1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

DPM Compilation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gurk, Mar 13, 2022.

1. CountDabs

CountDabs King Slime

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    10:39 AM
    Dabulator
    Corsair
    WeenieHutJrs
    Dpm 3 @rav
    Echo, Cider, SI
    Gimme that #1 spot baybee
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. TTKirnk

TTKirnk Stone Golem Retired Staff

Nov 26, 2017
    Male
    1:39 PM
    TTKirnk
    Buccaneer
    Carnival
    uh oh its that time again...time for another #deardiary from the paladin with the most EPIC name. this time, itll be on the rest of neo tokyo part 2, which is the dunas2 unit, dunas2, royal guard, and core blaze. this will prolly be a longer one due to all the bosses so i hope those that like reading will be satisfied...or you're good at skimming/skipping words

dunas2 unit dpm3 (mw30, se, cider, si, echo)
    dunass unit dpm3.png

dunas2 dpm10 (same buffs and range as above)
    dunass v2 dpm10.png

royal guard dpm5 (same buffs as above)
    royal guard dpm 5.png

core blaze dpm10 (same range and buffs as above)
    core blaze dpm10 largely acb.png

time for your favorite part! dear diary...
    - best elements are: lightning for dunas2 unit, fire for core blaze, and holy for dunas2 and royal guard since these two arent weak to anything. all of them can be threatened, but you have to be on the bottom floor to threaten core blaze, so its not worthwhile doing so. no dispels/armor crashes were used on dunas2 and core blaze.

-not much to say for dunas2 unit other than stand on the right side of it on the slope so you can actually hit it. if you're hitting it back with every blast, then ideally you should pull it back with magnet after 5-6 blasts as any more will be out of your range. this can vary depending on your comp though or who has aggro.

-admittedly i dont know if im just dumb or what, but i havent been able to find a good afk spot that lets you consistently hit dunas2 while avoiding dispel as a pally. my current method is quite tedious and far more interactive, but if executed properly lets you hit him a good portion of the time while avoiding dispel (if someone knows of a good spot pls let me know. i dont think there is due to blast's poor vertical reach but i can be wrong)

-essentially you hit dunas2 from here:
    dunass v2 hit spot.png
    pls imagine a dunas2 there ty. you are in dispel range here but all your blasts reach unless he moves behind you due to his teleport attack (you can turn around to hit him in this case). right before the dispel goes off, i jump attack with blast and move forward to then land here (roughly):
    dunass v2 jump to spot.png
    doesnt have to be that exact spot, but just high enough to avoid the dispel before it hits. once you see hes done whether due to floating over or doing another animation, move/jump back down and then rinse and repeat the process. does this sound like a tedious process to do for 15-20 minutes? yes, but admittedly i find it fun and it lets you hit consistently enough to actually be good for pinning dunas2, which can be good if theres no AM present to do so. i did get dispelled like 3-4 times during my test and had to grab ciders from my bucc during the test, so my dpm can definitely be higher (im guessing at least 5.5mil+)

-royal guard is similar to the dunas2 unit, but more damage and annoyances via stun and caution with seduce. essentially, you stand here on the stairs:
    royal guard hit spot.png
    imagine a royal guard there THANKS. you can hit him 100% of the time with blast and rush from this spot without being in seduce range, but you can still take touch damage (so mind your hp) and be stunned from his charge attack. 1 step lower puts you in seduce range, so be careful. you essentially treat him like dunas2 unit where when he goes too far (whether out of blast range, need to reposition for the chandelier, or if ranged cant hit him while on the left side) and magnet him back to you. 1 other thing i noticed is that the 2 imperial guards that spawn with the royal guard on the floor actually spawn before it, so your blasts will prioritize them if they're in your blast range, so you should either make sure they can be frozen on the right side and out of the way, or kill those 2 asap so your blasts can hit the royal guard (whatever method works best for your composition)

-my core blaze dpm largely used acb rather than blast, as i wanted to keep the guards under control with stuns, despite having a dark knight on the run. his presence did kill the clones faster (if that wasnt obvious) so i was able to blast more vs me being the only cleaver. id say 80% of the dpm was acb and the other 20% being blast. i think my dpm would technically be higher as only cleave just because more targets would be up for me to hit, but i think this gets the point across. no hh was used to inflate dpm. if given the chance ill prolly try to do a pure blast run dpm, to which i expect my dpm to be pretty similar to my cleaving dpm or so.

overall, after all the runs ive done for each boss, id say pallys are pretty solid in neo tokyo part 2 overall, with their weakest fight being dunas2. even then, they can have a very minor niche with pinning ability if needed, but dunas2 is definitely range oriented for sure. really solid picks for auf haven and the actual core blaze fights, and while their dpm isnt superb against the royal guard, their ability to move it around easily, being able to help control the other 2 imperial guards, and overall tanky nature still make them good utility for this fight if anything. thx for coming to my diary entry heres a bonus dpm50 at auf haven i did yesterday, with the dpm starting with the very first body and ending a few minutes before the fight did (twas a 5 man, si, cider, echo, mw30):

auf haven dpm50 range.png
    auf haven dpm50 whole thing.png

• Great Work Great Work x 5
  3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    6:39 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Hello everyone, I'm back in my Neo Tokyo 1 home :^)

