1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buffs for the community!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ju, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ju

Ju King Slime

Dec 23, 2017
    5:26 PM
    Warrior
    I don't even know why my previous post got removed but obviously someone had better send me a justification for this.

Long story short, have a look at this and go ahead and flame me

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Adeline

Adeline Mano

Mar 23, 2018
    Female
    Adelin3
    Cleric
    N/A
    Personally feel that toxic need to be remove, else there will be no more human tough
    around.We are all aware to help each others to avoid getting our self hurt.
    Yet the judgement goes wrong on both site.
    Take a if, trying to help people out is an immaturity, is time to grow up to protect our self better.
    Thanks for sharing this Ju, appreciate it.

3. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    5:26 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Ju,

We have Report Abuse private for good reasons, and one of the reasons is that we don't want witch hunting (innocent users getting called out before proven guilty). Once proven guilty, we will take appropriate action according to the Terms of Service. As such, I'm removing your attachments since they contain contents from the private post. This is also the reason why your last post was removed (by someone else, not myself).

Your case was dismissed for poor evidence and both sides being accountable for harassment after an investigation.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  4. OP
    OP
    Ju

Ju King Slime

Dec 23, 2017
    Warrior
    Hm. Not really looking for users to be banned or anything. Truth be told, I respect the stand of the Staff in ML. I do not ask for my case to be reopened.
    Instead, I wish for users to be more prudent in assisting others. If I had any wrong doing on my part, users in the community may judge.

[Edit] I don't see anything wrong with posting whatever that has been issued to me. It is after all an official statement/ sentence from the ML staff. If there's any transparency at all in ML, I would like to tell users to be more cautious when helping other users.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  5. Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    It is 100% WRONG when you simply upload a harassment case that was handled months ago. The person you reported has since stopped, why are you even bringing this up again? All reports are private and confidential, and we handled it promptly and objectively. For the last time, please do not witch-hunt and do not dig up something that was resolved months ago. I don't understand your point.

6. OP
    OP
    Ju

Ju King Slime

Dec 23, 2017
    Warrior
    Would like to correct it actually. I'm uploading a case that is closed!

Like I said, I'm warning users to be more cautious in helping others that's all. I'm not asking for this case to be re-opened!

Again, I take the statements of our ML staff very seriously. I do take whatever that was handled to me quite seriously and my intention again is really to warn users in the ML community.

7. OhDoggo

OhDoggo Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    9:26 PM
    Bowmaster
    Your first post was deleted because you were being passive aggressive and i quote, 'because I take this as a stand against helping other people in the community.' where you quite literally say we're against helping people in the community and users should take caution in 'helping others'. I gave you a justification in your previous thread also, i don't know what more it is you could possibly need.

The information you posted involves both you and the people you reported, to which some degree can be seen as witch hunting as you're showing IGN's of everyone involved.

8. OP
    OP
    Ju

Ju King Slime

Dec 23, 2017
    Warrior
    ah, alright then if i censor all the names of those involved then it'd be okay then?

In any case I see this post as a service to the community; it is a warning after all. Again, I do not wish for this case to be re-opened but simply as a lesson for people in the ML community to learn from.

If you would allow me to upload a censored version I'd be more than happy to do so.

9. Precel

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Could you expand on what this warning is? I reckon you can warn the public without posting a screenshot of private post. What purpose is the screenshot serving?

10. OP
    OP
    Ju

Ju King Slime

Dec 23, 2017
    Warrior
    I suppose these are fine. No one's IGNs are in here except for mine's and someone who is randomly afk-ing.
    If you are really that concerned with witch hunt, I'd censor em definitely. If you don't mind then I'd upload the case response with IGNs censored of course.

On a side-note, this is what you get when you decide to help someone with buffs. Be careful when helping new users with whatever they want to do! They can be toxic and go away scot-free.

Case is closed and ML staff say is final with all due respect.

Attached Files:

11. OP
    OP
    Ju

Ju King Slime

Dec 23, 2017
    Warrior
    The purpose of this screenshot is really to take caution in assisting new users. Of course the point of the private post is to show how something like this is dealt. Even if it is private, I do believe that this is the statement that the staff made and I have no intention of making up things like these. With all due respect, I'd like to post the statement by ML staff with appropriate censoring.

