1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Castellan Toad - Info & Thoughts

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Piety, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    5:17 PM
    Centaur & Chaste
    Enough Soon™ posts; the release of Castellan Toad draws near, so it's time to give some information!

- One of the big concerns people had was the potential XP gain/how farmable the boss was. With this in mind, Castellan Toad will be INSTANCED, and will work similarly to The Boss/Zakum. To enter, you will need to have a [​IMG] Kacchuu Musha Fragment in your inventory. Once someone drops their fragment on the altar, this will trigger the encounter, and lock out everyone from reentering the boss for the day.

- Yes, [​IMG] Stonetooth Sword will be dropping from Toad, as previously announced since it was moved from Nintos to him.

-----------

These bottom points are still up for discussion; If you care about Castellan Toad/this content, now's your chance to voice your opinion.

- There was a lot of outcry about Castellan's availability to a lot of classes (Considering it requires a high amount of washing (9.6k pre-HB HP) to survive a hit).
    Castellan was made possible for Ranged classes without as much washing in later versions, but since we are staying on v62/not buffing classes/releasing new ''tiers'' of gear, a lot have voiced that a small nerf should to it's damage should be considered as not to make the washing as tedious/making it reachable for already made characters. Should we keep it as is, or slightly lower his damage?
    - On the same topic, an argument was made that Castellan Toad mostly catered to Melee heroes, in the same way that The Boss catered to Ranged classes. If a nerf was made to Castellan Toad's damage, which caters to Ranged, should the accuracy requirement on The Boss be lowered to make it possible for Melee?

*Serious thread and serious replies please. Keep the jokes/trolling out of here this time!
    Note that in the end, the staff team will make the final decision. Do not be frustrated if your recommendation does not go through.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    nerf toad damage to make it in line with HT damage (what people planned to wash for anyway) and reduce avoid of the boss SeemsGood

• Agree x 13
    • Disagree x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  3. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    10:17 PM
    Defender
    5.6k hp for ranged classes pre HB, would be fair for all

• Disagree Disagree x 11
  4. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    A lot of people prepared their ranged classes for the toad. A lot of people are already 200 and have less than 9.6k...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Soniii

Soniii Mixed Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Female
    Chicago, IL
    2:17 PM
    ImSinXD
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Honestly i think 7k clean hp would be fine

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. DivineArrow

DivineArrow Horny Mushroom

Aug 3, 2017
    Israel
    12:17 AM
    DivineArrow
    Bowmaster
    Essence
    Dont nerf it, the fittest survive and the weakest quit the game hehe

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Aron

Aron Red Snail

May 4, 2015
    Male
    11:17 PM
    Spearman
    Justice
    A slight nerf is fine I think, to something like 6-7k pre-hb. But only in combination with the proposed avoidability nerf. Ranged classes are already the dominant classes at most high-level bosses, if warrior's edge is removed on Castellan, they should receive something in return on another boss.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Koyumi

Koyumi Red Snail

Oct 25, 2017
    3:17 PM
    Bowmaster
    For HT, ranged DPS players wash to around ~5,600 HP. Washing to 9,600 HP is a huge leap to prepare for the Toad. However, the Toad seems to be higher level end-game content, so I think it would be fair for HP requirements to be higher (~7.5K?).

In the same way, if HP requirements are reduced for ranged classes, accuracy requirements for the boss should be adjusted in an equitable way. I'm not proposing that accuracy requirements be right in between HT and Toad. Perhaps the accuracy requirements for The Boss should be the same difficulty/work of washing from HT to Toad for rangers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Zebezian

Zebezian Master Chronos Retired Staff

Sep 17, 2017
    Male
    Zebezian
    Paladin
    Honor
    I don't have too much direct feedback, but I do have a serious question: In terms of bosses, will this be the last to be added? Or is there the reasonable potential to add more, stronger bosses in the future?

If this is supposed to be the last "strongest" boss to be ever added (Ever ever!), then I suppose I don't see too much of a problem nerfing the damage it deals.

