1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Bear Lost

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by MapleBento, Jan 24, 2016.

1. MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    9:09 AM
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    Hiya folks, not many of you know me, as I'm not a very popular member of the community (or at least I'm pretty sure I'm not) but I've been a part of this server for quite a long time now. I joined back on April 2nd, 2015, just one day after server launch. Originally I played with my friends and LatteLatte in a guild we formed called Ramen. It was everything I wanted in a guild but I quit and disbanded it. Around a month later I rejoined and, after some months of surfing in Horizon, I joined Halcyon which is when my true Maple adventure started. I've played a lot of private servers, but none have struck me so deeply to the core as this one. My time here has been irreplaceable; the people I've met, the laughs I've had, the struggles I've overcome with friends, the goals I've reached, none of that can ever be replaced. I'll always remember it. I've watched this server grow from day 2 until now and I've got to say, I'm very impressed. We might not be a strong server, but we don't need to be. The appeal of this server is the rates at which you can play while making bonds with other players. Also the beautiful coding done by our head GM's, props to NaviNavi KimberlyKimberly and GiGi (There are other GM's as well but those are the only one's I know of for coding).

The reason I've decided that my adventure should come to an end is that I've been playing this game for long enough. Nearly almost 10 years! I love the game, not just for the game play, but for the way it brings people together to create a distinct, Maple experience. All the friends I've made on this server are like family to me, which is why I understand the Project mass quitting spree, no matter what some people may claim about it. The only reason I've played this long are the members that are in Halcyon and Demure, although not limited to these guilds, and I wish them all the best. I was there to help them conqueror Horntail and I now know that they can accomplish it without me. So I don't feel as bad leaving ^^ Although it still sucks. By quitting I hope to accomplish various things. I've been studying animation and also perfecting my mastery of the Chinese language. There are also just a lot of personal things I want to do like learning to cook, reading at least 2 books a month, managing my cleaning and laundry weekly, focusing on college, etc. Maple is very addicting and the bonds you form make quitting much harder. I tried quitting 4 years ago and failed, so here I am taking my stand once again.

To the server as a whole, I wish you all luck! I know you can all rise to the top and slay Horntail, dashing towards the ultimate goal of Level 200. You're all very diverse, yet you share a common goal, whether it be in the same form, method, or even ideology as one another. To the GM's, please keep up the hard work. I look forward to being able to see the server develop both in binary language and also in nostalgia. The funny thing about Maplestory nostalgia is that it becomes something much more, which then drives you to find an experience similar to the last felt one. It's a never ending cycle; you come for the nostalgia and stay for the fun. To the players, stay strong! Gach might suck, bombing 30% scrolls is such a pain and man, bombing something good on the last slot with a 70%? What a pain. I've been there and done that alongside all of you but statistically the more you try the better your odds are. So keep going for it. ^^ Just remember, the most important aspect of this game is not the gear, but the people you share the game with. With that in mind, I'll move on to special acknowledgements!

NoodsNoods
    - As the leader of Halcyon, you've dealt with a lot of trash talk. Whether it be from lowering Zakum prices to not wanting to fight a bugged boss, people have found a way to bash you. >< All we wanted to do is play with our friends in peace, am I right? You've created the most friendly guild I have ever been a part of, I love Halcyon to death and it makes me very sad to leave. I still remember you and Cam recruiting me after my post about not knowing what to do, it really meant a lot to me. Clearly! I've been here for many months after and they certainly were the best months. I know balancing work, GM duty, and guild leader duty is hard, but I know you and the rest of the guild can keep the dream going. Hopefully I can return to play among you all once again after I learn the ways of self-discipline but only time will tell. I just want to say thank you for your friendship and the opportunities you opened me up to. I'll always have you in my heart. ^^

SwordArtSwordArt
    - My fellow bear, I was sad to see you leave Legends for that darn Reboot server but oh well. I'm leaving too it seems! Man, Halcyon is running out of bears.. What a shame. You were always a buddy of mine back in Horizon but I only got to know you more through Halcyon. I think you're a great guy and definitely very funny. I'll have to drive over to the other side of Colorado some day to touch your butt. :^) Thank you for taking the initiative and adding me to Halcyon; it was the most impactful day of my MapleLegends career. Also, that 127 att 9 str faltizan we scrolled together is still holding its ground! Damn we're good, you're a scrolling god. I really enjoy having you as a friend, let's keep in touch. ^^

