1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Continuing Shivering's 1-30 challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jafel, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    7:18 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Hello all, most of you saw the Shivering challenge 3 already and might have been disapointed to see it stopped. AinzAinz and I asked whether we could continue it in his name and he approved. We're back in the game!

I do want to make some minor changes:
    1. I'm not rich, so current idea for prize pool = 150m and 10.5k donor NX. No need for sponsors anymore (but if you want to, you can still add to the prizepool!) (first anonymous donor already added 10m to the original 50m prize pool by Ainz and me, thanks to -vv and yogurtseller for an additional 25m! Thanks to Nightz for 15m and 10.5k NX, look at this mr moneybags! And Shivering makes the prize pool truly legendary with another 50m!!!)
    2. Your character name needs to start with "FIX" (E.g. FIXoctopus (but that's fixed now), or FIXshadowstar (but that's 1 character too long), or FIXpally (but that won't happen).)
    3. Show the original post some love and rate ShiveringShivering's post with a Like!
    Challenge: Level from 1 to 30 in the fastest time. The character you create must be completely new.

Prize Pool: 100m+donorNX (1st place), 50m for other contestants (2nd and 3rd place). (prize is variable, depends on sponsors & extra categories)
    Deadline for Submission: 07/8/2021 (end of event!)

READ THE RULES BELOW CAREFULLY. INABILITY TO FOLLOW THE RULESET BELOW WILL LEAD TO YOUR ENTRY BEING DISCARDED.

Constraints:
    • No equip transfers.
    • You are allowed to transfer 1M of mesos ONLY FOR buying anything from NPCs (USE, EQUIP, anything. But only from NPC shops and NPCs) and only after you leave maple island. You are only allowed to transfer 1M mesos. You must buy the items by travelling to an NPC (shop) on your new character. You are not allowed to buy anything in FM.
    • No GM Buffs.
    • You are expected to complete your 1st job advancement.
    • You cannot leech yourself. You cannot party anyone. This is a solo challenge. You cannot get any clear and significant help from someone out of your party.
    • Can not complete any quests; has to be a pure grind.
    • Constraints on map usage: No genins, no teddies, no bubblings, no demon slimes (we already know how to grind on the popular maps; the goal of this challenge is for you to get creative and create your own custom strategy)
    • You cannot use any NX (will verify in the video :)).
    Submission guidelines:
    • You are required to provide a full recording of your run. If you need help downloading recording software message or Slime#8653 (he has graciously volunteered his time in the original thread.
    • Use !time command ingame at the beginning of your run and at the end of your run. :)
    • You must submit the recording to my discord (SeƱorro Zorro#3603) within 48 hours of hitting level 30. I will update this thread with each submission time, IGN and job.

I'm excited see what you guys come up with. Depending on participation level I may expand the prize pool to include a 2nd and 3rd place, but that's up in the air at the moment. Good luck!

FAQ

Why no quests?
    There are already several guides that exist that would make this challenge way too easy if you were allowed to do quests.

Can I access Coke Town?
    Yes.

Might still make some changes to the rules to ensure challenging & fair conditions.

Current rankings!
    1) Slime
    2) Feeed
    3) ???
    4) ???

There's already someone outside the prizepool, but people are still sending in entries. If you think you have what it takes, TRY THE CHALLENGE RIGHT NOW. If your first run is WELL under 5 hours, you might still get very close to the razor sharp times set by Slime and Feeed. Maybe... you will even beat them? Don't send me recordings for times more than 4 hours, as those won't make it to the top 3.

Nobody has beaten the 3 hour barrier yet, can you do it? Do you think you have what it takes to win MESOS? Cold HARD digital (2003 2d mushroom game private server) money?!

P.S. Yes, I am spending my mesos to get more awards on the forums, no this is not philantropy, yes I love to democratize and socialize new meta strats, no I'm not a communist, yes please donate more money to the challenge! (You can even add a specific requirement if you'd like, message me on discord!)

• Great Work Great Work x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    [​IMG]

Is it allowed if I were to add 10.5k donor cash to the prize pool for the winner?

3. OP
    OP
    Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    I don't think so.

But I guess KimberlyKimberly can clarify. (or someone else from staff)

4. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    11:18 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    He must have really needed that 100m all of a sudden. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. braidgame

braidgame Pac Pinky

Jun 21, 2015
    Pluto
    1:18 AM
    Outside
    Beginner
    Flow
    Thanks for making this challenge alive again.
    Just curious the recordings can be stopped at any time like no need to complete in one try or not?
    To prevent cheating, use in-game @ time and record inventory stuff every time u want to stop and start.

6. OP
    OP
    Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    If you show @ time before you log off and when you log back on, and we can see your inventory tabs (cycle through + scroll down) both times. I'm okay with it. That will most likely cost you some time too. I want everything in 1 video file tho, so make sure to merge em.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    8:18 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Yeah I'm still here, @Slime#8653 on Discord if anyone needs help recording. o/

Good job on saving the challenge.
    I like the rule changes. Please make a leaderboard somewhere on this thread and update it when people submit times~ Just top5 or top3 would be very nice to have.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    10:18 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Possible rule addition: You can't have anyone in the same map (not in party) clearing mobs, so your own spawn rate is increased.

Also, I forget, are there any mandatory quests in maple island / job advance?

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Nope, there are none.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Please be more specific, are we allowed use our mesos however we want on NPCs (Cabs, return scrolls, weapons, anything from NPCs) or specifically "potion/bows/stars"(f6) for some reason?
    JafelJafel

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Hi, great question! I elaborated in the main post and changed a detail in a later rule.

You can spend the mesos at any NPC in maple, but only on "USE" items + travel.

13. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Please change that from "bows" to "arrows". Or just remove that rule and simply say we can't buy anything from players or FM.

Also it's written vaguely but it seems like the rules are trying to say I have to buy everything at the very start before I start leveling? (AKA I can't buy more potions later(???)) Is that the case?
    ~Edit: this is no longer the case.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    The main reason is to level the playing field. I'm not sure why we can't let everyone keep their money, but I assume it is to make you plan in advance what you want to do. And yeah, you either spend all before leveling, or you trade back the mesos you didn't spend.

15. OP
    OP
    Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    I updated the rules most likely for the last time. updates will now be entries, extra money in the prizepool, etc.

Simplified rule: 1m starter money, can buy anything you like at ANY npc or NPC shop. Cannot be spend at all in FM. (You are not allowed to spend any money in FM during the run)

If you plan to join this challenge, please leave a message behind so we know what to expect! First entries coming in today already. But should be able to go faster with the simplified rules!

16. braidgame

braidgame Pac Pinky

Jun 21, 2015
    Pluto
    Outside
    Beginner
    Flow
    I want to ask if i can buy the stuff in store and later sell it back to store, just curious

17. OP
    OP
    Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    In what way? Buy from NPC and sell back later? Sure that's no problem.

18. braidgame

braidgame Pac Pinky

Jun 21, 2015
    Pluto
    Outside
    Beginner
    Flow
    So later on leveling i can still use mesos to buy other stuff like potions, arrows or weapon in store?
    Sorry for not being specific at first.

And BTW do we have estimated time for the run now?

19. OP
    OP
    Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    I think I can already say that if you are not under 6 hours you won't win anything, even with addition of 2nd and 3rd place. When I have the first actual time in, I'll share more.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    upload_2021-6-14_10-44-33.png
    YES it is allowed!

Nightz777Nightz777 (maybe?) donates 10.5k donor NX whooo :)