1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Castellan Toad - Info & Thoughts

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Piety, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lustless

Lustless Blue Snail

Jul 7, 2017
    Female
    10:40 AM
    Lustless
    Assassin
    PLEASE nerf the damage. As a soon to be NL i'm worried I won't even have 5.6khp at lvl 155, let alone 9k+ hp at 180 what. I think 7k sounds manageable. I don't care which boss caters to what classes, the end game of this game is to boss and I just want to be able to play all the content available.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    6:40 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Who's that?

PLEASE buff melee class single target dpm to be as high as ranged to level the playing ground, i mean if ranged classes have their only con (lack of hp for certain bosses) to be catered for then i might as well cry for a dmg boost for melees :)

P.S I'm being sarcastic btw.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    1:40 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    I'm assuming you weren't here during the server's release. And having an honest discussion isn't being toxic because you disagree with what's being said. Make a case.

4. Nikolai

Nikolai Orange Mushroom

Jan 19, 2016
    Male
    New York, NY
    10:40 AM
    Nikolai
    Warrior
    Basic
    I say don't nerf it. There are already bosses catered towards ranged classes. Leave this one for the warriors and ones who washed the most.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    6:40 PM
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    I agree with Dulce. As a melee class player, there are less things for us to do towards the end-game, whereas ranged classes have a plethora of bosses to choose from. I say don't change anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Renegade

Renegade Mano

Aug 14, 2016
    Male
    Perion
    1:40 AM
    None
    "You can't have your cake and eat it too"

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    I actually agree with this (except that ranged classes have best dpm cuz you out-dpmed Franco cleaving HT [​IMG]). Ranged classes would be able to farm The Boss and Toad daily for ridiculous exp, while classes with low accuracy get stiffed and can only Toad. Makes sense to keep it as is. And there won't be a monopolization of STs. First of all, that term is being used horribly wrong because monopolization means one entity is in control of the supply and price. That's not true, because multiple guilds will Toad and sell their STs to compete with prices from other guilds. They also drop from Crow, which ranged and melee classes can kill, as well as gachapon, again available to everyone over lvl 50. I'm not sure about the drop rate of STs from Toad, but I'm assuming it's pretty low anyway and you can only do it once a day. Also, there's nothing stopping others from merching STs. Additionally, you can argue ranged classes have a monopolization on gold earrings, so the Boss should be nerfed. It's an overall poor argument to nerf Toad.

Also this 100%

And no, I'm not being biased because I have enough HP to survive Toad.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. kissMagE

kissMagE Selkie Jr.

May 28, 2017
    Female
    JoeL
    Beginner
    I agree not to nerf The Toad !!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    7:40 PM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I still like the idea of massively boosting hp scrolls. That way you can boss without having washed, but you lose out damage massively.
    I think effort>reward is better then no effort>exclusion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Thanks for the great feedback so far from both side of people. MapleF14

We give people until evening to throw more feedback into this, then the topic will be closed and the decision will be concluded behind scene.

Thanks for the mature discussions :heartbeat:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Reese

Reese Snail

Jul 15, 2017
    5:40 AM
    Reese
    Beginner
    We should slightly nerf it.

12. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    Although I do prefer all content should be available to all. There are some good points made about Anego and The Boss being very melee class unfriendly. At first I was much in favor of reducing the damage Toad does. But I have to admit I have changed my mind. Perhaps give the melee bosses a chance. Let them have an unnerfed Toad. I think at this point there should be something for them as well instead of the diehard Bish - NL players.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    The whole point new content is so that the game would be more fun. There will be minimal change in gameplay for the majority of the community now verses when Castellan is released. The toad boss is the elite of the elite boss in terms of max damage output and keeping it unnerfed would the nostalgia feeling of the toad boss. But because hp washing exists and is what majority of attackers are partaking in, a more diverse group of attackers are able to fight this boss compared to that of GMS. This is already an advantage in MapleLegends over GMS. We have already seen players who were able to hp wash as a low hp class to meet the minimum hp requirement + hb to fight this boss at its original strength. If such a goal is obtainable and realistic as shown by FishyFishy , why is there a need to nerf the boss? With my response, I strongly believe and recommend that Castellan and Castellan toad boss should not be nerfed in any way or form to promote a further late-game boss for the few.

