1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anniversary Patch Notes: May 22, 2020

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Kimmy, May 23, 2020.

1. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    1:53 AM
    DMsRebirth
    I can tell you with certainty that the people who don't take random people on their runs before will still not take random people afterwards, and the people who will take random people afterwards were already taking random people before.

• Agree Agree x 13
  2. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    10:53 PM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    SelquinSelquin Isn't the concentrate "nerf" technically a buff? Before, people used coke to fill in the down time because using bear is a waste making the effective increase 23.25 att. Now most people will need to use ciders every 5 mins so BMs will also use ciders giving them an effective 24 increase att. Also BMs will be using ciders every 6 minutes compared to everyone else using it every 5 min, so you save more att pots compared to others.

Math:
    -Before: 3 min 26 att, 1 min 15 att -> (3*26+1*15)/3 = 23.25 watt/min
    -After: 4 min 26 att, 2 min 20 att -> (4*26+2*20)/6=24 watt/min

3. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    11:53 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Will the right HT arm do proper attack animations prior to attacking it now? No more ghost seduces?

4. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    7:53 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I do play anotehr buccaneer. So you want more damage? I still think some more stance would make bucc better on the right side of HT.

5. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    12:53 AM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    not that I want to, check nise's tables

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Im up for a dmg buff yeah. Altho the tables are quite weird, perhaps I need to do them myself to see if something fails. Perhaps Im strogner than I think but I never had issues outdamaging DKs on single target when they have a perfect sky ski (and I dont have a perf nt knuckle yet). Still yeah more dmg give me give me give me!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    I agree, Nise himself said that he still does not know the mechanics of buccaneers well but that they are looking at ways to improve them, I don't have a perfect team either but I whit out DKs in 1vs1 in NT, and some pre heads in HT.
    Let's hope how they handle this matter

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. joota

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    I think there were some misunderstandings in how buccs work when calculating DPM. I'm sure we can all be helpful in making the appropriate judgements on how to modify buccs.

9. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Funny enought our bowman dc on vergamot run and somehow I was able to outdamage a NL with a perfect sleve and way better equips than me, and that wasa lv 200 (my second bucc was 17x or so).
    Calcualting dmg as bucc is super weird. Barrage where you crit really matters, also ther are mreo combos that do mroe dmg like:
    Barrage>Drain>Drain>Repeat is better than the standard if you are charged, and evem better Barrage>Energy Orb. Thing is Dragon Strike is slower so it takes logner to go back to Barrage. Also I don't know if hero is weaker than DK? I know DK is very close to it but Hero often just performs better (ppl still chose DK over Hero cos of HB tho). Oh well
    Also Dragon Strike cleave makes that combo a bit stronger, hitting 3 targets i have matched my demo damage I think. Also if we get more stance we can staon on the right side and cleave 4 parts doing mreo damage, and if we spam snatch is better than demo.

10. joota

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
  11. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    Don't go overboard with updates plz
    Sin títulopogggg.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    I think we use different combos, drain is best only pvp but lost stance and % hit dragon strike, i usualy pref pvp in ht and using stance + dragon strike next use demolicion for next charge, we should ever organize pure HT bucc

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    No problemo got HT all figured out. But many thanks hehe. If anything, there may not be that much buccaneer out there but those who play them I feel they got such a big love for the class and are a joy to heat and comunicate to hehe.

• Like Like x 1
  14. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Bring it on! Bucc HT.

15. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
  16. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    Sin títulololz.png
    SPOILER HEADS
    Sin títulololz.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Automata

Automata Blue Snail

Sep 11, 2019
    Male
    CH5 FM
    Automata
    Camper, F/P Arch Mage
    Let's put it this way, if you were given a school project that you feel you could easily finish by yourself, you'd probably do it alone. Now what if I forced you to work with 3 other people that aren't as smart as you? They'll most likely affect the final product in a negative way and not only that, their contribution is also going to lower your individual mark. See how by adding those 3 people the overall quality of the product lowers? Sure you might've helped the other 3 get a higher mark at the cost of your own but that isn't your responsibility. That's the same way I see this change.

Plus what's the difference between multiclienting in a boss and multiclienting in general? To me they're the same exact thing. Isn't the end goal of this change to promote more interactions between players? If so then they should get rid of multiclienting as a whole so people can't make armies of buff mules. If you're allowed to multiclient to leech or PQ with yourself then you should be able to multiclient in a boss as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    These are really *huge* changes and it will take a lot of time and play testing to see what the community thinks.
    I just want to say it feels really strange changing hermit for better or worse for some reason and the xbow strafe seems cool. The res fix is great also.

About multi client check at bosses:
    When I first started Maple (a long time ago) you had to do a lot without other players and rely on mules. Of course a lot has changed and we've added two channels now. It's amazing to see all of the new players!! And it's exciting to see so many boss runs fill up and everything. For them, they'll say in the future "when I played it was during the surge", but for me it's a nostalgic Maple Legends experience to haul your mules everywhere. It feels weird losing a dimension of the play style I grew up with by the sudden limit and interest on limiting mule oriented play.
    On another level, some people consider their access to bringing buffs to Scar and other bosses as a trophy and a token of achievement and then booming helms at their leisure was something they earned. For other players, they use their mules to solo and time themselves even at Zak. I would say overall it's a net negative because it removes a play style and it happens to be an old school ML style too.

Duku nerf:
    I never used Duku nerf but during a surge it was nice having a 2 attacker option that mirrored skels and petri. I heard it got nuked so maybe the adjustment went too far I'm not sure. It was a good option and nuking it seems like it reduces options. There could be a middle ground missing I'm not sure.

7F Change:
    I'm sure there's solid logic against when it comes to multi client macro Mage solo duos but the inability to afk buffs there hurts Melee duo grinds too. I think 7F is important to ML by providing a 140-160 melee option and more like it would be good.

Maple Legends overall: really good.

What I'd want to see: As strange as it sounds.. and I'm NOT saying this just for me... but I think we need a Summer Chaos Event!! We had one a while ago and Chaos went down to 20-25m. I forget which Summer it was but that was the best. It would be cool to do the spam chaos scroll / pink and purple cape / 30% scroll type thing and flood the market for a Summer. It would be memorable for the new players but we need like a huge portion of Summer dedicated to getting Chaos Scrolls out there.
    Hidden dungeons of old maps with lv110-130 scaled monsters
    Boss Time Leaderboards that REFRESH every 12 or 24 Hrs maybe give a 'golden apple' type reward that lasts a minute or just a server shout out.

excited to try new changes in the patch too ty kimmy and ML team

edit: and happy anniversaryyyy

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Kanashimi

Kanashimi Brown Teddy

Nov 5, 2017
    Male
    8:53 AM
    Kanashimi
    Night Lord
    Essence
    1. I think disabling multi client in bosses is a great idea, even if it lowers the quality or the speed of the run, more people should and will be added to runs even if they are random people.
    It adds to the general goal of this game which is meeting and interacting with other players, even though I own an HB and SI mule, I really don't mind this change.
    2. The Duku nerf had to be done, I also grinded and leeched my other character there and I got insane amount of exp which you couldn't get anywhere else(cost-effective + high exp).
    3. I haven't been in the last Summer Chaos Event, but from what you wrote, dropping chaos to 20-25m is REALLY bad for the economy, end game should not become easier to get by any means.
    If you want to be a top player, you have to work hard and grind for it, if it dropped to 20m I could buy an insane amount of chaoses and resell them later and gain 400% profit, thats too much(the rich will get richer by a large margin).

• Agree Agree x 1