1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug Horntail skill cooldowns (?) bug

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by DrChuchu, Jun 19, 2021.

1. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    8:47 AM
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): Some of Horntail's skill casting cooldowns/behaviors appear to have changed.

1. All heads (pre-head and main heads) alternate between magic cancel and weapon cancel almost guaranteed.
    2. Right arm seems to cast way more status effects (150 ACPs used per run compared to 40-60)
    What is supposed to happen?: Magic/weapon cancels before seemed to be mostly random, usually no discernable pattern. Also right arm shouldn't be casting status effects so often.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: After 2-3 main body heads simultaneously alternated between weapon and magic cancel for basically the whole second half of the run. For second run, I took note of all the weapon/magic cancels and all but 4-5 consecutive cancels were alternating.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Go into horntail, and voila, slammed by Scarga-style HT. Channel 5 HT run if it makes a difference.
    Extra information (optional): Heard from another group that their run took unusually long, nearly having to resort to extra damage pots.

• Funny Funny x 8
  2. Dcon

Dcon Slime

May 12, 2020
    8:47 PM
    DconW
    Corsair
    DuckNation
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    5:47 AM
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    Not a bug, it's as intended

4. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    10:47 PM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    gg another cleave nerf

5. OP
    OP
    DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Ah I see, it's intended. I don't think it's good for the boss though. I mean, unless the intention was for it to become scar :shrugs:

EDIT: it's not funny guys, first the shadow star fix and now this

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    9:47 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    The intended thing was for it to cast its skills, rather than spamming its attacks. Which is what would result in HT not casting seduce or dispel for long periods of time. Same thing with DR for PB.

If there's any suggestions to make HT and or scar not alternate cancels but still keep the casting skills change, we'd love to hear it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    9:47 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    I'm not joking but would it be possible to have cancels gone forever and reduce the timers of these bosses? something like 1~1.5 hr HT timer without cancels

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    6:32 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    ^ THAT WOULD BE AMAZING..

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Use1essC0W

Use1essC0W Slime

Sep 1, 2020
    Male
    8:47 PM
    Use1essC0W
    Buccaneer
    1. put more RNG to the cancels procs.
    2. increase cancels skill cooldown.
    3. a combination of 1. and 2.

Best:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    9:47 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I was big anti of 1hr HT timer meme but I should admit, I can't opposite this awesome idea lol +1

11. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    I'd imagine simply adding a longer cooldown to the skills would increase uptime of each head not being in the matching cancel and (more importantly) decrease the chances of triple head cancels. Cancels arent the epitome of game design (even turning cancel into half damage would at least feel more engaging), but ht was probably the boss that it felt the most interactive for with multiple other things to hit. If there were a lower chance of triple head cancel syncing up for an entire run or even some logic to practically prevent it, itd probably go a long way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    I 100% agree about the topic of interaction with HT and probably should make a separate thread about it.

With HT right now, the chance of all active head cancels is pretty high, and with the chance of arms in mass sed range, there's more standing around and less interaction than there was before.

It's the same reason why I can't stand running scar is because half the time, you're standing around doing nothing while waiting for weapon cancel to come off. At least with zak, there's chances of low amount of weapon cancels that will make the run go by quickly

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    1:47 PM
    As much as I support the idea of no cancels, I cannot get behind it in HT when you’re able to cleave multiple heads and other limbs as a cleaver. If cancels are removed cleave will get buffed to the heavens as cleaving 2 heads is more dmg than a ranged attacker hitting one head.

Edit: there needs to be a balance between too many cancels (like now) and no cancels at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    10:47 PM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Change weapon & magic cancel to damage reflect

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    range already dominates in every other boss. can't cleaves have just one non-useless niche? :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Replace all weapon cancels/magic cancels with a low-damage weapon/magic damage reflect that's only a few seconds long :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It would be adequately random again if each cancel only had a 60-70% chance of going through and otherwise poofing. Most other skills have a chance of failure, like dispel and applying debuffs.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    3:47 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    and no dispels to !