1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bandit worth it

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by sleepy007, Jul 18, 2018.

1. sleepy007

sleepy007 Blue Snail

Jul 9, 2018
    3:51 AM
    Thief
    So I recently discovered ML and have had some fun training up my new bandit, now lvl 46. Nostalgia obviously is a big factor and I never got as far as having savage blow in old maple, so this is further than I ever got before. But I've been noticing a significant lack of other players round my level, is that because most players are more advanced than I?
    And secondly is a bandit a worth while class to pursue? I read all this jazz about HP washing and I'm just wondering if maybe there would be an easier class for what is a relative beginner?

2. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    12:51 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Hiya Sleepy! My first character on MapleLegends was a bandit as well! Savage blow really is amazing hehe

There are quite a number of players around the 46-70 level range, there's a lot of people PQing, so try LPQ, and if you get high enough level, LMPQ. If not the Mysterious Path 3, Ghost Ship 1-5 are usually where people go ^^ Even after that range, there's also a ton of 4th job players.

As for HP washing, with Meso Guard + the HP rings that this server has (Monster Book Ring + Ellin Ring + Event rings), Shadowers would probably have to worry about washing the very least I believe... You need 5.6k clean so that with HB you can do Horntail. For shadowers, that HP is way less cus of meso guard.

If you do want to wash, as in get int gears and up your HP, warriors are also a good class since their MP cost for washing is low (only -4 MP). But I think if you plan well with your current character, it shouldn't be at a point where you have to re-create!

Just don't make my mistake and overpump dex or str xD I had like 130+ dex and 60 base str... try to keep those as low as possible :p and make up for missing stats with scrolled gear and foccus on luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    sleepy007

sleepy007 Blue Snail

Jul 9, 2018
    Thief
    Wow, thanks for the reply.
    I see, so I'm really only getting into it now!
    I understand those are party quests but what does that stand for Lpq and LMpq?
    And is it easy to find people to party with, like can I just wait in ch1 or what? I hardly ever seem to run into anyone else lol.

I don't know what rings your talking about either, I'll have to look it up.
    As far as hp washes go I think I roughly understand the concept but executing it seems like a real pain in the behind. I guess at what point should I start or can I just wing it for a while longer, it just seems like a hassle for what is only a few bosses, but then I don't really know.

4. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    11:51 AM
    LPQ and LMPQ are Party Quests (What the PQ part stands for).
    LPQ - Ludibrium PQ, and LMPQ - Ludibrium Maze PQ.
    LPQ is from 45-50, while LMPQ I believe is from 55-70?

Perhaps its where you are exploring, but usually LPQ entrance is decently packed with people looking for PQ.

The Rings he's talking about is an equip than you can obtain thru:
    1. A Quest in Ellin Forest (Ellin Ring)
    2. Collecting Monster Books (Monster Book Ring)
    3. Completing a quest in an event (Rose Ring, however no longer available).

The concept of HP washing isn't as important for bandits as Meso Guard plays a huge part in later levels, a long with your high avoidability kit. I personally think HP washing is not needed for bandits, but it's always nice to have a few more HP.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    9:51 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Whether or not the class is worth it depends on what you want out of your character.

Shadower is a class that heavily trades damage for mobility and utility. I suspect most Shads on the server play the class because we find the class fun to play. However, if you're looking for your character to do lots of damage, that's something extremely difficult to achieve with Shads. For us to do equivalent damage to other attacker classes, our gear needs to be magnitudes better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    sleepy007

sleepy007 Blue Snail

Jul 9, 2018
    Thief
    I am enjoying it though I don't know if I'll stick it out till 4th job stuff lol, seems well out of reach from here. So I think I'll keep it up, I do enjoy the speedy-jump-around style of play. I guess I just haven't had anyone to really compare to. How does one go about joining a guild or something?

7. Konnui

Konnui Timer

Jun 9, 2017
    11:51 AM
    Konnui
    Shadower
    Agape
    I chose bandits for that aspect, "speedy-jump-around style of play". Bandits will not be the strongest in terms of damage, but make up for it in other skills. If you enjoy playing it then there's no reason to change your class since shadowers are versatile, including bossing and grinding.

Most guilds will accept you, just ask a Jr. Master or ask a guild member to direct you to a Jr. and ask them to join.