1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff the inferior warrior weapon types

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by alchemy, Dec 8, 2017.

1. alchemy

alchemy Slime

Oct 13, 2017
    Male
    2:08 AM
    Mainly thinking of the axes and blunt weapons.

For the most part, these weapons are just NPC fodder and scrolls are junk. Axes are simply inferior to swords for Heros, and it seems most Paladin use Red Katana (I sometimes see 2h blunt weapons but maybe this is just for show?)

Anyways, it seems a simple fix for this would just be increasing the base WA of all blunt weapons and axes by x% until they can compete with swords. Might need to be a bit more nuanced than that to get it right, but I feel that would be a good starting point to making it less obvious that swords are the way to go.

This would create more diverse build options, open up the market for these weapons and scrolls and probably take some of the demand down for swords and sword scrolls.

Thoughts?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    2:08 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    i know people who use axes/blunts pre 4th job.

cheap 30% scrolls to rotate and make good training weapons. thats about it.

also, Crushed skull is end game 1H blunt weapon for pallys

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    5:08 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Nah pallies dont usually use red katanas. Too difficult to attain high attack + absolutely horrendous vertical/horizontal range, so we go for Crushed Skulls if we really want to 1H.

And I think the biggest issue with axes and BW is the fact that they are always slower in speed compared to swords- I mean I can stomach a -5 watk disadvantage but the slow speeds really makes it unbearable.

So if they really want to buff these things (not agreeing that they should...yet), attack speed is the way to go.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:08 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    1h BW (crushed skull) or Stonetooth/Claymore are the to-go weapons as a Pally. For heroes it'll be any sword (rk or ST usually).

It's sad that there are weapon types that are completely ignored like the 2h bw or axes, but if we want to make them viable we gotta change a whole bunch of things. BW & axes have high damage variance (sword is *4.4 while BW is *3.4 for stab and *4.6 for swing - or something like this).

So ud have to boost up the attack speed, maybe adjust wa, and change weapon damage multipliers for it to become viable. Even then it's prbly would be hard to compete with the ST or well scrolled Rk. Not to mention it would take away from the v62 nostalgia/authenticity of maple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ttcorona

ttcorona Pink Teddy

Jun 5, 2017
    Male
    9:08 PM
    nzcorona
    Hero
    Deathsoul
    The advantage of the other weapons is that they are cheap, I leveled my hero to 120 using 2h axes because I was able to have a purple/gold scrolled weapon all the time which was nice when leveling. I made sure to add some sword mastery and booster so I could switch to sword later on

• Like Like x 3
  6. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    11:08 AM
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    Axe Hero's might the ones at disadvantage here since there's not a real decent end-game axe other than the colonian axe (lvl90) but the weapon speed is still at normal speed. Pallys got the crushed skull, 1handed hammer, pretty much the weapon with the most weapon attack of all the warrior weapons (up to 120w.a clean last time I saw one). And has acc up to +20. The only downsides I can recall from that weapon is it's weapon speed(normal), attack range cuz 1h and blast skill range and dmg formula compared to 2h when buffing with apples or something.
    So a speed buff alone would be nice. Anything else would just make the difference between sword/axe/hammer go away.
    So in terms of diversity, Paladins are I guess?

7. Artorius

Artorius Blue Snail

May 27, 2016
    5:08 AM
    Pirate
    Heroes can't use axes because Brandish is 1:1 (slash:stab) and will never be able to match a sword's damage. Axe and BW are 110:80 in dmg for slash:stab in comparison to sword's 100:100.

8. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    11:08 AM
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    I'm sure that is was 120:80 dmg ratio for Axes/BW/Spears/PA though spears its reversed, resulting in buster being amazing for spears.

9. Artorius

Artorius Blue Snail

May 27, 2016
    5:08 AM
    Pirate
    I was told otherwise; I had always thought 120:80 as well, but someone last year informed me it was 110:80. I've yet to find conclusive evidence though. Moreover, even if it's 120:80, it's really not worth it. AS aside, the 80% of a min/low-end roll is gross.

• Like Like x 1