1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thief Comprehensive Shadower Guide

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Marty, Jun 22, 2015.

1. FooL

FooL Slime

May 2, 2017
    Lake Titicaca, Peru
    3:26 PM
    Fool
    Beginner
    Whats the best place for CB to train at from 100-120 ? without ending up in fm beggin 4 meso pl0x

• Like Like x 1
  2. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    3:26 AM
    Crusader
    Just a quick question: how useful is L7 for sindits at 3rd job and above?

3. acai

acai Slime

Apr 10, 2017
    Male
    acai
    shouldnt be useful at all I think since you'll be using a lot of meso explosion from that point on until 4th job. But should be very useful early on in 1st job and early 2nd, from my experience at least

4. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    Ah... thank you for the tip. I'm thinking of making a bandit and I'm not sure if I want L7 at the expense of some levels in Steal. And in the long term if L7 is going to be utterly obsolete then I'll rather go with a regular bandit build.

5. xAznAce

xAznAce Master Chronos

May 19, 2017
    Male
    Encounter with Buddha
    9:26 PM
    Jyugo
    Chief Bandit
    Unworthy
    I have a question regarding the amount of mesos needed to kill himes. When I get there at level 72, my ME obviously is not going to be maxed. How many bags of how many mesos should I drop? I get that I should only drop 30x 800 when its maxed, but how many at lower levels? Should 30x 2000 do the trick?

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    ME has a mastery % shown. Multiply the amount of bags according to that if you can drop fast enough, or up your amount dropped to about 1.8k and scale it down slowly as you level ME (which should only take you an hour, maybe two).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    12:26 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    I see you've posted a very similar Shadower/Bandit guide on MapleRoyals forum. The AP build differs from the one posted here. Which one is better/more up-to-date? Or are they different because of different items being available?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Frirai

Frirai Slime

Jun 23, 2017
    I've tried it recently, 30k (999 per bag) is good enough to clear the whole wave at lvl 1 ME

9. OnionKnight

OnionKnight Red Snail

Jun 28, 2017
    Male
    2:26 PM
    Onions
    Bandit
    Nice.... veeery very nice.... veeeery niice. Any advise on how should i raise my ap stats? I chose the refomended way its just i dont know which equips to use and when to start adding dex and str

10. JustAPig

JustAPig Master Chronos

Jul 8, 2017
    Vancouver Canada Taipei Taiwan LosAngeles US
    12:26 PM
    JustAPig
    Chief Bandit
    Honor
    If I'm all luk bandit. Do I need dex armor or luk armor to improve my damage?

11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You only want dex armor if you use ot to equip a better weapon, otherwise you're better off with luck.

Both improve your damage but luck adds more per point.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OnionKnight

OnionKnight Red Snail

Jun 28, 2017
    Male
    Onions
    Bandit
    So i should look for a dex robe instead of a luk robe? If im going normal ( low str low dex endgame)

13. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    8:26 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    In regards to all the players looking for advice on how to build their AP as they level, it really depends on your playstyle.

However i believe the most cost efficient and best dmg per level process for this server and it's available gear is:

Pure luk bandit from start - lvl100
    As you level you can invest on cheap luk equipment and use dexless daggers such as: korean fan, maple daggers, diamond dagger, Liu bei dagger, aura dagger and fan. There is no better option for maximized damage in these levels. (yes diamond/fan both require some str, but you can easily cover those requirements with cheaply scrolled gear)

By the time u hit lvl7x, you can go about 2 ways in leveling; save up meso and grind normally with Band of thieves/savage blow etc, or level super fast using meso explosion. This part is already explained by Marty in the guide, with either options; the lvl65 dagger (fan) or the maple asura dagger (lvl64) are your go to main wep until lvl110/120.

Now when you start closing in on lvl100/105 you will have to start thinking about completely changing your gear and build.
    At level 120 you will have the option of using the dragon khanjar shield and dragon kanzir dagger. Raise your base dex and str within these levels so by 120 you are ready to equip the lvl120 gear.
    Reason for waiting till around lvl100/105 before adding to base is to give yourself time to scroll a bottom with dex, top with luk/str and other bits and bobs like helm/shoes/cape, this way you can save on some resets. A cheaper and more immediate alternative is getting a dex overall (sauna for males/avenger for females) so you can take your time scrolling top/bot after.

You will almost 100% need to reset your base str and dex overtime anyway once you get a better helm or a horntail pendant, so don't worry too much about it.

If you have any other problems or need extra guidance, feel free to pm me in game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    1:26 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    You should be going for a luk top and a dex bot.

Most commonly used set seems to be the Level 80 red top (perf clean 2dex 6luk) and bot (perf clean 2dex 4luk).

Focus on scrolling for dex and scrounge up str from equips wherever available, adding in a bit of base str is unavoidable.

• Like Like x 1
  15. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    to add onto this, all stat equips like zakum/scar/targa hats or dep star/horntail pendant egged are super good as you get 1.5x the use compared to any other class

16. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    8:26 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Just letting people know that str tops are better on shadowers than luk, luk tops do have a high resale value in comparison though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. OnionKnight

OnionKnight Red Snail

Jun 28, 2017
    Male
    Onions
    Bandit
    Thank you so much! Really appreciate it. Just have one more question. Im lvl 54 where do i need to train im bandit obviosly, the thing is that lmpq is sooo boring and im used to doing it full. What would be a nice training ground for me at this lvl? So i can lvl up fastie. Thank you once again!

18. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    1:26 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    GS2/5 are pretty much the best options. You could try FoG as well.

19. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    voodoos/hoodoos is very nice. Small map, good HP:EXP ratio and you can sell the heartstoppers they drop for ~80k mesos each

20. Manohjay

Manohjay Horny Mushroom

Jun 27, 2017
    United States
    YNWA
    Night Lord
    Influence
    Can you explain why str tops are better?