1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

High Brawler - Optimal HP wash method not possible for Pirates.

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Igni, Oct 5, 2017.

1. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    4:28 PM
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    Did you factor in the vision bug I mentioned earlier. Or you didn't do Stale AP and used level AP to wash your corsair? Just want to clarify. I'm a corsair myself and I haven't completed washing on him. I might do a test the difference between stale and level washing if we are unable to come to a conclusion.

2. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    2:28 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I'll try it out and SS when I get a chance to.

3. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Horny Mushroom

Mar 29, 2017
    Male
    4:28 AM
    Thanks for tagging me Kim! I, like you OP, have played both servers. I also have reported this bug and have seen this happen to another member. The two servers differ from the washing methods and I am not sure which server the the "original". In this server, you cannot reset mp to hp directly. The only way to wash is to use fresh level up points, unfortunetly. That means that by using level up AP, you will only be getting 36~40 HP per point. I've brought this up and have done a bit of research as to what was the original washing method(s), but I found no conclusive evidence that mp to hp washing was possible back in gms days. There is evidence that level up AP is a possible way to wash.

In conclusion: This server does NOT support mp to hp washing (which is ideal for some classes). Currently, the only way to wash is by using fresh AP points. May or may not be a bug, who knows.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    6:28 PM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Should be a range between 50-55 for AP reset method for warriors instead of Fresh AP of 50-54.

If possible can you get someone to confirm this, if it's actually only 50 static then it's not working as intended either.

5. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Actually you can do the MP to HP washing method, but only after spending 1 fresh AP into HP first. If it's not possible then I wouldn't be able to provide the screenshots in the original post.

6. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Yeah that would be helpful actually. Please test this.

7. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    10:28 AM
    Nier/EviHs
    he said it doesnt support the methode not that it doesnt work

8. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Horny Mushroom

Mar 29, 2017
    Male
    I am aware of this and how to wash, in fact I have written a now false HP washing guide for buccaneers on this server and have written a washing guide for buccaneers on the other server too. Even if you put 1 in HP, you cannot wash from mp to hp.

9. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Sorry my intent wasn't to tell you how to perform it, just that I was able to do the MP > HP method on my Brawler (now Marauder) in MapleLegends, which made me very confused on why you're not able to do the same. :/

This is why I made the thread to inform everyone that the MP>HP method isn't working as intended for Pirates.

Hopefully the staff can get to the bottom of this.

10. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Horny Mushroom

Mar 29, 2017
    Male
    Oh no worries: I have created a few threads for myself about differences between the HP gains and washing of the two servers:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/hp-mp-gains-for-3rd-and-4th-job-discrepancy.11548/
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/the-complete-guide-to-washing-a-buccaneer.11584/

I argued the exact same thoughts as you as to why can't this server have the same alternate washing method as the other server. I think the bottom line was that we aren't 100% which of the washing methods was the original and which HP/MP gain (from job advancements) was the original one. Since legends prides itself in giving a very nostalgic feel to the old maplers who want the maple experience, it may never be changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Actually I should point out, that sometime during MapleRoyals (I guess the source code update), Royals had unintentionally buffed fresh AP HP Washing. I was able to confirm that Warriors, Pirates, and Archers gained the same amount of HP as if they were leveling up when applying fresh AP into HP. Eg Warrior gained a whopping 64-68 HP per AP. As I was only just coming back to that game, I wasn't sure if those huge changes were intentional, part of the new source, or a change for HP washing under the hood etc... but after a while they had reverted it back to normal so I believe it was a bug in Royals.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    We are sort of at an issue here. We cant resolve what is the correct values unless we can find proof from GMS.
    KimberlyKimberly, are AP points added client-side, and if so, do you think we can we find proof in old gms game files?

13. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Okay I got some updated information.

I asked my brother how the AP reset washing worked for his lvl 200 Drk in GMS back in 2009. He said that he only received a static 20 HP every time time he reseted back then! That's obviously a bug in GMS too since his 'Improving Max HP Increase' skill should offer 30 extra HP. (The reason why he did the AP reset method is because he's already lvl 200 without anymore fresh AP). What this means is that jlimlim is correct when he says that Warriors should be getting a static 50 HP using the AP reset method.

Therefore the information I provided earlier is incorrect for this server and what this means is that MapleRoyals has changed their HP increase values for all of their classes using the AP Reset method. This also means that this server is more likely using the same values as old school GMS and that MapleRoyals has their's changed. I incorrectly assumed that MapleRoyals copied old school MS correctly and that this server has bugs/incorrect values.

But I'm still not certain about Pirates, my best guess is that the correct HP might have been 16-20 for Pirates using the AP reset way instead of the static 20 as it is in MapleRoyals currently. This also means that my Brawler back then did miss out on 20 HP because receiving only 18 still seems wrong (Max HP Increase is maxed). We need some Pirates that are able to use the AP reset method to confirm this.

Lastly, I'm still not 100% certain about everything stated in this updated post so I'd need staff to extract data to be 100% positive. This is all theory from all the information I've gathered so far, and I want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread because I wouldn't have come to this conclusion without your help.

I will be updating the OP to what I think should happen now with all the new info around. Any new data/information is welcome though.

14. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    question how is he able to remember something like this after 8 years ?

15. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Good question, there should be a disclaimer that he may not be 100% positive on his memory.

He says that he remembers that specifically because it's the only time he did that method in old GMS.

Which is kinda ironic as he is doing the AP reset method in Royals because it gives slightly more HP in that server atm. Doesn't seem to be the case in Legends according to other posts in this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Horny Mushroom

Mar 29, 2017
    Male
    The excessive HP gain on royals has been patched and fixed (after I mentioned it to them). On this server, I think you can technically wash mp to hp, but you get the minimum amount of HP possible instead of a range. Even if it's for pirates, it should be 36 and not 16 or 18 which may mean that is a bug. The mp to hp is highly inefficient and I think the only reason anyone would do this is if they are looking for extremely high HP that even ever 5 level up AP for a ton of levels can't get you to that goal.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    What you wash from doesn't matter, it's how you get the AP (level up or AP reset).

18. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Horny Mushroom

Mar 29, 2017
    Male
    Yeah, that's much I understand. If fresh AP, should be 36~40 HP. If mp to hp, should be just 36 HP. But mp to hp should be 36 and I hear buccs getting only 18 HP.

19. Calamity

Calamity King Slime

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    DragonAce86
    Dragon Knight
    Ohana
    The AP system is different here, compared to GMS or in MapleRoyals. It is a different server after all.

HP washing here is also thus different compared to what you will be used to. As a spearman going through active and frequent AP Resets, using simply an AP Reset to shift MP to HP gives me static 20, compared to the minimum 50 HP when using fresh AP.

If for some reason warriors are unique, then ignore this. However if it's glitched (which I doubt due to the attention that ML'ers give to HP washing), then it's a different ball game altogether.

I would give a screenshot but of all times the server is down so there's that for now

20. Calamity

Calamity King Slime

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    DragonAce86
    Dragon Knight
    Ohana
    There are however guides online which state that HP washing using AP Resets give more HP, something like 50-55HP increase when using an AP Reset while fresh AP gives 50-54HP (Again, Spearman). Therefore I'm not sure what to refer to at this point.