1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping white scrolls in Inventory is risky

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by farys77, Jan 3, 2022.

1. farys77

farys77 Orange Mushroom

May 29, 2019
    Female
    12:51 AM
    farys77
    Cleric
    cornbread
    I know you can no longer store white scrolls In storage, can something be done about this??

Having white scrolls in inventory when you're scrolling something else just makes this super risky and you're bound to use a white scroll by accident.

Also if they can be sold to an npc that has more risks as you may accidently npc your scroll because there's nowhere else for it to go.

Can white scrolls be enabled to be placed into storage?

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    9:51 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Hmm. I thought you would be able to at least put them into your storage. With a quick check, it seems like you can't since they don't show up in your inventory at all.

I guess this means I'm hoarding gach on my sweepers indefinitely until this is resolved.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    6:51 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    This is in my opinion a rather big issue for anyone that has interest in using their obtained WS in the near future that they have gotten through gacha / event. Trading it back to coins solves the issue but leaves you with a big net loss and thus a terrible workaround. Some kind of WS storage would very much be appreciated whether or not they'd be able to transfer them to mules on the same account is not really a big deal either imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    1:51 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela

5. Lynx

Lynx Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    7:51 AM
    Beginner
    Looking at it from a different perspective;
    For those who want to use the white scrolls, you can argue that by putting them in storage they put themselves at risk of forgetting to take them back when scrolling, much like the risk of "accidental use", so I would argue these risks counter-balance each other.

For those who are going to sell, then just melt into a pouch and its not an issue.

**NOTE: This is just my personal take, NOT an official staff response

• Disagree x 55
    • Great Work x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    This is just assuming people have no brain at all, not thinking in solutions to an actual issue

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Then people who 'accidentally use' also have no brain, its the same thing

• Disagree Disagree x 26
  8. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    If you actually think it's equally as likely that you forget you have x amount of WS waiting for you when you want to finish your weapon as using one WS by accident when you get some random equip you want to throw a scroll on then sure...

Also, forgetting you have WS doesn't mean that any value is lost. unlike accidental usage

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    forgetting your WS and you accidentally ruin your 2bil worth weapon is preferable to accidental use of a single WS.
    Anyways my point was just there's another perspective to loot at it.

• Disagree Disagree x 16
  10. OP
    OP
    farys77

farys77 Orange Mushroom

May 29, 2019
    Female
    farys77
    Cleric
    cornbread

I have kept my ws in storage for over 1 years and never forgot to take them out before using. However I totally forgot I had ws in my inventory today which I almost used when scrolling a crappy glove. I couldve easily hit yes or enter in a hurry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    That much is really all about getting used to a change

• Disagree Disagree x 8
  12. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I think we should be able to store ws just because it's more annoying to scroll items with a ws in your inventory. There's an added step now of having to decline the ws each time a scroll is used which isn't a huge deal but is just extra now. Of course you can use legendary spirit skill but then there's a wait time of using the scroll. Just seems overall kind of "buggy" and not as efficient as storing ws for future use.

• Agree Agree x 10
  13. 8TEEN

8TEEN Pink Teddy

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    12:51 PM
    Macbeth, Viona, Torrie, Wilson
    Paladin, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    If white scrolls get NPC-ed, its on the player.
    If we scroll an item without using WS, its also the player's responsibility.
    Similarly, shouldn't we have the option to decide where to have these scrolls safely stored and when to retrieve it?

As an active player, the odds of NPCing a ws is definitely higher than forgetting to retrieve WS out from the bank.
    I think OP's concerns are valid.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    1:51 AM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    Not actually, the decision of using a WS is very specific and much rarer since its an expensive item, so it is really difficult to someone forgetting to use it when needed.
    But if we constantly have to deal with remembering we have an WS on our inventory when scrolling literally ANYTHING the odds of using it by mistake is much higher, since many people scroll non "WSable" things much often

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    11:51 PM
    Storing such a high value item in one's personal storage should be a possibility. I don't think forgetting to use a WS is *directly equivalent* to accidental usage by no means, so this issue should be addressed in the near future.

16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    There is no logical reason one should not be able to store their white scrolls into their own storage outside of it being difficult to implement/develop. If it’s a simple implementation, players should have the option to do so and staff should consider it a priority since it’s a pretty big nuisance.

Trying to play devils advocate and justify it is a fruitless endeavor.

• Agree Agree x 10
  17. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    12:51 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    This is really just a QoL thing. I feel that this is an overlook when making WS untrable, untradable items are not able to be storage.
    There might need to be a bit more custom codes to make it storageable and untradeable.

Maybe just disable the whole "do you want to use a WS" thingy box when you scrolling directly on an equiped item annd make WS only able to be used with legendary spirit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    IMO the simplest implementation would be to swap out all WS/CS rewards to that of 100 prestigious coins. Getting taxed up to 20% of your reward just because you want to sell/transfer/not accidentally use it doesn't make sense.

19. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    So now you’re forcing all inexperienced players to “get used” to the popup whether they want to use a white scroll? Enjoy the poorly translated char issue reports from people who didn’t understand the message, not to mention panic clicks

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Chill mate, all I wanted was to show the other side of the coin which is easily overlooked in this case and promote further discussion.
    A lot of very good points have been brought up which is exactly what a discussion is meant to do.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1