1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Balance MapleLegends!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by uwu, Sep 13, 2020.

1. uwu

uwu Mano

Sep 13, 2020
    4:12 AM
    Beginner
    Long time lurker but with all the balance changes... I think we should all get together and talk about how each class is and tell the balance team! I made a quickkk survey that everyone can maybe answer to figure out where each of the classes seem to be.

https://forms.gle/xXx3vWXEyWjpNzUo8

Let's make MapleLegends great again.

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    3:12 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    nice survey my man probably gonna be a little bias tho depending on the class you are. Personally I picked NL to be buffed and paladins to removed.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    So i tried survey and choosed my class as F/P and it started to ask I've trained BM/MM.... I'm confused.

4. WatIsDeze

WatIsDeze Horny Mushroom

May 1, 2020
    9:12 PM
    Camper
    Nvm I guess you just skip the classes you don't play

5. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    It's great already.

• Like Like x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    uwu

uwu Mano

Sep 13, 2020
    Beginner
    Thanks for the support so far guys! 16 responses and the data is really interesting. I'll post up a summary once I get a decent number of responses

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    uwu

uwu Mano

Sep 13, 2020
    Beginner
    It just goes through every single class. I just wanted to keep a reference of what class the person played.

Except the first and last section (nerfs & buffs), everything else is optional. So if you don't think you know enough about it, feel free to skip it!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    7:12 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    <insert Thanos meme>

all pepegas aside i think this is great. however i dont know much about the other classes to give an opinion on them, and even then i've only ever played maplestory for the nostalgia and casuality so i dont that deep anyway

• Like Like x 1
  9. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    12:12 PM
    Shadower > Meso Explosion/Meso Guard.
    (You max out Meso Explosion for faster training and its damage is insane.. should see other classes deal about 100k at level 80.)

Night Lord > Ninja Ambush/Ninja Storm.
    (Useless skills that Night Lords have points don't really go into this, let alone neither does Shadow Web and Shadow Meso, Instead points go into 1st job Nimble Body/Dark Sight, 2nd job Endure/Drain. Because an Assassin's job is to kill not slowdown the monster and throw your meso for damage. Ex:you have meso you throw meso you deal damage with meso.)
    Screenshot at Sep 13 20-54-14.png

Paladins > Divine Charge(Holy Charge)/Blast/Guardian(Guardian Spirit)/Magic Crash/Elemental Force/Heaven's Hammer(Sanctuary)/Advanced Charge.
    (Idk where I'm going with this part, but all they did was fixed it..)

10. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I haven't played pally and shad deep enough so I have no idea for them, but for NL, Ninja Storm is useful in some cases, for sure.
    you'll know it when you try to hunt manon, griffy, and crow as solo. I used ninja storm for such bosses really usefully.

for ninja ambush, 10/10. :D
    But I also agree on opinion like "Every skills aren't need to be equivalent and useful". even if devs try to make it all equivalent, players will findout which skill is most useful, effective, and so on, repeat, as always we have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Really looking forward to seeing the results :3 we try our best to get opinions and perspectives from various types of players (casuals, bossers, hardcore, different classes, different level ranges, etc), but the results from an in-depth survey like this would be really useful info to work on ^^

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    10:12 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    How about adding an option to rate all classes from 1-12 in different areas.

13. OP
    OP
    uwu

uwu Mano

Sep 13, 2020
    Beginner
    Do you think the existing categories are fine? I could add it at the end with the nerf/buff question. Like:

- Please rank each of the classes based on damage
    - Please rank each of the classes based on quality of life
    - Please rank each of the classes based on effort needed for results/pay off
    - Please rank each of the classes based on their grinding ability

14. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    2:12 AM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    1.5*the current rope climbing speed
    boost player speed by the minimum speed of 130% or 140% and remove speed cap
    with haste = 180%
    hog = 190%
    Silver mane = 210%
    Draco = 240%
    Reduce knockback power of mobs, and they knockback players too often which is annoying

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    10:12 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    Yes the questions are great. Its just i thought people will always want buffs for their class.
    But i think the community is honest. So nvm.
    Waiting for the results..

16. Deniz

Deniz Orange Mushroom

May 21, 2017
    Male
    Helya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Essence
    This is quite interesting. Looking forward to seeing the results! I hope people don't just vote every other class they don't play as too strong and the class they main as too weak though.

17. robert8

robert8 Mushmom

Oct 17, 2018
    Male
    UK
    8:12 PM
    Robert8
    I/L Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    True, I have never played as most of the jobs so I had no idea about that. There needs to be a N/A or something to stop people like me guessing some opinions...

18. OP
    OP
    uwu

uwu Mano

Sep 13, 2020
    Beginner
    Thanks everyone for the support! We got 55 responses now! I'm still trying to figure out how to best show everything. Maybe an imgur gallery? Or just getting the averages and putting it into just solid numbers... either way, here's some of the responses so far:

[​IMG]

Seems to be a lot of bishops, but probably since it is the most popular class out there. Other classes seem to be fairly even between 6-8 people, with the exception of Marksman and Heroes.

[​IMG]

Seems to be a pretty even split between: all equal, fp weakest, and bishop weakest. I should have used another word rather than "weak".

[​IMG]

Even though there were only like 2 Marksman mains that responded, there seems to be a lot of people that still think Marksman are lackluster and need buffs of some kind. Buccs are pretty much a given, so not that surprised. Paladins as well.

As for nerfs, I messed up and forgot to add a "no nerfs needed" part. So I think a lot of people just picked NLs when that happened, sort of skewing the numbers. Seems to me most people don't really want nerfs.

• Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    2:12 PM
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    Wow that data is really interesting, thanks for sharing all of this <3