1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thief I am lvl 30, I did not know that I had to do the 1 job at lvl 10 and I continued lvl I reached lvl 3

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by savoy, Jan 15, 2021.

1. savoy

savoy Snail

Dec 7, 2020
    Male
    5:24 AM
    I am lvl 30, I did not know that I had to do the 1 job at lvl 10 and I continued lvl I reached lvl 30 I did the 1 job and I do not have the points of the 1 job?

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    2:24 AM
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    First: congratulations on reaching level 30 as a beginner as a new player; that's actually kinda amazing. Second, I'm not sure why you did not receive the 1st job points; I was fairly certain that if you job advance late (e.g as a mage might at level 10 instead of 8), you still get your points. My guess is that this has something to do with how they coded SP awards with thresholds at 8, 30, 70, and 120 (the levels of job advancement).

In my opinion, it might be easier to make a new character, as it is certainly not going to be easy or quick to fix your character. I know you probably spent ALOT of time reaching level 30 on your first character, but don't be discouraged, there are a lot of resources to help you get back to level 30. I personally recommend my own guide on how to level from 1-35 quickly.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-for-1-35-in-under-6-hours.29751/#post-246288

This guide is all about doing quests, and is accessible to every player! Just follow it carefully and it shouldn't take too long.

Also, I know it might feel like you messed up really badly, but in truth, a lot of players reach very high levels (70+ easily) before realizing the scope of their early mistakes in the game. I highly recommend looking into a guide for the job path you're thinking of before you start. Good guides will warn you about all the late-game pitfalls (HP is a concern for every job), and also let you know whether or not you should be concerned about it if you're not aiming for end-game.

For new players, the best characters to make as your first character are any warrior, any mage, or a bandit. Warriors and mages can basically be geared towards late-game builds at any level, and a bandit can be made late-game ready starting quite late if you decide you want to take it late-game. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    When you open your skill points page, there should be tabs at the top for different job classes. Did you check the tab marked "I" for your points? They would not appear on the previous tab and I believe it defaults you at the last tab you were on.
    upload_2021-1-15_12-24-0.png

If you still don't have the points, you can always open a Char Issue thread and explain the situation there. That thread is reviewed by the GMs who can assist with correcting the action, or provide you with better direction.
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?forums/character-issues.94/

4. ogslin

ogslin Blue Snail

Mar 30, 2021
    Male
    2:24 AM
    Atrium
    Cleric
  5. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    ML has a system to automatically reimburse skill points if you job advance after the level you're supposed to do, but you don't get points reimbursed if you reach 2 needed job advancements (ex: doing 2nd job advancement at lvl 70 - reached 2nd/3rd advancement).

savoysavoy your best bet is to make a thread at https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?forums/character-issues.94/ and hope you can get ahold of a GM to help you. Put your character name, issue, and your available time and timezone. Be detailed so that GMs don't need to ask you questions, which will help your ticket to resolve faster.

• Like Like x 1