Nameless:

Nameless DPM 10 (Echo, MW30, SE, Meditation,)
    [​IMG]

9m DPM looks possible if I don't get stunned or clawed at all during the fight but it's so easy to doze off a bit

Bergamot:
    Bergamot B1 DPM 5 (Echo, MW30, SE, Meditation,)
    [​IMG]

Bergamot B2 DPM 3 (Echo, MW30, SE, Meditation,)
    [​IMG]

Bergamot B3 DPM 3 (Echo, MW30, SE, Meditation,)
    [​IMG]

I never really do Bergamot as it suits me less as IL and I don't enjoy muling a bish in there and duck the lasers for both characters, but I believe I only ran it once since the strong against lightning was removed on B2 which makes it a bit more convenient to run so here we went.
    Definitely plenty room for improvement on all bodies as I could have done a smoother job with dodging and especially with avoiding stun/sed in B3.

4. FCOArlo

FCOArlo Master Chronos

Apr 25, 2020
    USA
    Wyman | Salladhor
    Dark Knight
    Katsu
    Dummy DPM1 post Zerk change
    SE SI MW30 Echo cider (also realizing now i did this with timeless pendant and not MoN, so lost like .3% range kek)
    upload_2022-8-26_11-1-7.png

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Royal Guard DPM 6 (Echo, MW30, SE, SI, Cider):
    royal_guard_dpm_6.PNG

Finally got around to doing another dpm test for Royal Guard and remembered to pop an acc pot this time; got about 10% higher with MW30 than last time.
    Not the worst dpm for a glorified rush/snatch mule, I suppose. Could be a bit higher with more regular holy shield usages so as to be able to drop down and safely barrage when out of ST. If all attackers are on the platform left of the staircase as opposed to on the staircase, I'd also be able to barrage the boss around while on the staircase rather than simply spamming energy orb and DS from afar, which would net a further increase in dpm.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Perhaps this thread is much less focused on the lower levels, but I felt like contributing would be fun, if even just for seeing personal progress and perhaps getting an idea what comparable characters do.

dpm3 in rav (I would've done a longer one but rav doesn't tend to survive for much longer than 4-5 minutes when duoing)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have been able to improve a fair bit upon these numbers since then. I believe my highest so far was 3.6m dpm. I didn't have a screenshot including my range for those numbers though.

My assassinate still dashes a lot more than I would like (even with triple nate macro) and it does occasionally slow me down. For now I'll stick to duoing rav, because pinning with frequent dashes is tedious. Perhaps one day my internet will stop pooping itself.
    I would like to wash out my int, but that's a bit premature seeing my current hp (I could wash up to around 7.5k clean, but would like to get that to 9-10k)

Tune in next time for (hopefully better) numbers!

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Sorry for the doublepost, got another update. Will combine any upcoming posts.

[​IMG]
    Rav dpm2, really not much to do here in terms of optimisation. Just holding CL and blizzarding whenever summons come up.
    Buffs: Echo, mw20

[​IMG]
    JC dpm5, really happy about the result here. Was my first (successful) JC and I'm still trying to learn the combination of freezing clones with blizzard every 10s, using Ice Demon every 10 seconds, making sure I keep myself+ifrit within attacking range and dodging the 1/1s by impaling myself on spikes.
    All in all, I felt like I really didn't drop the ball much w.r.t blizzard/ice demon, but I definitely ate some 1/1s.
    Buffs: Echo, mw20

• Like Like x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Took my shad out of the cave for the first time in half a year because I had to sell off its shoes, and figured I might as well do some dpm tests while it's free and breathing fresh air again (for now).

I took advantage of my social credit to borrow both a perf kanzir and a perf slash claw for these dummy dpm tests (BorrowStory intensifies) for a more even comparison between my shad and bucc and to get an idea of what their ceiling is like (barring timeless weps and stompers).

Dummy DPM 1 (Echo, MW30, Cider):
    dpm1.PNG

Dummy DPM 3 (Echo, MW30, SE, SI, Cider):
    dpm3.PNG

My shad has effectively ~3 att over my bucc because of the level difference, but otherwise it's interesting to see that they're quite close to each other now after the nate change. May do some more dpm tests on shad before it becomes a sed mule again if I get the chance (any PB squads willing to take him for a spin? :)).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Dunas:
    Dunas DPM 10 (Echo, MW30, SE, Meditation, Dispelling)

Finally hit 6m DPM on Dunas, will stop spamming DPMs for it now unless we get considerably gains which will be rough to do without massive investments
    [​IMG]

10. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Ravana:
    Rav DPM3 (MW10, Coke Pill)
    [​IMG]
    (I don't actually play this char but I needed rav for raffles and figured I might as well dust it off)
    Just posting this to establish some sort of baseline to see if I can improve from there on out. Still haven't actually read up on how significantly the zerk changes impact e.g. 6k hp vs 12k hp. Perhaps there is a lot to be gained here, as I was 'zerking' quite lazily around 10k hp instead of actively trying to stay as low as I could while still being able to take a hit.

