1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Is DEXless Sin + HP Challenges viable unfunded?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by AliasIsJay, Feb 1, 2024.

Should I go full DEXless or do what the guides say?

1. Full DEXless

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Follow the Guides, a.k.a Low DEX

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. AliasIsJay

AliasIsJay Slime

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    7:38 AM
    Assassin
    Hey guys, I played on this server around 2017 for a short time and haven't been on it since.

I'm trying to figure out if trying to make a DEXless (Stays DEXless forever) sin and using the hp challenges instead of full on HP washing is a viable option, especially that I'm unfunded and don't have much vote cash stored up (just under 100k). My only aim with this character is fun with some friends of mine I brought to the server and maybe a few bosses but I'm not planning on going end game.

I want to feel like I'm actually doing some damage rather than tickling the enemy or being too squishy that I get 2 touch K.O.-ed from touching mobs while training.

Most of the guides I see are saying that I should go up to a certain amount of DEX, I think the highest I saw said 80-100 depending on equips. Should I even pursue dexless or should I just do what they're saying?

If someone could give me a relatively detailed explanation on which is best in my case, I would deeply appreciate that.<3

The main guide I'm using just for going NL: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/bunniescools-hermit-guide.12263/

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    12:38 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Mage
    Pasta
    ignore guides, just go full dexless

dex and luk are the same thing so just build luk on your gears. it's ok to have higher base dex

3. Tarnished

Tarnished Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    10:38 PM
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    I would add/remove dex as you need it, no reason to hard commit to a build like OG maple for some number of reasons

Dexless is really strong at sub-100 levels because Maple Weapons are crazy strong. By lv.100 though most folk would aim to wear Red Craven since that's the earliest big boy claw. It's okay if you over-add DEX just to wear it

4. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Wait what

Isn’t the point of dexless to have no added base dex

5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Mage
    Pasta
    i assume he's low level, no loss to add dex later on

6. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Ah okay I see sort of. I assumed dexless meant they stayed dexless forever

7. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Mage
    Pasta
    d3x1355 4 3VA

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    AliasIsJay

AliasIsJay Slime

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Assassin
    I did mean to stay dexless forever, but I guess best sin build is generally around 80-100 DEX for craven.
    Thank you<3

9. OP
    OP
    AliasIsJay

AliasIsJay Slime

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Assassin
    I guess that makes sense yeah, Craven is a pretty hefty power spike if I remember correctly. I think I'll follow the guides like you're saying, go up to Cravens DEX required.
    Thank you<3

10. OP
    OP
    AliasIsJay

AliasIsJay Slime

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Assassin

This is actually really helpful, thank you very much <3