However, if there is the potential to add stronger bosses, then nerfing this one pretty much sets the precedent for even more significant nerfs for all future boss content. In which case, I do see a problem nerfing Castellan's damage without also taking steps to do something about HP washing.

10. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    I'm in favor of no nerfs. Those with barely-HT ready HP at 200 had the opportunity to wash more and didn't.

Also, it's a fair trade off between Toad intended for melee and The Boss intended for range. You don't have to do both bosses.

As for Neo Tokyo, this should be added to the discussion because nerfs are a slippery slope.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
  11. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    4:17 PM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    I like what AronAron said. Don't flat out nerf, make some kind of balance. If you gonna lower/nerf one part of the boss, buff something else about it. Personally I am fine with whatever, but there will be many comments from those who are set to do it/will have the HP required already saying "Don't nerf" and then you will get the group who wont have the required HP saying "Do nerf".

You can't please them all.

12. lildicky

lildicky Mano

Jun 28, 2017
    LilDicky
    Night Lord
    Keep it as is for nostalgia:^)

• Agree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Creative x 1
  13. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    4:17 PM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    Remove voting for NX, for nostalgica :^) (i kid i kid)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. FccboiBrian

FccboiBrian Red Snail

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Cupidity, HugeJugs
    Bowmaster
    ImAWhaleOroO
    9.6k is a pretty absurd amount of hp to wash for. Sure some people have done/started it, but I think it only attracts the hardcore players. I’m not sure what the % of players to take on this long journey is, but it seems crazy to play this game for over a whole year with 200+ base int, not doing any damage, while getting to 180. A horntail wash already takes 5-6 months of hard work and waiting, and many people have already accepted it as the norm and are rewarded for it.

With the introduction of a newer, higher goal, you basically make most people’s end-game washes obsolete, make lvl 200s unable to kill the boss, and cater to the low % of people willing to wait 1year+ for a perfect wash.

Wouldn’t keeping it at 9.6k hp make an already highly inaccessible boss (still have to reach 180ish) seem impossibly inaccessible to most people? And consequently create a server where only the top % of people can kill/and farm the toad (monopoly?)?

My vote is for lowering the damage of the toad, but how much lower I can’t say what’s fair. I just dont see myself creating a ranged char with no dmg til 180, just to enjoy the game for 20 levels.

(Edit for format)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Chaosluck

Chaosluck Mushmom

Oct 21, 2017
    Male
    12:17 AM
    Assensio
    Assassin
    Abyss
    Castellan toad is a higher tier boss then The Boss, but if you do want to have the analogy of toad for melee, The Boss for ranged,
    then i would say reduce toad dmg while reducing avoid change, and also reducing min accuracy for The Boss.

16. lildicky

lildicky Mano

Jun 28, 2017
    LilDicky
    Night Lord
    Toad doesnt really drop anything valuable enough for the “monopoly” to be a concern imo. Unless you need face/eye scrolls or are a chair collector, the only thing that you‘re missing out on is the exp.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    I don't think Toad and The Boss were originally intended to be killed by every class. Following that, it makes sense to have a high bar entry where it is possible to make your character able to kill both with high effort involved because it is not intended.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Just to note; if we were to nerf it, it would most definitely not be as low as Horntail's damage. We're talking about a small, more manageable nerf, but Castellan is still a much higher level boss than Horntail. You will still need to wash/have washed higher than you did for HT by a decent amount.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. FccboiBrian

FccboiBrian Red Snail

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Cupidity, HugeJugs
    Bowmaster
    ImAWhaleOroO
    Yeah that does make sense, which is why i voted for a nerf but not a complete 5.6k dmg one with some sort of middle ground.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    11:17 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I'd say go for 7k base hp. This way most upcoming ranged members are still able to catch up on the washing using mp washing and some ap resets to gain some extra int. For myself getting 7k base int would mean sitting on 150 int for another 20 levels. It's hard but not impossible.

If more hp would be required I'd say you'd need to buff hp equips such that we can (somehow) wear some hp equips while lowering our dmg. The issue with this is that every piece of equipment usually facilitates to the secondary stat that is needed to wear weapons.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.