1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of scrolls

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zeretius, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Everyone

Everyone Mano

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    12:12 AM
    Everyone
    White Knight
    Evolution
    Not to be rude about it, but this argument doesn't make much sense. I understand that making chaos/whites a drop from every monster would make it "farmable", but can't you say the same exact thing for killing Zakum? Zakum is farmable too, just at a completely different level and only for higher level players.

2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    10:12 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    @Nikki@Nikki I think I should point out that since all PQs have level requirements (that or being married) that... NO, it does not give everyone a fair shot. But here's another way of looking at things: when players join the server, everyone has a fair shot at making their characters strong and getting involved in bossing.

Also, please don't get sidetracked by names and perceived insults. What I said is 100% true. There's absolutely no reason to complain about this. If this was ever implemented into the game, the only legitimate concerns should be that it makes godly gears too easy to come by. Any argument about "unfairness" is rubbish.

If you want to talk about encouraging server growth, stifling a certain sect of the player base - particularly the ones that have put forth the most effort and have been here the longest - is not the way to do it. Instead, you should create opportunities and incentives to continue to play.

This is what happens typically in most MMOs. And it's not necessarily a bad thing. The more powerful your character becomes, the more wealth you tend to generate, and the faster you can rack up exp.

And there really isn't any mechanics in place that screw over high level players, such as getting less exp the higher level you are compared to a mob's level, so as it stands, players who join the server 2 months after the first players will always be 2 months behind. It's not fair to either party to try and equalize things and try to let the newer players "catch up".

Adding in white or chaos scrolls from zakum drops at like 1/500 chance isn't a "massive advantage". It just isn't. All it is is an incentive to keep killing zakum even though you might not want or need anything else it drops.

I don't really care about players who quit just because there's too many pro players. I can understand quitting because the game is too easy. I can understand quitting because everyone is a jerk, or because gameplay was unfair.. for instance, high level players being cheaters or were able to take advantage of huge opportunities that no longer exist.

However, players that simply quit for the stated reason are just doing it from ego because they know they won't be on the top rankings.

Ok, explain something. How do other people going on zakum runs prevent you from going on zakum runs? They can't. So therefore there is no monopolization. Also, how can people buy something that simply isn't available in the market? Being rich and high level can only do so much. You can be the richest player ten times over on the server, but that doesn't mean anything if the item you want simply isn't available for purchase.

3. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    11:12 PM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    You are either missing or ignoring my point. All of the PQ's I suggested don't have any sort of requirement.. As you said, NX is welfare.. welfare is how you get married.. equal..

Furthermore, Henesys PQ is 10-200, and is more beneficial the higher the player (unless their is a lurer, of course). The innovation/creation of a PQ idea also wouldn't have a level requirement due to that not fitting the mold of my idea.

Giving that opportunity only to characters who have poured 100s of hours into grinding isn't a 'fair shot,' especially when taking into consideration new players join the server everyday.

I'm not here to judge, but your rebuttals to all three of the posts with opposing ideas didn't really make much sense

4. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Not everyone wants to be married. Also. Did you really just imply white scrolls should come from Henesys PQ? OnionXD

5. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    But everyone can be married within 6 or so days. Yes, what is so silly about that as long as they are at a lowrate? Is it simply just because you/others would rather grind for chaos/white scrolls doing something that you'd like to do? aaaaand is currently slightly privatized? Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. Read my above posts about helping/meeting low levels possibly strengthening the community and community retention.

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The thing is, Henesys PQ is very repetitive and very easy. And I'm sure if this idea was implemented, there will be people who constantly farm it. But all this will do is encourage people to do something that drives them insane. They'll probably wind up quitting. Also, you know what I would do if I was browsing through servers and heard you could obtain white scrolls from HPQ? I would continue down the list of servers and avoid that one like the plague.

Strengthening community would be encouraging players to band together and accomplish a difficult task. Improving player retention would be along the lines of giving incentive to keep playing and getting stronger. The obvious answer of how to make available an extremely valuable end-game item that is useful only to high level players is to make those players the ones who have the means of obtaining it.

I mean, this is in relation to the other discussions we've had about making gash items available in ways that just aren't a daily slot machine. When talking about items as good as white scrolls and chaos scrolls, it's the only way that seems appropriate and makes sense.

7. TweedleDeem

TweedleDeem Orange Mushroom

Jun 24, 2015
    Twedle
    Priest
    Evolution
    I'm okay with people farming Hpq. It'd be hilarious.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Its simply an example of an 'equal playing field' type of suggestion i'm advocating. I don't think whatever gives chaos/white scrolls should be easy, but their aren't many things that provide for the type of equal opportunity something as valuable as those items requires for equality that exist in this version of the game. New PQ styled methods of equal item introduction can quite easily be developed, providing you have the right type of creative person developing it. A server like this would have no problem attracting a developing like that to work on a pq for 'farming' chaos/white scrolls, imo. Farming isn't really a bad thing as long as its semi-entertaining and equal. I think HPQ is semi-entertaining tbh.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  9. stormyarise

stormyarise Mano

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Shadower
    You are saying that everyone in the server is able to kill zakum when clearly that is not true. Therefore, it will be monopolized by higher level people. The people who are High level already have an advantage where their skills are far superior than the lower level skills. Why should we allow them to benefit even more by giving them white scrolls to reach their end game gear faster too? White scrolls are only used as protection when using 30% scrolls. Why should the high level people be the only one benefiting from being able to do zakum runs. Just because you cannot buy white scrolls because they're rare doesn't mean you cannot make your end game gear you can buy enough 30% scrolls and still reach your goal of getting an end game gear. There is a reason why white scrolls should be super rare, it is because it will bring overpower gears faster because you are taking away the risk factor when scrolling. With the addition of more white scrolls for higher level people, they will require less scrolls to buy to reach their end game gear. This will cause demand for scrolls to go down so how is this going to be beneficial.

