1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Drop Rate on Pieces of Time

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by RT, Nov 18, 2020.

1. RT

RT Slime

Nov 23, 2019
    8:31 PM
    I/L Wizard, I/L Arch Mage
    I’m curious if it’s ever been confirmed that mage ultimates have a lower drop rate for certain items.
    I’ve been trying to farm pieces of time on my mage with a friend playing his DK.
    Despite killing 3-4x the mobs As him, I only found 2 pieces across 6 hours while he found 15.
    This is not a complaint, I’m just wondering if I’m wasting my time trying to do this with a mage? This spread seems too wide to be a coincidence and I have other characters I could use if it made more sense.

Ty

2. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    1:31 AM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    If your DK friend is finding 2/3 pieces per hour then I think he's very very lucky.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    RT

RT Slime

Nov 23, 2019
    I/L Wizard, I/L Arch Mage
    I thought so too... but it’s pretty consistently 1-3 per hour across a long sample size

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cascades

Cascades Slime

Jul 2, 2020
    Male
    5:31 PM
    Cascades, Crater
    Hero
    Homies
    I can't find the post, but it has at least been confirmed that different skill types have different drop rates.

And I think if the above is true, you can easily infer that mage ultimates would have the lowest skill drop rates. Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    12:31 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    What’s definitely confirmed is that single target skills have a higher droprate than multi target skills. Beyond that is anyone’s trial and error and guessing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I've gone about 10+ hours on my mage and can 1 hit on green and red, and only have 4 PoT... i've heard that the mage drop rate nerf doesn't affect etc's but that might be false.

upload_2020-11-18_16-53-41.png

Also can anyone confirm whether oblivion monk trainee drops PoT? it's not listed. I definitely spent a good 5 hours here and didn't notice this exclusion.

Even if mage's droprates are nerfed here, it shouldn't be that much lower...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    9:31 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Just wanna say that there's never been any official confirmation about our drop rates :p everything has generally been guesses by players~

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    8:31 AM
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    Being unlucky is not a bug is confirmed by the staff.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    2:31 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    It's a feature.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    I think I've spent about 8 hrs clearing ToT rooms on my bucc and only found 2 PoTs. Pls rename to PoS ty

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    From player testing there's a well-evidenced and widely held belief that event currencies have varying drop rates related to different skills and/or classes. That's about the extent to which people have understood drops.

How that relates to other drops is still a mystery among the player base, and I don't believe there's any information regarding the subject confirmed by staff. It's still something I've personally noticed is untested, which seems to be the answer to all of these threads. If there's a connection between event rates and normal drop rates it hasn't been properly tested by anyone, which leads to mostly hearsay, and most of staff are unwilling to share what they know.(Which I agree with, I'd rather not have players concerned with drops when making their class choices, it shoehorns in more metas)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    2:31 AM
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk