1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Appreciation Thread For LUK Mages

Discussion in 'Community' started by OdinSteinGuy, Aug 31, 2020.

Tags:

Which luk mage are you?

1. I/L

47.1%
  2. F/P

20.6%
  3. Bish

41.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. OdinSteinGuy

OdinSteinGuy Pink Teddy

Apr 16, 2020
    Male
    5:05 AM
    OdinSteinGuy
    I/L Mage
    Hogwarts
    I would like to prupose a toast to my fella bretheren luk mages

In that note, i offer to every other luk mage - when you see a little frail luk mage such like you were many moons ago, offer them help, maybe give them old equips that don't sell at FM. Be extra nice to your Kohais.

In that note - why a luk mage?

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Reisu

Reisu Horny Mushroom

Jun 11, 2020
    11:05 AM
    Bishop
    When I first started playing this server, I just played it for nostalgia and for fun. Like any other classes, I'd expect to just find higher level equips and wear them just so I'd function and look like a mage. It turns out though the magic formula in the old Maplestory wasn't really well thought out and what I found on this server were a lot of stigma against "luk mage" (what I call the default build really) and too many bathrobe wearing people holding a giant green paintbrush, etc, as opposed to Starlight/Moonlight robed mages, so it was weird to me. I'll still get snarky remarks on the Discord with ">luk mage >remake your character" or other awful copypastas meant to deter luk mages but you'd be surprised to see there are actually a bunch of enthusiasts I met who are having fun with going by the default build in spite of losing overall damage, etc. That's not everyone but I guess that's to be expected that not everyone will approve of this, even going as far as calling it a "meme build".

I've asked some as well, and one priest said "because there's no point in going lukless" while using a 101ish (?) tma Evil Wings, and others who genuinely didn't know it was suboptimal because the game implies you should put in luk, and some who just go around hunting stronger wands and staves because there's a sense of adventure and progression that way, and others who play for fun like me. Although it would be nice for some balancing to be done regarding this, I like the sense of progression and finding new equips for myself. I'm having a lot of fun on my base 40 luk IL Mage and base 23 luk Priest, and I'm wearing an elemental staff 3 at the moment on my IL mage, which requires 105 luk, and Sun Quan Staff on my Cleric which actually has been scrolled to be powerful than a base Elemental Wand 1-4, both wearing Moonlight robes and my IL wearing level 90 shoes and gloves. Currently hunting level 100 equips, and maybe one day I'll find them. Also giving out tons of mage equips to new players if I have any spares.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    10:05 PM
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
  4. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    7:05 PM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    luck mages are dank af, I just wish people would stop flaming me while im rocking my green jester in LPQ

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    11:05 PM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    I remember when I met this bossing LUK F/P archmage attacker in the horntail cave. It was truly inspiring, feel free to message him for LUK mage advise he's the nicest player in the server

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Reisu

Reisu Horny Mushroom

Jun 11, 2020
    11:05 AM
    Bishop
    Hm weird. He's the guy on Discord who is usually demeaning on LUK mages... I like how he looks though ^^

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    10:05 AM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I remember when I met this bossing LUK Bishop attacker in the horntail cave. It was truly inspiring, knowing that he has a whopping 1700 tma, which inspired me to make a LUK F/P archmage attacker for horntail. Feel free to message him for LUK Bishop advice he's a pretty nice and chill guy

lukmage.png

• Funny Funny x 6
  8. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    7:05 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Shoutout to everybody playing LUK mage in 2021!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    5:05 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    The GEAR man !!! :cigar::cigar::cigar:

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/ice-lightning-mage-guide.12054/
    in this very nice I/L guide it states "Unless you have more than 50 base LUK, of course, by then which you’re having fun by default."
    so yeah :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

p.s i used to have 100 luk but since i got some nice gear i used resets and now i have 80 base luk 150 total, by lvl 163 i should have enough for the elemental 7 staff:love::love::love:

p.p.s timeless gear is a scam.:brownpoop::brownpoop::brownpoop:

• Like Like x 2