1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved (Macintosh) Mac client screen freezes at zak

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by vw1274, Jul 8, 2018.

1. vw1274

vw1274 Slime

Mar 8, 2018
    Male
    9:24 PM
    MEv2 / vectory
    I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Hi - thanks for taking the time. I've been running on the new Mac client since summer event started, and had the screen freeze a lot at 2 zak runs this morning, even on lowest settings. I ran zak with no issues on the old client, even on fun runs with ~24 people. Would be fine with a hack-y solution if no clean one exists.

Detailed information is below, and thanks in advance for your help!

Problem:
    Screen freezes entirely during zak runs. The issue is most pronounced during arms, but intermittently occurs during the bodies as well (usually when the stunning pillars drop). During arms, the screen will freeze for 30 seconds to a minute at a time, update a frame, and then freeze again. During the bodies, I'll occasionally experience maybe 5 or so seconds of really low fps but it's manageable.

Background:
    I've managed to do other bosses since the new update (scar, pap, area bosses), but none as graphics-intensive as zak.

Tried gfxing and whatnot but it didn't do anything. On the second run I changed the wineskin settings to allow for fullscreen, but it seemed to have little to no effect.

In the past, I've attempted that all-mage zak run on the new Mac client right when it came out and froze the instant when arms spawned (and dced a few mins later). However, I've also gone on zak runs on the old client after that mage run with no issues (including zak runs with 24 of people).

- 2014 Macbook Air
    - 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    - 4GB RAM
    - Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
    - Running the latest version of High Sierra (10.13.5)

Possible solutions?
    Have no clue about feasibility but:

Since I didn't have problems dcing on the old client, would I be able to get the previous Mac client and throw in the new files for summer stuff?

Would wz editing things like zak's pillars/other attacks so that they're just like rectangles or something help prevent the issue?

Would really appreciate any help I can get - thank you!!

2. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    10:24 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    So it freezes, but did you end up DCing? I've gotten a few reports about the frame lag issue, and I'm working on it again to fix it. Hopefully it works out.. gosh I hate wine LOL they fix something but break soomething else always...

But for the time being, there is a way to revert back to the old settings, which I'll list out:

1. Download wineskin winery which you can download here (this should automatically start downloading when you click the link)
    2. After it finished downloading, launch the application and click the "+" sign located in the middle left of the window.

[​IMG]

3. You can choose 2.22 for full screen mode, or 1.4.1 for windowed mode, and then click download and install
    4. Find your MapleLegends application
    5. Right-click "Show Package Contents"
    6. Open Wineskin > Advanced > Tools > Change Engine Used (located on the right hand side)
    7. Now you're going to see a window that should look like this

[​IMG]

3. OP
    OP
    vw1274

vw1274 Slime

Mar 8, 2018
    Male
    9:24 PM
    MEv2 / vectory
    I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Yeah so it freezes but I didn't DC on either of the runs today (I did at the all-mage zak on v1 of the new mac client but that's prob more of an exception).

Thanks for this info! I'll let you know if anything else comes up / how it goes when I have time to run again. Really appreciate all the work you're doing on the mac side btw!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1