1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of scrolls

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zeretius, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    1:27 PM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Hear me out on this one, I'm currently a 139 bowmaster not many people are at the peak of the game as i am and as a high level i have very few things left to do in the game and they are:

1. Boss
    2. Scroll end game eqps
    3. reach 200.

the one i will be focusing on here is #2, Now scrolling end game gear on legends is going to be literally next to impossible unless the off chance you grind the materials for a nice dragon shiner, roll a 105 attk clean, then land 7 30%'s on it.. this is an extremely low chance.

My point: with the lack of players on maplelegends compared to GMS when it was live, can we get something to make up for the lack of white scrolls, chaos scrolls, even certain 60/30% scrolls?

Example(white scrolls, these are not the actual drop rates):

In GMS if the player base was 100,000 and they all gached @ a 1% chance of obtaining a white scroll, there would potentially be 1,000 white scrolls roaming around the server, For players that are focusing on end game items this is great.

now in MapleLegends if 100 people from our server gached @ 1% chance we would only have 1 potential white scroll on the server...

I know you guys still have a lot on your plate with ToT and Magatia release also majority of the player base is not thinking "end game" yet but i guess its something to think about for future players obtaining this goal.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    You should update the stats under your name :3
    On a serious note tho, white scrolls should be hella rare imo. They give you the ability to scroll perfect items. That shouldn't come easily or cheap.
    I totally get the idea of not wanting 1 white scroll per 200 active users or whatever, but if they become too available too quick it'll cause inflation for way more than just white scrolls.
    My2ยข

3. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
    +1 i strongly agree i thing it should be 3-4% i think that sounds more reasonable

4. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    6:27 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Potentially put it as a drop from zakum / bosses? Rare drop, but possible... just an idea.

Edit:

This would also give us who have already got all we need from zak, another reason to go apart from to help others get what they need. It would add an endless need to zakum = Better imo.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  5. TweedleDeem

TweedleDeem Orange Mushroom

Jun 24, 2015
    12:27 PM
    Twedle
    Priest
    Evolution
    I agree with Aero. No normal bosses but zakum would be a perfect boss to put it in. Granted I'm not sure if we want zakum runners to get richer and richer, but I'm okay with high levels getting white scroll as a chance reward.

6. OP
    OP
    Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    This is actually a great idea, +1 this also gives incentive for people to keep doing zak. I have a couple people that have gotten there skills already and zhelm and now zak is pointless so they dont do it xD

7. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Haha, just edited my post with this before I saw you wrote it.. great minds bro.

8. OP
    OP
    Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Hmm i was thinking what about a boss kill point system, get a certain about of boss kill points everytime you kill high end bosses and a vendor sells rare untradeable scrolls for a certain amount of boss kill points?

9. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Feels too V117 like. I think as a rare drop keeps its more.. V62. plus that would kill the market for scrolls, due to not being able to trade them.

10. TweedleDeem

Jun 24, 2015
    Twedle
    Priest
    Evolution
    I'm not sure about that for white scrolls, perhaps for other things but that would allow groups of 30 people to get white scrolls over and over. albeit after some time but it would stack up fast.

11. Brice

Brice Stone Golem

May 16, 2015
    Male
    7:27 PM
    Sharp
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    What's up with everybody always wanting to be super godly ._. Reason for me quiting royals is because there are too many people with whitescrolled equips, it got boring to see everyone in my guild with a perfect weapon. I understand your idea and thoughts over going through endless hours of trying to perfect gear with 30s because of the lack of people. But I personally like it this way. Keep the challenge inside :>

• Like Like x 5
  12. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    10:27 AM
    NSFW
    no no no no no no no no no no dear god no point systems
    i like the idea of white scroll dropping from zakum at a (very) low rate though.

13. OP
    OP
    Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Yea maybe i was thinking a little unclear but a low drop from zak/ht would be awesome, what do you guys think maybe even lower chance from pap, pianus,bf, anego?

14. sara

sara Horny Mushroom

Apr 24, 2015
    Female
    sara/cuddles
    Bishop
    i would love to see them drop from zak+HT, but not from pap, pianus, bf, or anego. i think we should discourage being able to solo farm them.

15. TweedleDeem

Jun 24, 2015
    Twedle
    Priest
    Evolution
    Agree with Sara. Those other bosses are a tad weak.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:27 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    lol could you imagine Adobis standing outside the Zakum gate.

click option "I want to receive a white scroll."

"If you can defeat zakum 200 more times for me, then I will give you a white scroll."

OnionMercy

• Like Like x 2
  17. Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    7:27 PM
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    Am I the only one who thinks normal scrolls are lacking? There are not very many 30s and 70s of the most popular scrolls and 60s doesn't even exist...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Tbh id like to see bosses like zakum dropping white/chaos scrolls also, at a low rate ofc. Atm there is no end game content and doing endless amounts of zak runs for no reason is kinda pointless.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    As i said previously, make zakum / horntail drop white scrolls / chaos at the rate of zerk20 / tt10. They're both a good example of rare items on a drop rate point of view, so make them the same?

20. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    TT10 has been buffed, saw quite a few drop in my last runs, i was thinking even rarer since you dont wanna see chaos scrolls flooding market either