12. Precel

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I'm ok with the censored in-game screenshots (another staff can still disagree and take them down).

As for private post, I think it was clearly stated that the case is being closed after an investigation because both parties were found at fault and that both parties are warned. If you don't think that was a reasonable action, please make another post on Report Abuse with your reasoning/explanation/evidences on why it was unreasonable. I don't think anyone is questioning your credibility when we are already confirming that you indeed reported and also explaining how it was processed.

13. Precel

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I should mention in general, we appreciate all users who help out newbies (and others in general) with whatever they can. Guides/buffs/mesos/items, they don't come from anywhere and it's truly amazing when someone offers them for free.

Some people may be ungrateful and entitled, which I find very unfortunate. If you ever come across people like this, please ignore them. Take the high road.

If someone is disrespectful to the point where you find it harassing, please report with unedited screenshots (including all chats, UI, etc.) and detailed explanation, and we will look into it closely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Ju

Ju King Slime

Dec 23, 2017
    Warrior
    Truth be told, regardless of whether or not I feel that the sentence was unreasonable does not make a difference. If this is meted out then it is taken that ML staff has given its say on this and with all due respect re-opening this case does not make a difference.

What really matters here to me is: To warn other users in the community of what I feel is toxic behavior and that players in ML should take caution in handling them. And of course, if I make an opinion I have to back it up with what the staff thinks because I did go through the channel intended and I'm pretty sure other people would like to know what has been discussed.

[Edit] May I post the case with appropriate censoring then?

15. Precel

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I can vouch for contents of the post and your claims instead. I've already stated that you indeed posted report abuse and that the case is closed as you claim, and seems like you agree with me too. So again, I don't see the reason to post screenshots.

I cannot permit posting the screenshots of private post because I do not want to set a precedent. Next thing you know, bunch of people will use this as an excuse to post their private threads which may contain sensitive information, which may entail to more than IGNs of other people.

If you want me to vouch for anything else, let me know which ones and I can confirm/deny for you.

16. OP
    OP
    Ju

Ju King Slime

Dec 23, 2017
    Warrior
    Not to offend any parties in anyway, I've gone through the terms and don't see any clear guidelines with regards to posting content on forum. Frankly speaking, I don't see anything wrong in putting up information direct from the staff as long as there are very clear guidelines made to censor or to omit the relevant names. Considering whatever sent by the staff is official, I think the name already spells it and simplifies a lot of explanation.

Vouching is quite informal I feel, what I want to show isn't merely just: I think this is toxic- exercise care.
    It's more of: I think this is toxic, this is what the staff says and what does the community think?

If there's a genuine concern with witch-hunt like what siao raised, there should be explicit mention of what users should not do rather than having a one-liner on forum etiquette. Setting an example here does not mean that other people will know about it. Do you expect people to dig up past forum posts to see all of what has been done?

If there's any sensitive information not meant to be shared, make it clear and obvious that these things are not meant to be shared. I don't think I'll be the last one to do such a thing if nothing is done to address this issue.

17. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    2:26 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    As a member of the community I don't really understand what this thread is even trying to accomplish. Is it trying to get me not to care about newer players because one of them was a dick months ago? The staff said it was dealt with, and I don't see any reason to distrust that assessment. If there's new evidence, then the report abuse subsection of the forum is elsewhere.

Are toxic players bad? Yeah

Is that going to stop me from wanting to help new players? Not in the least.

Something stinks because this thread is all over the place. It smells like wounded pride to be frank. It sounds like all that was lost were a few minutes of time from buffing the individual. That's what he/she took. It was wrong of them but deciding to carry that and let it fester for months is something that you've done to yourself. It's an online game, there are people and interactions I don't really like but concentrating energy on it isn't going to help anyone or anything. It's clear that whatever vendetta expressed here isn't an accurate painting of what has transpired or the culture of MapleLegends, no matter the brushstroke used to try and portray it that way.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blonde

Blonde Capt. Latanica

Apr 8, 2018
    Male
    hell
    Blonde
    Bowman
    This thread in itself is just going to perpetuate negativity. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.