CharlobeetleCharlobeetle
    - Char, you're losing a BF buddy. >< It's okay though, you're a strong BM, you can handle it. You're a very good friend, I'm glad I got to meet you. You're very nice yet still a troll. Take care of our goddess twice as much now that I'll be leaving! Thanks for all the duo BF, pap, and anego leech. Also just for hanging out with me and doing fun things. Don't do Pianus though, it's a trap! I hope you're still here if I decide to come back some day. Hit level 200 for me, you can do it! I'll still see you on skype, so let's talk about Ali's butt and trade pics. ^^

Sam_VoshSam_Vosh
    - Sam, I never really had a lot of time to get to know you since our time zones are so opposite, but I've enjoyed every moment we've been able to spend together. You're very cool and I admire your ability to lead. I'll always remember your voice and how clear it was when you would read off names in the Skype chat for our first Horntail. You're also very dedicated! You farmed so hard for all those stoppers, every time I saw you online you were at voodoos. Thanks for always being level-headed when some of us could be a little obnoxious, you're a great friend and I hope to see you and the guild prosper in the future. ^^

BulbaBulba
    - You lazy afking plant. You're lucky you're my favorite starter, otherwise I'd ridicule you like Clement does. I still can't believe you made it to 121, leech or not. I'll have to join you as an FM 1 Guard now, in spirit at least. You're a funny fellow and I actually know you from Royals and I believe even CMS! Man, it's hard to believe I joined CMS like 2-3 years ago. I was happy to see you on this server and spend time with you and the other guild members. Although it wasn't much time, considering you're as much of a ghost as I'm about to become. Hue ^^

PoppiPoppi
    - I still remember you playing on Woof not long after the server launch, if not AT the server launch. You rocked the BM rankings and now you're still rocking the Sair rankings, rank #1 corsair right here bois. You're a super funny guy, your tendency to bash Project whenever provided with an opportunity was quite amusing. I'm sure it also resulted in a lot of haters towards you but hey, I like you. Hopefully I can catch you on Osu! one of these days, we never seem to be online at the same time, RIP. Let's keep in touch, I'll be monitoring the HT hype messages anyway. ^^

NextNext
    - Yo, it looks like I'll be leaving before I witness you hitting level 200. Thanks for grinding with me all those hours man, you're hardcore. I enjoyed all the chats we had, some were troll and some were serious. Whether they be about Maple or not, I was always interested in what you had to say. Seeing you troll in guild and skype chat was great, you're a super funny guy. I wish you luck on your road to 200, it'll be a long one. I thought I would try and hit 200 before quitting but I don't think it's worth my time investment and I have more important things to prioritize at the moment. Either way, if anybody can do it, it's definitely you so go for it! Then you can move on too. ^^ Keep in touch man! Ciao.

EmpireDKEmpireDK
    - Emp, my fellow Dark Knight. You're currently the #1 active warrior! If Cam doesn't come back you'll be #1 overall soon. Hopefully my spear does you well, since I've decided you're the successor to it. I'm glad I got to teach you all the things about DK before I quit, and it's sad that we won't duo BF's anymore. >< I know you can carry on the Dark Knight legacy, you've got this. You're a great friend and it's been awesome playing with you. I'll definitely talk to you on skype, so don't worry. ^^ Also, don't quit! I know it's sad to see me go but you've got the rest of Halcyon there for you.

zoyazoya
    - ELLIEEEEEE ;-; No more Daellies T_T It was nice while they lasted! I'm sorry I'm quitting on you, I know that you're like me and only play for the friends you have. You'll have to come by and have Chubby's with Jay and I, hue hue hue hue! Even though I'm going, and as a result, Jay is also going technically, you have the rest of our friends to play with. ^^ I'll always be available for skype calls too so feel free to chat me up if you ever get lonely! You've gotta hit 200 for Chi! Also now you've gotta hit 200 for me :^) I believe in you. But don't feel too obligated, I'd rather you enjoy yourself than suffer to 200. ^^ Make sure you keep in touch!

Lyn00Lyn00
    - Lynnie ;-; I'm sorry I didn't teach you how to BF LOL. If I can't do it before I uninstall, I'll make sure that Emp teaches you. I did teach him after all, so it should be the same method :^) I honestly expected you to afk at 120, LOL. I'm glad to see that you're getting to explore Dark Knight more, I love the class a lot. You're a good pal, I'll miss playing with you and sharing in the pain of farming pinakas and booming faltizans ;-; Well, we're going to talk every day, DON'T FORGET! Hopefully I remember too ^^ DK Ftw<3

lemontealemontea
    - My good buddy Jo, you haven't been quite active yourself mate. We can be guild chat ghost buddies now! The grind to 120 and even after 120 with you was real. You were always a funny guy, loved your personality and still do. Maybe we'll both return someday :^) I mean, nobody ever REALLY quits Maple, right? Well, some can hope. The addiction is too stronk man. I'll see you on skype brotha! ^^

