1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any unpopular opinions to share about MapleLegends?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redwop, Nov 10, 2022.

1. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    4:30 PM
    I think it's cool that Showa Town has a bathhouse; I think it fits well with the area. But I am a bit concerned about how "The Secret Spa" fits into the aesthetic of the bathhouse. Personally, I find the map a bit out-of-place — almost as if the map was meant to be used for El Nath's dungeon; that is to say, the map fits more with the aesthetic of maps there, such as the Cave of Trial.

However, I do think that JMS meant well when they introduced more maps to the game. If this map was moved instead to El Nath I personally would replace Red Slime with Cerebes, and have the map available as either a "Hidden Street" or a mini dungeon; similar to the "Cave within the cave" map.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    11:30 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I always felt like the secret spa feeling like el nath cave of trial was an intended easter egg, tbh. I thought it was pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    It may be.

4. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    1:30 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    [​IMG]
    at that point might as well change it to the door to zakum as he is a hot boi and then put a nice resort spa on top

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    I appreciate your honesty.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Floron

Floron Slime

Apr 27, 2022
    2:30 PM
    Beginner
    people that multi client farm popular leech map: roaring/gen-ing once every 30 seconds or so are unethical map hoarders

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    1:30 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    map snipers should live in fear of their making

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    9:30 AM
    Endorphins
    maybe we can skip an event or two and fix some of the bugs that really bothers most of us
    such as the login dc bugs, the daily 15minutes struggle to log in. god forbid you logged off in fm gl logging in with that. the 2 minutes loading time for client also dosent help this
    also the aggro bugs that occur the past few months

Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    8:30 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Have you tried to turn off fast loading in your legends.ini?

10. vitriaxx

vitriaxx Slime

Feb 10, 2021
    Majority of the current PQ’s suck. The time investment required for low level pqs to eg, finding a party, waiting around for extended periods of time, frustrating sections that make no sense and take too long (looking at you LPQ) especially for new players who don’t know how to do boxes part (including me), players who are washing and cant deal any damage making it take longer. The end reward for exp, PQ equips are just not enough justifying the time investment required to participate in them currently (yes i know they are going to be reworked) i personally don’t participate in leeching because i want to have that nostalgic experience. Which leads to whenever i want to make a new character the idea of going through all that again just discourages me from playing other classes especially those that have a weaker early game as grinding alone is just so much easier and efficient.

I want to PQ, I just don’t want it to suck T.T

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You should post this on the popular opinions thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Map owner is a bad system and KSing should be moderated on a case by case basis.

You shouldn't be banned for farming the same map as someone else. Only actively griefing or harassing people should warrant a map owner ban.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. vitriaxx

vitriaxx Slime

Feb 10, 2021
    Accuracy system sucks and should be removed entirely or only be applied to boss monsters excluding PQ boss monsters

I have no idea about balancing eg dragon roar. But jr neckis give me ptsd

14. Notorious

Notorious Slime

Apr 10, 2021
    Male
    2:30 AM
    Galbatorix, Balake
    Buccaneer
    Chroma, Funk
    Extremely unpopular opinion: once HP challenges are fully coded, I would actually enjoy a server wipe and I think it would be a ton of fun. I would like the new server to be all of the same content as current, except no washing or multiclienting at all. I think having everyone start back on the same footing, doing PQ's all around the same time, rushing to kill zak and then HT and then PB first, and the new rush to 200... would be really hype and feel a lot more like my memories of childhood Maple.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I think this is a very popular opinion, there's just too much that would be lost (which would probably make a significant part of the playerbase leave)

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    12:30 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    As hard as I've worked for my chars I'd be in full support of a server wipe. The game is so far advanced into deep end game stages it would be very very cool to be able to fight as equals, even if that's just until Fartsy logs in and cleans out the rankings.

17. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:30 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    maybe not so unpopular, but still in the direction of server wipe, a wipe only attracts enthusiastic players, who will play the first few weeks (I have a group on WhatsApp where they look for server recently opened to be able to get rankings, they don't stop at any), a loyal player who has played the same server for more than years is worth more than 100 enthusiasts

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I suggested a seasonal ironman mode to sort of supply this. It would let any new character opt in to a fresh start without wiping the whole server.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. TTKirnk

TTKirnk Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Nov 26, 2017
    Male
    2:30 AM
    TTKirnk
    Buccaneer
    Carnival
    yeah i got the biggest hot take to ever exist in MapleLegends and its definitely something NO ONE ELSE WILL AGREE ON. are you ready chat? im not ready.

the average nl in this game has less than -1351 brain cells, in which -1351 is my current brain cell count. in other words, i think the average night lord is beyond brain dead
    whether drunk or sober, i think this is a true fact, and you cannot convince me otherwise
    o/

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  20. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    he didn't even include the part about haste, it's just straight up NL flame holy fucking based

you were supposed to be educating them on haste you HAD A JOB

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1