1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anniversary Patch Notes: May 22, 2020

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Kimmy, May 23, 2020.

1. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    10:12 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Also a fair point, the scenario I had in mind was during long HT caving sessions. In which case you don't really want to spare any potion slots for even 5 ciders, but certainly a good point for other situations.

2. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    12:12 PM
    Xydan
    Poor analogy. HT isn't a school project you're getting a mark on. No one's grading your attempts. Furthermore, HT isn't meant to be a solo effort. The question isn't whether you have the responsibility to help other people, but whether you should have the privilege of replacing actual people for a mule.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    10:12 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  4. Nasuma91

Nasuma91 Orange Mushroom

Jul 31, 2017
    Male
    Amusan
    Hermit
    Babure
    Way to nerf low-mid Nightlords. F in chat

5. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    12:12 AM
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    Yes i agree with you, but that's the exact mentality that does not allow OTHERS from outside your circle to even be part of your circle because your circle is already so close. and thus all the new people and even some OLD players who come back fresh with no friends can't even hope to hop into a Boss Fight because they are not in your CIRCLE. and btw sometimes working with 3 other people that just so happens to be a lot more useful then your regular bunch of friends then won't that be good for you as well? It feels that you are speaking from personal experience here, and yes i do see that sometimes people tend to mess up but this is a game, even if people mess up you gotta at least learn to forgive and teach them and share with them so that they can get better and at the same time contribute to more successes.

6. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    12:12 AM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I think everyone can agree that the boss most affected by this is HT. With that being said, HT is much more complex to organise and coordinate compared to scar/zak. It's not like you can just randomly smega R>X class for HT 30mins before the start of the run like you do with scar/zak. HT runs are either organised through a signup sheet at least half a day before the run, or if you are more established, have your own daily runs at a set timing (e.g server reset). This is due to the fact you need to do a pre-quest everytime you want to attempt the boss, unless you are one of the elite few who choose to stay in cave and only login to run HT.

With that being said, the presence of mules in HT only serves to make the run easier/smoother/faster by a few minutes. Even if the runners went in with their mains only, it's not like they'll have any trouble clearing. If they really get screwed over by bad cancel luck, they can just easily stew or apple since both are dirt cheap now. On paper, removing multiclienting in bossing sounds like a good thing because it can incentivise squads to add randoms or dead classes like buccs. But realistically, no one is going to add a random you know nothing about into such a sophisticated boss. Just take a look at CWKPQ. Have you ever seen those random runs that have like a dozen randoms? Yea, imagine that, but 10 times worse.

With what we know in 2020, DPM is also a crucial metric on whether you get selected for runs or not, apart from your social connections and circle. All the established runners (i.e 6 man or less) have DPM45 on their resume to justify why they are in that run. Even in the 8-12 mans, they are not going to invite randoms and are probably only going to invite from within their friends and guild. Even on of the off chance that you manage to slip into a 12 man, it's almost impossible for you to get into 6 man squads, because this change only forces more exclusivity amongst 6 mans or less as we start to innovate on new ideas on how to speed up the run without inviting anyone extra.

7. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    9:12 AM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    OradiousOradious I thought that all the smaller runs would still be able to clear, but what's clear to me based on discord conversations is that people running small HT runs with mules are freaking out-- I'm not so sure anymore it's just a matter of a removing a few minutes from clear time. Mules add a lot of insurance that you now don't have. And I think overall that's not a bad thing because people have been clearing HT, the 'hardest boss in ML,' left and right.

Also DPM 45 is just a metric the most elite players created to compare peepee sizes. It's informative and necessary to have a certain amount of damage, but not nearly sufficient to clear because HT comes with complexities that go beyond simply attacking, as I'm sure you know better than me.

Lastly, if you think a lot of players are bad, why not invest in the ones you think could be good and teach them? I bet you, much like everyone else, was bad at HT at first.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Idk why this burden is trying to be placed on the experienced runners. There should be some level of progression to HT and I think a lot of people want experienced players to include new players without them experiencing it themselves first. When I first started HTing I was running 12 mans with people I started playing with and as I got stronger and learned more about bossing I got into more one party runs. Why’re we expecting newer runners now to just walk into the endgame 5-6 man runs? They should be starting out as 12 man runs and as they get stronger or learn to be more efficient then they can start reducing the party size if they wish. I think blu is a perfect example of this and somebody I’ve seen do exactly this recently. He went from running 12 mans (with players he knew and not looking to get carried) and then as that group of players got stronger and feeling more comfortable with HT he started reducing party size and now hosts 7ish man runs fairly frequently.

9. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    9:12 AM
    [​IMG]

Literally used over 100 all cures in the time it took to get 12%. None of the other blaring issues with the first map have been resolved. The only way to get to allegedly better maps and the crafting npc is to pay someone or solo for 3 hours if you have enough hp (but remember, hp washing is "oPtIoNaL"). The map layout is garbage so pets never actually pick up items. You're gaurenteed to get hit at least 10 times when trying to skip through dialog because the questline has 30+ page dialog on a map with auto aggro flying enemies that do 3k+, and you can't just skip through it since if you press enter one extra time you have to restart the entire process. If this is your best attempt at improving the map, this is disappointing.