ApplePieApplePie
    - Joey! You kept leveling to my level and stopping for the longest time. Now you've gotta reach 149 :^) Shame I didn't hit 150. Ah well. I like your nx styles, plus you can fart all over the place. That's arousing Kappa. I liked talking with you whenever you were online, you haven't been too active recently either. ;-; Hopefully we can keep talking on skype, it's been fun. ^^

KurayamiLoveKurayamiLove
    - You are a ppl2passing and scrolling god. I wish you taught me the ways ;-; I still remember being level 101 and you giving me a BF toe. Still using that dep star, hue hue. Thanks for showing me that Bucc isn't as weak as I thought. You're insanely strong >< Stronger than me probably! I remember watching you boost to 120 on rankings, I was always rooting for you to be #1 pirate. Here we are and you're still the top pirate by a long shot. Congrats! Hopefully you can continue to rock that rank for awhile. It's been nice being your guildie, thanks for not objecting to the idea of me joining Halcyon. I wouldn't have met you and all the other awesome people if you had. ^^

BaboBabo
    - I SEE YOU. But you won't be seeing me too long from now ;-; Tommy boi, #FoxSquad, #WolfSquad, #Halcybaskyfalmure, HYPE. I'm sorry I'm leaving so suddenly.. I didn't really give anyone a warning. Three hours from me writing this section of my farewell will be our last HT run together. We got dis. Competing for BFs with you, killing BFs with you, leeching BFs with you, doing Paps with you, Pianus with you, FM trolling with you, it's all been more fun that I could've ever imagined! If I wasn't a member of Halcyon, I'd definitely be a member of Demure. I hope we can keep in touch on skype or something. I'll probably still be part of the HT chat for the lulz. Become #1 NL for me, kk thx :^) Nah, do what you want. Make sure you kill all those BFs though, I won't forgive you if you don't! Send me some Bento as well, I've been missing my daily bento boxes. Good luck man, let's keep in touch. ^^

JoyJoy
    - GET WHITED. I can't believe I didn't meet you until the snowman event when I dished out some sick burns, and also whites. :^| You're hilarious, I can't believe you passed Lung Damage 30 on the first try! Kreygasm Too bad I haven't had the change to experience that 60 second, orgasm inducing skill at zak ;-; Keep it up as #1 shad, please carry Halcybaskyfalmure to the top of the HT charts as the amaz sed mule you are LOL. I believe. ^^ Add me on skype or something so we can keep in touch with each other!

Number32Number32
    - Dylan, my main man. You're a chill bro, I like your style and respect your love for proper football, not that American scam. I hope your Hero makes it to the top man, Marshmallow must live on! #WolfSquad #FoxSquad will prevail. Good luck man, hopefully you make it past 150 unlike me xD I'm sure you can. If you want, keep in touch man, you're a funny man and I like talkin to ya.

iCheccoiChecco
    - Checco, hue hue hue. I think you're the only one who uses the Hero guide I made LOL. I didn't really meet you until recently but you're my good buddy and it's sad to leave ;-; Get minion to the top of charts, get dat 18.8k base HP, I believe in you. Thanks for leeching my BFs, you're awesome ^^ Super funny LOL, we had good times together even if it wasn't very long. Thanks for being my friend ^^ Keep in touch, hue hue hue.

LatteLatte
    - Gabe, my dude. We had some awesome times together. RIP, you've gone MIA. ;-; Ah well, my time has come as well so I feel you man. It was awesome forming Ramen with you, grinding alongside you in Horizon, and seeing you in Halcyon even if it was just for a brief period of time. We're bros man, we go back. #RamenNeverForget. The dream. I hope you've been doing well, let's check in with each other every so often to catch up!

To anybody I missed, because I know I missed a lot, you're all super important to me! I know some brief shout outs I can give include: Ryan, Aero, JJ, PureAsian, Dyna, Nathan, CoffeeBean, and much much more. You all rocked my gaming experience to the core, I just don't know your forum names and it's also 2:30 am when I'm writing this LOL.

Once more I just want to reiterate that this server is amazing. You've all delivered such a memorable experience to my heart and it's really impacted me. Maplestory is just a game but the relationships you make aren't, they're very real and make quitting an emotional struggle. My time has come though. I've done enough to satisfy myself and I'm ready to start moving on in life. Hopefully you all play till your heart is content and follow your own dreams. ^^
    It's been a blast, Legends.

