1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Meso sink thread

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Fruc, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Fruc

Fruc Horny Mushroom

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    1:48 PM
    Here's my idea for a meso sink.

We want scrolls, we want less inflation, and this is my idea.

Have an individual account based scroll shop that resets weekly. Makes the scrolls untradeable and character bound, make scrolling for others a bannable offence (maybe account bind the scrolled equipment instead). The scrolls will increase in price each time you buy one and a weekly reset will decrease the price into a lower value but not all the way down into the base price. These prices in the shops will be account bound.

Example:

GFA 60%
    Base price - 1.5m
    Meso increase after each purchase is Base price^1.25
    so essentially the prices of GFA 60% will be 1.5m^(1.25^n) where n = the number of purchases.
    When the shop resets after a week the n value will be divide by 2 rounded to the nearest whole number.

So after buying one GFA 60% for 1.5m, the next one will be 1.66m. After buying 5 GFA 60%s the price will be 3.4m. After reset the value n=5 will be divided by 2 becoming 2.5 and rounded to 3, so the price of the GFA 60% will be 2.2m after the weekly reset.

Obviously this suggestion is probably very impractical and difficult to implement. This was only to just start a thread with the discussion.

2. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    10:48 PM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I see what you are trying to do, but I think this will make it too easy to get scrolls...

• Like Like x 2
  3. TumTum

TumTum King Slime

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Yes way to easy. Eventually the market will just die out because why would you put in effort to go to fm and buy scrolls when you can just get m at ur personal shop?
    How will GM's ban people? I think it's pretty hard to make sure that nobody scrolls for somebody else.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Another point indeed, although I think it would be pretty stupid to not allow people to sell scrolled items, cause thats basically what he is saying...

5. OP
    OP
    Fruc

Fruc Horny Mushroom

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    1 scroll a week at a reasonable price makes it too easy to get scrolls? How much are you people willing to pay for like a CFA 30%? 10m CFA 30% becomes 17.7m after just one purchase at the rate 10^(1.25^n). These numbers are dynamic. They can change just like drop rate. Base prices feels too low? Raise it. Want to limit it to 1 per week or 5 per week average? adjust the exponential increase.

You have a great chance to get 1 a week if you gach 40 ticks at kerning at the moment. Guess what that costs.... 0 mesos. Raise the prices even more if you feel that it's too easy to get scrolls. I'm only thinking to individualize them, so they'll sink the mesos of the target groups. The people with lots of mesos and nothing on the market to buy.

I still want scrolled items to be sellable. The reason I want the scrolls to be individualized is because I want the rich to pay more for the scrolls since they want more and can buy more.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  6. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Making multi characters will totally ruin this system which makes the prices increase.

Also getting a scroll should take some time browsing fm, so if this will be considered I would say, put like 2/3 scrolls in a general shop at random times so there will still be that "happy" feeling when finally finding a scroll you want. I'm still not convinced about this idea, but maybe some other arguments (from other people) will change my opinion.

7. OP
    OP
    Fruc

Fruc Horny Mushroom

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    Still gotta browse FM if you want more than 1 per week at the base price (reasonable price). I said make the scrolls untradeable and make using those scrolls for others / yourself using multi accounts to be bannable.

8. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I dont think the bannable part could be monitored... Maybe it can I'm not that good of a programmer... I wonder why no-one else comments on this idea, maybe you should add a poll whether people think this is a good idea or not.

9. OP
    OP
    Fruc

Fruc Horny Mushroom

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    I'm not expecting this idea to be implemented, this was more of a discussion thread for meso sinks. I want someone to say: "I got a better idea and here's why......."

Anyways things like vote abusing and account sharing is also tough to ban for. If you have multiple computers etc, they'll have to look into trade logs I believe for vote abusing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    4:48 AM
    I got a better idea: We all get together, eat pancakes, and have a good time!

• Like Like x 9
  11. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    4:48 PM
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    Here's an idea:

If you feel like you have too many Mesos and don't know what to do with them, give them to me.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    There are some meso skinks already.

You have the mounts. If I remember correctly total of 75m.
    Bossing with people that are not in Project. Pots can grow expensive over a long period of time Kappa

On a serious note, maybe they should add a NPC with fun things like transformation pots and some chairs. I am sure people will spend money on fun things. It does not have to benefit a player in damage. I would like to be able to buy a nice looking chair instead of having to donate for it.
    It is a good idea but I don't think this will work with scrolls.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Well here is 1 idea, any scroll for 20 mil (max 1 a week).
    Considering games now-adays cost arround 60 euro (netherlands), and we play this game a lot more then a normal 60 euro game, I think if you want a chair it isnt so bad to support the server with a small donation. Though something like this is a idea worth discussing...

• Like Like x 1
  14. plnko

plnko Orange Mushroom

Sep 2, 2015
    Warrior
    Chairs and show off/unique items are great ideas towards the meso sink. You have to remember that most players that have a fat wallet are the older veteran players. And seeing as that the vets don't really shit godly parts out. Making a scroll extremely rare sucks for everyone not in the high class area.
    A better idea would be OWLS, and i even daresay megaphones... Welp, maybe not megaphones. Don't want stupid spam from certain kids. I would think essentially any nx item that doesn't affect players detrimentally.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    It is not like I want chairs badly but when I started playing here, like many others after I quit Maple Europe I told myself to never spend money on Maple again ;D. So the donating part is more of a self rule then anything else.

16. OP
    OP
    Fruc

Fruc Horny Mushroom

Jun 2, 2015
    Male
    Chairs and nx are not bad, but how much should a chair be? 50m? 150m? Would it put a dent on their mesos?

I believe a scroll shop with this method will work because they're playing for goals and one goal is to get perfect weapons. This targets that goal really well.

They can easily choose not to buy chairs since it has nothing to do with getting perfect weapons.

It may not be nostalgic or GMS like, but neither is joining a server where the fun part of upgrading equipment is not as accessible than it was in GMS.

EDIT: Just gonna add that the current meso sinks (i.e. mounts) are not very effective. The idea was meant to allow everyone to have access to scrolls and allow the farmers to buy more at higher prices preventing them from influencing the Free Market such as monopolizing scrolls.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  17. Juan

Juan Red Snail

Oct 21, 2015
    Male
    JuanPi
    NX clothes purchasable with mesos.
    I have too buy so many ap resets and gach tickets I don't get to spend any nx on clothes. Having nx clothes purchasable with mesos would stop low level players from going around with full nx equips, and would also promote exploration assuming the items are all spread out around the world.

For example: Transparent hat costs 1.8 million mesos and is sold in Omega sector. I would have to be strong enough to go there and be able to buy it, making it way harder to get than just voting one time and getting it from the cash shop.

Changing hairstyles, color and face with mesos.
    Self explanatory. Instead of having to go buy a coupon, you just directly pay the stylist with mesos to get the hair that you want. The price could vary depending on the hairstyle.

For example: Sammy costs 500k, Shaggy dog costs 5m, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:48 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I do think certain NLC potions need a price hike. Increased potion costs will add up over time. Mounts and stupidly expensive chairs can also work. But keep in mind that not everyone cares about chairs or needs a mount. And also they are a one-time expenditure.

I still think my idea to sell gash tickets for mesos is the best though. Well, aside from having mobs drop gash-only items as well. Put a high level limit on being able to buy gash tickets in the first place, and for each account, it keeps track of the price, slowly increasing the price after each purchase but lowering it every so often. It can all be scripted through a NPC.

Selling gash tickets would mean we don't need to retweak the gash update so much. It means removing mesos from the server, and it means getting the items players actually want.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    +1

20. WhiteBean