In response to the individuals who wish to see the boss nerfed, I do have some ideas. First, as we know Castellan is supposedly more difficult than Neo Tokyo. As such, the damage nerfed to Castellan should be no less than the damage outputted by Neo Tokyo (+ level and difficulty factor) or else Neo Tokyo would need to be nerfed as well by this logic. Second, for people suggesting Castellan to be nerfed to horntail level, remember that Castellan is a boss that is 20 levels higher than horntail and thus shouldn't be made too easy. But then the fun factor of new content would be gone. Perhaps modify Castellan periodically with increasing strength until its original strength to cater to the individuals who wish to attempt Castellan with less hp now and give those time to hp wash further to fight Castellan later when its stronger. Both these ideas are for a temporary nerf to Castellan so that those who have peaked in terms of hp washing would get a brief chance to fight Castellan in a weakened state and also give time for these players to rethink their strategies in progressing later into the game (a change in meta).

To how the toad boss should be released, instancing the boss would be problematic for unoriginal for the boss. We've talked about hp washing for attackers? How about mages and bishops in particular to hsing the attackers at Castellan's death for hp. If the boss were to be instanced, that means a mage would have to survive the entire boss fights to give hs to the attackers which is extremely difficult verses entering the map shortly before the death of the boss to quickly buff the attackers. Also, people dying and refighting the boss would be a no because you would no longer be able to enter or reface castellan for the day because of the limit of an instance. For the discussion on what bosses are more suited to specific jobs and it appears that mages were left out of the equation. To promote a non-instanced room, make Castellan a non-multiclient-able area as well as a map ownerless to ensure competition and reduce camping of a prized boss. Camping already exists for many bosses and it is a problem because of map-ownership. Also I would not suggest a level restriction on entering castellan's map because then, it would enable anyone to visit Castellan for the fun of it, just like the old GMS.

Here are my thoughts on the upcoming Castellan boss release but honestly I hope it would not get nerfed.

14. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    8:40 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Magic guard only lets their HP get hit by 20% of damage so thats around 2.8k, so with HB they should be fine.

15. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    I'd agree this post but apparently I've even had those privileges taken away. Sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ambrose

Ambrose Stone Golem

Dec 22, 2017
    Male
    Caterina, TheNL
    Cleric
    Elluelians
    When I first joined MapleLegends, Ninja castle was released. My immediate goal was to make a night lord capable of attacking and fighting castellan without hb (essentially solo). Later I revised that plan it so that I could kill castellan with the help of friends because of the immense of time required to hp wash. Nerfing Castellan would deter players from fighting Castellan because of the alter of genuine content. Hp washing is indeed the utmost importance to bossing as a ranged class so pleas community, stop inflating the price of int scrolls and gear for lesser intense hp washing players. Maybe half of the reason why hp washing is so difficult is because of the high price tag of a good regular hp washing setup, thus forcing players who do hp wash to double hp wash or even mp wash to save mesos (a probable case of a lack of meso sink system currently).

Also, with castellan potentially nerfed, are you able to fight castellan here and now given the probability of the magnitude of the nerf to be little? If the answer is no, then don't request for a nerf if you are not even benefiting yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Informative +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I've played Maple since 2007. I've also always played melee classes only. I've always accepted that ranged attackers will always be better than melee, with the only benefit to us being that we have enough hp to play comfortably. When I picked up this server, I've also accepted it long ago that ranged attackers are gonna have it best too. They also get to do anego and reap all the YSS profits. I was never going to propose a "buff to melee class DPS" because this is an authentic maple server right?

But now there's this boss that's only for melee classes exclusively (barring the crazy tryhards who wash to 10k), and people are proposing for nerf to damage and cater for ranged attackers. It can't be said better than this poster above me:

Voting no nerf to toad, no nerf to boss. Game was designed this way, let it be please

• Agree Agree x 10
  19. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Agree

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Timan1

Timan1 Mushmom

Nov 21, 2017
    5:40 PM
    Night Lord
    When GMS realized most characters can't do toad they nerfed him,as a way of trying to "fix" the error they created in the first place. why would you make that error again? its going to be frustrating for "finished characters" as they already finished washing and didn't know about the new boss. also,since maplelegends takes so much time to release new content, many of the old players will be excited to try Castellian but most of them won't be able to,i believe it wont be fair for old players since their ultimate goal was reaching minimum hp for horntail,at the time. Nerf the toad,don't make the same mistakes Neckson did when they first released him, especially when you're releasing a new boss every 2 years.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.