1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

MapleLegends web-extension

Discussion in 'Programming' started by geospiza, Feb 9, 2021.

1. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    11:26 PM
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    I built a web-extension to enhance the MapleLegends website experience. It shows server status with a plot of 7 day history and your account information if you are logged in. It also inserts a plot in the leveling history.

Here's a small video of what it does in a nutshell. Below is a screenshot of the popup (v0.2.0).

upload_2021-2-8_17-25-10.png

You can get this for Firefox and Chrome:
    The source is on Github:

Here a couple features that I want to add:
    • Have the add-on remember the last time you voted and provide a quick direct link to the voting page for your account (as long as you've logged in at least once).
    • Provide an export button for leveling data (to help crowd source information about leveling locations).
    • Use the website background and nicer looking fonts in the pop-up.
    I hope you find this useful, feel free to let me know if there are any features that you'd be interested in.

• Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    geospiza

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    I've made some updates to the web-extension that are currently in review and should be available soon (v0.3.0).

First, I made improvements to the UI. It looks pretty good now.

upload_2021-2-14_18-50-18.png

Secondly, I've added some features to the voting page. The extension will keep track of every time you visit GTOP of TOPG and store it in local history. If you are not logged in, it will give you the option manually enter an account name to vote. By default, it uses the account name of the last visit.

upload_2021-2-14_18-52-40.png

Hopefully this should make voting easier since you don't have to be logged in. This uses the urls from the Discord announcement.

Links to the changes:
    * https://github.com/geospiza-fortis/maplelegends-webext/pull/1
    * https://github.com/geospiza-fortis/maplelegends-webext/pull/2

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    This looks cool, nicely done.

But it still looks fishy to me, so I won't be using it XD

Good luck with everything and future projects.
    OnionCheer

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    geospiza

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    That's fair, software runs on trust as much as technical merit. The code is open-source and does go through a manual audit via the Firefox Addons and the Chrome Web store. The web extensions permissions model is explicit, you can see the manifest here which are the domains and permissions that it asks for during runtime.

I just want to build things and share them with the community (see owlrepo, online-users, monsterbook transcriptions, and this dataviz). No ill-intent or fishy business on my end -- I do this for fun. And it does work well (the logged-out voting, that is).

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    3:26 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    After seeing the level chart, there's actually something I'm curious is possible... A death frequency tracker. Imagine the x-axis as dates, and y-axis as # of deaths. Would be interesting to see specific clusters :eek: (might just be me) LOL but seriously great work as usual! ^^

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    geospiza

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    Plotting deaths in some way sounds interesting! I think the next version will probably include a data export (levels, deaths, fame history, cash shop purchases), so maybe worth adding a default plot for each chart, too.

• Creative Creative x 2
  7. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    7:26 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Geo you’re on a roll! Keep up the great work.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    12:26 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    DOPE
    i installed the extension pls dont hack my accounts mr geode pizza MapleF11

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1