also, I dont mean I need to make that much mesos. I only need a few millions - even 5mill mesos would be a lot to me right now.
    I can do gach, but I dont have many tickets right now. I heard you cant buy them in cash shop, and so far I got only 2 tickets from hunting.

About ciders that give 20 att, do they stack in inventory? Because, I used ciders in the past when I played on other servers, and it takes 1 slot per cider bottle.
    I was also in Coke Town and saw a 15 att Coke Zero pills. Is that good too?
    I havent sold fame yet. Good idea. But, I need to find more ways.
    I'm struggling to have enough even for basic potions and equips. If anyone wants to be nice and help, even about 500k would be nice so I can get started with that and make mesos myself when I'm a little stronger. I'm not the kind of player to beg and annoy other players about giving me money, but if anyone wants to help I'd appreciate it. But I wont make a big deal out of it if nobody helps.

7. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    I can fund you 5mil if you're online right now

edit: if you're in the discord tag Hinamizawa when you're online

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  8. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    Ciders stack up to 3. The Coke zero pills are a good substitute for ciders if you don't want to deal with constantly stocking up. Did you do all the 1st job training quests? They give you good start to pots. Especially when starting out, you just gotta be frugal with how you use your money. Getting to level 21 is where you can get in a more comfortable position since you can KPQ. Going through KPQ gives you plenty of exp without using a bunch of pots, plus the bonus gives earrings/other equips you can sell. The biggest thing is getting an overall for int 10% which you can sell for at least a couple mil (don't know recent prices but it was around 3 mil).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Natan125

Natan125 Slime

Apr 10, 2021
    Male
    Israel
    Natan1
    Bandit
    Ah sorry, I know what Discord is but I rarely use it, I dont even know how to send a private message there. Just not my style.
    Really appreciate it! Thats really nice of you. Please contact me in game on Natan1, thats my bandit.
    I promise one day I'll pay it back. If I get strong and funded and all that.
    Oh yeah and, I was at the KPQ area and nobody does it there. Its still active? Cause thats the fastest way from 21 to 30.
    Again, I appreciate the help! 5mil is a lot, are you sure you wont become poor if you give me that much?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Nah, I got more than enough from the gach and later on I could just sell leech with my bishop you don't have to pay me back.

Whisper Voxtagrams when you're ready.

I used Duey to send Natan1 the mesos, I sent it at around Friday April 16 3:30ish PM server time.

So you should be getting it around that time tomorrow. (Saturday April 17 3:30ish PM server time.)
    Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 8.46.50 PM.png

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    3:40 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    don't really know how to make mesos at lvl 10, when my warrior was level 10-20 i dont remember meso issues. but mage probably will have mana pot issues due to how heavy magic claws are. not too sure about thiefs tho i can see throwing stars eating a huge loads of mesos.

if you can hit bubblings, may wanna consider training there. they drop mithril ores which can be sold on FM for about 20k each? (better double check with owl, coz i might have priced it too low). do check on the pot usage tho, it might be high, im not too sure. played as a warrior so that option wasn't available for me.

personally, i would suggest leveling up as fast as u can using quests. Once u hit second job, teddies will open u as an option, which makes it a good meso (NPCable equips) and exp grinding spot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post

I'll hit you up ingame
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    4:40 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    It's hard to say selling leech is a nightmare, because there are some few ppl that like it. It's one of the most effective way aswell, but if you don't like, it's definetely not for you.
    I think the best way to farm mesos is the way you LIKE, cuz you can stay many hours without complaining LOL
    I've already sold many hours of leech (and in the wrong way, I'd say), but I had much more fun when I was farming mesos on CDs on my lv80ish DK yesterday.
    Personally, I like to sell leech while I do anything else, like listening to music/chatting on discord/watching a video.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Agreed, nightmareish is maybe the wrong word. I almost exclusively sell leech when I play ML and I like to min max, but telling a new player the way to earn money is by selling leech is like telling a poor person to manage a hedgefund to stop being poor. OP also stated that he needs a couple of mil to get started, and that will come with just playing the game normally.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    This is true, but they asked about how meso is made, rather not really on the side of how do you gain.
    Which is gach or NPCing equips/etc/scrolls that you don't need or in the FM with a merchant.

16. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    Be cost efficient with grinding and just take the time to explore different things. I'd stick with grilled cheese potions(500 mesos for 500 hp/mp!) for a while until your hp/mp pool become pretty big.

There's also good guides on how to quest for money on the forums.

I think I made most of my money killing things in high volume(by 1 hitting) and collecting gach early on. If you want to be conservative I would try out ellinia gachapon to improve chances of getting intelligence scrolls to sell.

Don't worry too much about mesos until later. A good goal would be scrounging enough mesos for a zak helm(8-12m?) by level 50.

Gluck!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    This is very true, however for me I do that on my islander (level 40 or so) one hitting all the monsters there without the need for using potions, Orange Mushrooms drop shoe for jump 10% and Red Snails drop Overall for DEX 10% which for the gach tickets I put them into the cash shop inventory relog and take them out on my other character thats just in the Ellinia potion shop, for the 10% scrolls I boot up another client and level it to 7 quickly trade the scrolls over and hop on the boat trade them to my main and delete and repeat it to 7.

18. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    3:40 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    He asked, how to make mesos for basic gears (subjective), and afew millions of mesos (somewhat objective) would be nice.

Due to Natan saying - would be nice, im gonna assume, if he cannot make afew million of mesos, its ok. But it would be great if he can make afew millions of mesos.
    Therefore, i will be objectifying "afew" to between 1m to 10m.

Easy steps to afew million: Use a cleric or any warrior class. I'm sure bucc or I/L works too but I don't play them so I don't wanna give a confirm.
    Once hitting lvl 50, head down to GS2 or GS5 and just keep grinding on those mobs.
    NPC any worthless equips that they drop and optionally sell Black Crystal Ore on FM.
    As long u manage your funds well (don't go FM, buy scrolls and keep booming items), im sure you'll get at least 10m by level 70.

No leech required.