Ciao,

-Grizzly / Daemon
    Level 149 Dark Knight
    Halcyon

• Like Like x 34
  2. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    4:09 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    You'll be missed. Once again.. another OG player leaves. Remember seeing you back in the day grinding ya lil scrub <3 pce man

• Like Like x 1
  3. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    5:09 PM
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    Cya Bento ;w;

• Like Like x 1
  4. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    OH HELLL NAWW
    Didn't see this one coming. Good luck at all those things you're trying to accomplish, we'll miss you man!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Murano

Murano Mushmom

Jul 31, 2015
    Male
    11:09 AM
    Murano
    Night Lord
    Demure
    Don't know you much, but you seem pretty nice, sucks we're losing great people :eek: wish you luck in everything

• Like Like x 1
  6. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Goodbye :/

I think what you wrote is how 99% of the players in this server feel. Go beat that real life game, and maybe see you again one day :D.

• Like Like x 2
  7. xRoti

xRoti Slime

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    11:09 PM
    iHeaI
    Bishop
    Basic
    Even though I can understand your reason for leaving but why does it feel so sad? MapleF4 I don't wanna say goodbye ]:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Meepy

Meepy Mixed Golem

May 26, 2015
    Female
    Singapore
    Svets
    Bishop
    Halycon
    Rip grizzly :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lyn00

Lyn00 Capt. Latanica

Sep 4, 2015
    Female
    Taiwan,Taipei
    Natto
    Corsair
    Halcyon
    NAW BRUH, I DIED 10 TIMES AT BF, WITHOUT KILLING IT, U AIN'T LEAVINT ME

• Like Like x 2
  10. Lyn00

Lyn00 Capt. Latanica

Sep 4, 2015
    Female
    Taiwan,Taipei
    Natto
    Corsair
    Halcyon
    Janny why u do dis T-T

• Like Like x 1
  11. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    Rip Daemon :(
    Wish u luck with everything <3 hue hue hue :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Joy

Joy Capt. Latanica

Jun 17, 2015
    Female
    Toronto
    Deku
    Shadower
    Demure
    Like Dylan, I too did not see this coming. Thought we would be having more HT adventures together where I show you how to white the beast. Welp. This sucks. I will keeping killing in your honour and spread LungCancer30 across the maple world. Thank you for the helps and the laughs, and yes please keep in contact. Take care Dae ~

• Like Like x 2
  13. zoya

zoya Blue Snail

Oct 20, 2015
    Female
    zoya
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    I'm so heartbroken you're leeeeaving, what do I have to look forward to now?! But really, I'm happy you've found the clarity you needed. You and SignSign were a big part of why I fell in love with Halcyon and I will never forget that. Thanks for welcoming me in when I didn't know anyone, and thanks for all the history lessons! I'm looking forward to tagging along on your Chubbys runs :p

Our daellies will still continue in my heart :cry: :cry:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    Noooo Grizzly ;-;
    I met you rather late, but I thought to myself "This guy is so nice and friendly, how come I didn't meet him until now!?"
    Thank you for the BF help, I really appreciate it.
    Good luck in life! ~

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Well damon, there's never a more appropriate time to say this...

TL;DR
    Welcome to the FM1 Guards! Who cares if you're not playing the game, you're still here with us :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dulce

Dulce Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Dulce
    Hermit
    Staff
    omg noooooo, we are friends for 1 day and now you quit, who's gonna teach me how 2 DK :cry:.

You seemed really nice, take care man ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. napkin

napkin Slime

May 27, 2015
    Male
    Warrior
    Cya Daemon

• Like Like x 1
  18. Noods

Noods Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Noodles
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    Damon, thanks for this wonderful post. I have too many feels about you quitting, I think I've already said it on Skype. I just want to thank you again for being such an integral part of the group/guild, always keeping things fun, being involved, teaching the scrub DKs the way of the Dark Knight (jk) and just being a good friend to everyone. Your attitude and spirit epitomizes what I wanted the guild to be about. You had so much experience and taught me lots; our first HT run was a success thanks in huge part to you and your advice. I wish so much that you wouldn't have to go in order to have self-discipline but I understand. Thanks for loving us, and thanks for being you. You'll always be on Skype still so this isn't exactly goodbye, at least! MapleF2

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    10:09 AM
    Paladin
    no mention, i see how it is. i remember the ramen guild and that one jr ruining it lmao

see ya

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    9:09 AM
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    Thanks for all the support and great wishes. ^^ Sorry to the people I left out ;-; Rip. This will also probably be my final forum post (we'll see) because it's my 69th post :^)

• Like Like x 1