I did choose to use my 130 Pinaka instead of my shitty 108 Sky Ski here, which I believe would have made pinning easier. However, it's just not worth the trade-off in damage if I have someone else to pin for me regardless. Higher att speed -> Being able to rely more on my pin -> having more trust in staying at low hp -> dps gains? B>SI Mule

• Like Like x 4
  11. FCOArlo

FCOArlo Master Chronos

Apr 25, 2020
    USA
    Wyman | Salladhor
    Dark Knight
    Katsu

I believe a 130 pinaka is going to beat out a 108 sky ski almost always(depends on other atk gears and if you're appling or not). If you're just cider/coke pill, then i would take the 130 Pinaka.

12. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    12:39 PM
    I believe when using a slow spear pinning ravana isn't as braindead and you need to be a bit more careful when pinning it, while using skis let's you pretty much afk pin it. In bosses where pinning it reliably isn't an issue for sure the 130 pinaka would be better though.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. FCOArlo

FCOArlo Master Chronos

Apr 25, 2020
    USA
    Wyman | Salladhor
    Dark Knight
    Katsu
    Ya I don't Rav, so if that's the case then it makes sense.

14. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    This was exactly my train of thought. I just phrased it as if words are foreign to meOnionDead

15. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Royal Guard DPM 5 (Echo, MW30, Cider):
    dpm_5.PNG

Mostly just nated the boss from the ground and ate the seds. Would be higher if I could better discern the sed animation and DS in time before each one for charged nates.

Core Blaze DPM 10 (Echo, MW30, Cider):
    dpm10.PNG

Nothing to it really, just held down nate for as much as I could until I had to reposition after getting knocked around. Didn't use any cleaving with bstep as the mobs were already being handled by someone else. Honestly lower than I expected as I didn't think it'd be that much lower than my bucc but I don't think there was much else I could have done. Maybe a crazy and chonky enough lad could nate dance on body for more damage and eliminate any inefficiencies due to repositioning. That being said, a shad would be taken on a run not for their damage but primarily for their mob control anyways.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  16. Paxill

Paxill Mushmom

Apr 16, 2020
    Male
    JoeWick
    Bishop, Bowmaster, Corsair
    Nibelung/Nibergen DPM 10 (Echo, Cider, SI, SE, MW20):
    sorry nightz.png
    I had a lecture to rewatch so I decided to bring 3 mules into nib for a runback solo attempt featuring a bit more range and actual buffs this time. Notable things:
    - This is a body 1 dpm 10 after the body had ran out of mp to summon Maverick V. Although the extra summons could potentially lead to a higher dpm overall, without an efficient way to keep the summons from casting blind or hitting me with a stun or super kb made them more likely to make me lose dpm. I imagine partying with an I/L and doing a dpm 10 on body spawn would maximize dpm overall as the extremely slow summon cast can extend time between weapon cancels.
    - This should be close to max efficiency gaviota and octopi use with 100% boat uptime. I might be able to squeeze a little bit more dpm out by paying attention, but I can't be bothered to solo this with buffs again
    - Could have done about 4-5% more before the patch as this boss gains no benefit from removing the sitting bug, but I wouldn't have the additional range from event equips so I'll consider that even.
    - Was it worth it? No. I got trash drops.

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Paxill

Paxill Mushmom

Apr 16, 2020
    Male
    JoeWick
    Bishop, Bowmaster, Corsair
    Toad Body 1 DPM 10 (Echo, HT Buff, MW30, SE, SI):
    Toad deepwood.png

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Dunas Unit DPM 3 (Echo, MW30, SE, SI, Cider):
    dunas_unit.PNG

Dunas was being aggro'd on the left by a mule while the rest of us were on right so no dpm inefficiencies were introduced via having to separate Dunas from the Unit. Paladin was also making use of magnet whenever ship would move too far left from getting kb'd so I didn't have to make use of any snatches. Just spammed orb when I was out of ST since barrage can't normally reach ship unless it moves close enough to right platform.

Dunas 2 Body DPM 10 (Echo, MW30, SE, SI, Cider):
    dunas.PNG

First time running Dunas 2 with a BM and hamstring makes the run much more chill. Paladin was also doing the pinning so I was free to spam demo during ST, otherwise I normally wouldn't be able to get off any demos without the risk of Dunas breaking through the front lines.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  19. Joy Celeste

Joy Celeste Mushmom

Nov 11, 2021
    Female
    Celeste
    Dummy DPM 1 (Echo, MW29, SE29, SI, Cider, Diamond Arrows): 4.86m

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Aufheben DPM 40 (Echo, MW30/20, SI, 1 Apple + Cider):
    dpm40.PNG

Not a particularly strong showing; was on pinning duty the entire time. Appled once during second wave summon during which I tried to sneak in as many demos and DS as I could on summon while keeping boss pinned. Didn't have MW30 during the summon phases and didn't get any shields. We had smoke but I didn't feel it was particularly impactful.

• Like Like x 1