The Item that you want available doesn't provide any stats whatsoever. IT ONLY PROVIDES PROTECTION and if your so rich you can buy enough scrolls to make your end game gear without the use of white scroll. There shouldn't be more white scrolls available just because people who are high level want an easier way to scroll their end game gears because white scrolls take away from the risk associated with scrolling. Therefore, shouldn't be obtain through bosses where only a selective few can do.

10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    No. What I'm saying is that everyone has the opportunity to level their characters up and then have the ability to kill zakum. It takes time and effort, but you know the people who have been killing zakum now? They've been here for months.

I got a really simple answer for you, buddy. Because they're the ones killing zakum, and people who don't contribute anything deserve nothing.

There's also a limit on the mundane kinds of scrolls available too, you know. An extremely rich person can probably buy every claw scroll on the server, but statistically speaking, they'd need to buy way more before they'd ever get a perfect weapon. Way more than could possibly exist in the game. Also, if said rich person did this, prices would drastically hyperinflate.

11. stormyarise

stormyarise Mano

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Shadower
    Just because some people cannot kill zakum right now doesn't mean they're not contributing more or less to the server. If you put white scrolls in zakum runs the higher level people can just sell white scrolls and chaos scrolls in their runs too. I mean they're already selling zhelm and skills book might as well allow them to sell chaos scrolls and white scrolls right? Sucks to be unable to kill zakum right? just buy it off someone who can? Is that really fair? Lets give higher level people more incentive to stay and make profit whereas for all the low level people you don't deserve anything cause you just started or your not leveling fast enough so you don't contribute to us

12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    And just what do you mean by "contributing to the server"? Like, just because you log in a few hours a day, it doesn't mean you're entitled to my items and exp when I put in the effort to kill mobs. And likewise, just because you're among the population of the server, it doesn't mean you have the right to receive any benefit from killing a high level boss when you can't even deal 1 HP of damage or even set foot near it.

Is it fair if I can farm 30% dagger and claw scrolls and beginners can't? You bet your ass it's fair.

See what I'm talking about? Whine whine whine. Whining that high level players can actually use their abilities and gain something from it, rather than looking at yourself and trying to make your own character stronger so you can do the same.

13. stormyarise

stormyarise Mano

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Shadower
    First of all, giving my thoughts as to why white scrolls shouldn't be implement isn't whining about high level. I don't see why you are trying to say your character is stronger than mine. My character is already strong enough to do zakum run. Just because I am able to do zakum runs doesn't mean I am in favor of this implementation. Contribution? So coordinating to you the higher level you are means more contribution? I am far higher level than you are so does that mean I have contributed more than you? Clearly, you are just ignoring my reasoning and saying im whining about high level. Which doesn't even make sense cause I am one of the high level people you are refering to. So am i whining to myself?

14. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I'm not ignoring your "reasoning". I asked you pretty directly what you meant by "contributing to the server".

But regardless, I figured that whatever players do to "contribute", it doesn't mean they deserve items they did not work for nor earn.

15. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    There are already a specific set of items in this server that you have to work to have a chance to boss and earn. We are saying that these two items should not be included in that as they are of extreme value.

16. Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    6:12 AM
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    Okay, people doesn't seem to understand that low leveled players have no use of such end-game scrolls. They will just end up selling them. I mean, I'm level 52 and if I would've gotten a White/Chaos Scroll, I would just have sold it since it's a waste to use it on low level equipment, which I'm gonna replace soon. I don't think it's unfair that end-game scrolls gets added to end-game bosses.

17. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    ..theres a skill that allows you to scroll any level equipment. It requires a simple quest to be completed and existed in v62. Restricting parts of the market to a low percentage of the players discourages trade and exacerbates inequality. Due to that skill, low level players have the right to scroll that equipment just as much as high levels. So they can plan. Besides, most chaos scrollworthy items are level 50, 10, or 65

18. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    5:12 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Tbh.. People that barely play shouldn't have much impact on this decision.

Its obvious that there's a lack of scrolls. All this is merely suggesting is that we should add chaos/whites to zakum and horntail... Its not a bad idea in anyway. #doit

19. Jente

Jente Brown Teddy

May 28, 2015
    Male
    6:12 AM
    ChooChoo
    Bishop
    I would like to see Chaos scrolls and white scrolls (and maybe some 30% scrolls) from Zakum/HT but at like a very low drop rate... So it isn't the only reason people do Zakum...
    Like 1/1000 for Chaos scrolls and 1/3000 for White scrolls. Just my opinion there. :)

20. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    5:12 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    1000 / 3000?... LOL More chance of getting them out of gach bro.

I'd say a decent rate would be the same drop rate as zerk 20.