1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

LMPQ

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Lionheart, May 3, 2015.

1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    3:19 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    So, I hear LMPQ will be changed in about a week or two. I think this is good, considering that the current system is way too easy and repetitive, and offers disproportionate rewards compared to the time and effort put in each run.

I think the staff probably feels the same way, so the only question is how will things change? I have my own suggestions, if you are open to them.

First, tauros should drop less tickets. Say, 10 each, not 50. Secondly, we'll only want to give player rewards after they collect a majority of tickets. Only needing 30 is laughable.

So I think 261 tickets will be possible if we nerf the tauros. An item reward at 200+ tickets seems more fair. Then there's the exp. I propose the formula for received exp be this:

(tickets - 100)^2 * bonus multiplier

Where bonus multiplier is greater the more time is left on the clock. Every 10 seconds left means +1% exp, so, for instance, if the party collects 261 tickets and has 5 minutes left on the clock, they get 33,697 exp.

If they collect 200 tickets and have 10 minutes left, they get 16,000 exp.

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:19 PM
    Moderator Post
    It will be changed to GMS-like, so it gives/will give less EXP than it does now.

3. driverdown

driverdown Orange Mushroom

Apr 18, 2015
    Female
    nowhere
    4:19 PM
    Falling
    Ranger
    buttstuff
    OnionPanicWAT! Now there will be overcrowding in gs2.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  4. Reckerr

Reckerr Slime

Apr 16, 2015
    Male
    5:19 PM
  5. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Unless this was already done, I don't play PQ's. Best is for Navi to answer that :S

6. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    So are you guys open to any suggestions at all, or are you just intent on sticking to it exactly as it was in GMS?

7. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Suggestions are always welcome.

8. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    interesting concept. the only reason i would prefer to stay away from timed bonus though is due to potential smuggling. players are smart when it comes to finding loopholes in the code :p

i also feel like having a set amount of tickets required works well only if there is a 100% chance that they drop. otherwise you leave it up to the random number generator gods

9. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    2:19 PM
    I would like to see this coincide with a buff to OPQ to make all 3 options (LMPQ, OPQ and grinding) viable paths to 70.

10. driverdown

Apr 18, 2015
    Female
    nowhere
    Falling
    Ranger
    buttstuff
    If it was already nerfed once, why nerf it again? :c

11. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Right. So first, all you need to do is make the tickets drop 100% of the time and make each box spawn exactly the same thing each time. Byebye random number gods (except for the rewards MapleF5).

Then to prevent smuggling, what you need to do is have the check for tickets and confiscation happen at the same time as when the players get transferred. As an added security, remove tickets when they also enter the PQ. And if that doesn't work, it should be abundantly clear you don't want smuggling, so make it against the rules.

And just to be extra safe, only grant an award up to x number of tickets (the max possible) and if there's any over, might as well send a little cheat log or something too.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    It hasnt been nerfed yet. I only announced that we would be making the adjustment after pirate pq and orbis pq were finished and could run smoothly (which is now the case). I believe I mentioned it in the monster carnival thread. changes wont be made for at least another week to give players advanced notice.

• Like Like x 1
  13. driverdown

Apr 18, 2015
    Female
    nowhere
    Falling
    Ranger
    buttstuff
    Oh..thought it was nerfed lol my bad

14. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    2:19 PM
    NSFW
    They are open to suggestions, it's just that most suggestions they get are really stupid. like some dude said that smegas should drop from monsters.
    yeah, 'cause that worked so well in Royals

• Like Like x 1
  15. Reckerr

Reckerr Slime

Apr 16, 2015
    Male
    I want to say leave it but I see that won't happen. But thats just my opinion. It keeps people motivated that theres a slightly easier way to 70(third job goal)
    But what you guys did so far was all in the right direction so I'm sure this will be too in the long run.

16. driverdown

Apr 18, 2015
    Female
    nowhere
    Falling
    Ranger
    buttstuff
  17. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    Sucks LMPQ will be getting nerfed right when I will be able to utilize it after watching everyone else cruise by the last few weeks.

Such is life!

• Like Like x 1
  18. driverdown

Apr 18, 2015
    Female
    nowhere
    Falling
    Ranger
    buttstuff
    Can you even get the equips from lmpq in this server? Seems impossible if we can get them lol maybe its just me though :p if its not possible, can you make it so that we can?

19. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Maybe tweak the rewards too such that lower number of passes = more likely to get junk and undesirable items, while higher numbers of passes means you're more likely to get valuables. That would certainly be a buff I think.

Compare 2.5 minute runs and 95% of it is junk to 8-10 minute runs (maybe even faster for pro parties!) that will get something nice 50% of the time.

20. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    5:19 AM
    Just started LMPQ and man it is OP. Thank goodness for the nerf, or else it's CPQ + LMPQ from 30~70.

Also I think rewards might already be based on number of tickets collected, seeing that everyone only does room 6 and 7, and no one has gotten equips yet (?).