1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ballance changes to Shaolin Temple

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by philip, Jun 22, 2021.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    12:15 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Requiring arch mages to cast seal prior to ulting might not be a bad idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    9:15 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I'm so ready
    upload_2021-6-23_18-7-46.png

3. OP
    OP
    philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    I was told that the main reason why you can't use blizzard is because high-end I/L mages started to control multiple maps (probably shivering they nerf everything he does), so they changed the monks to being immune to freezing effects. I don't see how this smooth gameplay, if you want mages to use more pots make monks do more dmg

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I'll be honest with you, a lot of people were equally salty about this change, but it's been 6 months. It's the new normal now, so just accept it. Its intended purpose was achieved, and it's in a more balanced spot now.

5-6F already got a "buff" this balance patch because the other leeching/farming methods were nerfed from the sweeper changes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    Its not about changing 5-6F to what it was before, it is about making the place a more enjoyable place, with QoL changes and bug fixes. its slight adjustments and suggestions they can take into consideration. fx. would you not like to have the door bug fixed from priest that has been going on for more than 2 years?

I mean those nerfs hit 5-6F as well you could sweep there as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    3:15 PM
    iPippy
    Removal of monk freeze pretty much means that blizzard freeze mechanic is nigh-useless pretty much out of the gate as anything else is either one-shot, unfreezable, or a boss. Or something like NTPQ where Freezing is a detriment rather than a benefit. I'm not sure I've meaningfully frozen something since 12x-13x, and ironically get more mileage out of seal. The removal of freeze in shaolin is still somewhat of a necessary evil, though I think shaolin is still overcentralizing and removes the chance of most other grinding maps from being viable immediately into 4th job.

I didnt make an i/l because blizzard is good (it's a weaker meteor on an objectively worse element), but rather because chain lightning is vastly superior to paralyze in usage.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Agreed. Chain lightning is one of the best skills in the game.

I do find it interesting that staff has been historically unwilling to nerf/buff exp of mobs and are in favor of tweaking skills / spawn instead. I probably would have taken an exp nerf in favor of freeze, and more ToT exp buffs.

• Agree Agree x 3