1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Energy Orb,Chain Lightning and HT Hitbox.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KurayamiLove, Oct 5, 2020.

1. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    1:26 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Hello there fellow Arhcmages(I/L) I would like to ask you something.
    I have tried the skill Energy Orb from buccaneer on certain bosses and on regular mobs, it works similar to the skill Chain Lighting that is why I want to ask you about it.
    For some reason in HT is hard or imposible to hit more than one part with it, it doesnt event go from wings to arms, in Zakum arms you can hit up to 2 arms with it and in regular mobs it goes crazy, it even can go down in paltforms in skelegon maps (my record is 2 platforms down). How does Chain Lighting work on those situations, does it has more range? the damage loss is the same (2/3 reduction on orb)?
    Let me know, than yo ufor your time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    7:26 PM
    iPippy
    Here's the knowledge I have about these skills. Neither orb nor chain lightning will bounce between parts in HT, with the exception being any part to the tail. You can actually get the 2nd hit from any part of HT to hit the tail (yes, even midhead->tail). My fan-theory is that some sort of "effect boxes" are overlapped for all the parts minus the tail, preventing the bounce and could be why bishops have to dispel from the floor. Though I heard recently that at least recent GMS versions have chain lightning working on HT parts, so it *could* be a bug that just hasnt been formally reported/investigated yet.

Energy Orb also doesnt have a 66% damage retention like AyumiLove or other formulas list. Its actually a 50%(!) damage reduction per enemy hit. Is this a bug or "GMS like"? No idea. I'm not sure if the chain lightning damage decay is correct at the listed 70% damage retention, but I've not heard anything of it.

• Informative Informative x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    The formula at ayumilove is:
    Chain Lightning: 0.7 ^ (ordinal number of hit - 1)
    Cumulative damage = 3.333 * (1 - 0.7 ^ (total number of hits))

Energy Orb: 2/3 ^ (ordinal number of hit - 1)
    Cumulative damage = 3 * (1 - (2/3) ^ (total number of hits))

So im not sure if It needed a fix. I mostly use orb as a 1v1 skill but this could be a neat adition.
    HT hitbox is very weird and I would like to know if the velopers know about how It actually works. The thing is that HT has a hitbox in the midle that certain skills must hit to work (dispel,power crash,threaten,etc) I wonder if that hitbox is what orb looks for instead of the others when It bounces and the only parts that are touching that hitbox are the tail and miedos head.
    This skill is still a 1v1 skill for bucc and a decent skill to mob with if you combo with dragon strike, but damn the wonyness of the hitboxes and how the skill worked got me curious to ask ppl about It.
    Thnaks for the details tho

4. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I wonder how cool It would be if orb and lightning went nuts on HT and Zak arms, hitting everything. They lose dmg for every bounce so is not op

5. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    8:26 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    So I looked into this actually and since ayumilove's post is from mid 2009, its actually not v62 accurate. It's the closest we usually get to the actual formulas though. But from looking at 2008 clips from ayumilove
    [​IMG]
    It doesn't seem to be 2/3 or 0.7 for CL. I think it's the same case for orb, seeing that their formulas on ML are quite similar iirc.

P.S. Sorry for the oversized screenshot T-T

6. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Interesting both seem to lose half damage for every bounce. Any clue about the range? I think it may be most likely how big bosses with multiple parts are aranged.

7. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    8:26 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Not entirely sure about the range part I'm afraid :( but if I summon a horntail left head and right head in the same spot it looks like how it would on the normal horntail map... so it might be with them being all in the same place? :confused: but really just speculating here... I'm not sure how the code for this works (or any code for that matter xD)

8. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    What is a fact is that all HT parts converge on the middle but there is no hurtbox beside the legs there. Seems that certain skills must follow that middle box (dispell,threaten,etc..) including skills that link hit to hit. Now I have more questions: Do sumons manage to hit more than one part ar the time with these hitboxes? I remeber seing a bahamut not hitting the left head at all even tho the bishop was near, and once It was very close it hit the middle head (the same that orb has no issue targeting).