1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf Demolition IED, Reduce Super Transform uptime, or list it as a MapleLegends feature

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by -ovv, Oct 15, 2023.

1. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    6:51 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    How about this, since NL's and buccs are apparently the 2 top dpm classes in PB lets nerf both until they fall equally in line with other classes. Then we're all on an even playing field, sound good? Also when we compare dpm, we can only compare players with 20+ cape+gloves+shoes , and ws+10 weapons, because that's the point you're argueing now with Skarm being the dpm record holder.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    8:51 AM
    Is it really a nerf when most of the bucc buffs were custom in the first place?

That being said, I'm not even opposed to the buffed damage % given. I take more issue with the changes that affects the identity of the class and often for no good reason.

Whats with the additional stance/ avoid? Why reduce ST cooldown so much and make buccs more like a ranged class? With no ammo cost no less.
    If the fear is that dpm drops too much, I would rather buff barrage damage while reverting ST cooldown to vanilla.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Pac Pinky

Oct 29, 2020
    8:51 PM
    huh so since stronger early/weaker game doesn't matter, since ppl leech 120-150 anyway, MM needs buff then? wasn't a part of argument in bm vs mm that MM is stronger early on and BM is stronger later on?

Setting aside NL for now, as for corsair being tough to play, yah it is, and i thought that was because DPM is king and corsair has best potential dpm AND doesnt have to rely on external buffs.

Noob bucc dpm is bad too, same as noob corsair dpm. Though i personally think boat HP needs to scale better to help lower lvl corsairs. I think its terrible how low the hp is on low level corsairs

• Like Like x 1
  4. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    What you want is a nerf, flat out. Don't bother trying to dance around it. You seem to constantly dance around an arguement yet fail to produce actual evidence or a valued point as to why it is justified; yet when midgame NL's get a buff (alchemist change) you cry wolf for weeks as if that somehow has made NL's unplayable when they are the most AFK dpm delivering class in the entire game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Dance around what? Of course i want a nerf, everyone who agreed with OP's post wants a nerf. I'm just suggesting ways for the nerf to make sense rather that just a flat reversion of damage formula.

6. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Okay, based off of what to justify the nerf? Because Skarmory, the most sweaty player to exist, who created 18 man PB's can do good dpm? What other evidence to represent the averagr endgame player are you going to use to back it up?

7. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Did anybody show data to back up each of the buffs in the first place?

8. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Again, dancing around. Please, educate me as to why you're crying to the Balance team that Buccs are so broken and overtuned they need a nerf.

9. TermiteLover

TermiteLover Brown Teddy

Nov 8, 2021
    12:51 PM
    Guildless
    This is the buff bishops mains have been needing :cow:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    How is that dancing around? I dislike any custom changes unless absolutely necessary since this is an old school server. Can't even find any data proving that buccs need each of the custom buffs in the first place.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    No more TL res but SI works for genesis again? Bossing bishop when?!

12. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Pac Pinky

Oct 29, 2020
    huh so what youre saying is you dont REALLY care about balance, you just dont like ANY custom changes huh? well we found the problem, your motivation is not suitable for this thread, you should make your own thread titled: "make MapleLegends go back to pure vanilla no changes"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Great inference skills.

14. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Pac Pinky

Oct 29, 2020
    great read on sarcasm A+

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
  15. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Why you change ur post? The previous one worked better for sarcasm.

• Like Like x 1
  16. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    5:51 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Don’t let the NL and Bucc discourse distract everyone from the fact that the challenge system revolves around a dead class

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    You've changed Blen I almost miss the old you a little bit

18. Pelinsu

Pelinsu Timer

Jan 15, 2022
    3:51 AM
    care to elaborate, what do you mean?

19. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    2:51 AM
    Moderator Post
    He is talking about Hyper Body's "artificial relevance" that comes from the Challenge system. Which is not part of this thread, so we will not elaborate on that here. I'd rather we stay on topic.

This was an experimental buff from 2020, which seemed to have been a healthy improvement to the Buccaneer state back then. I can't remember off the top of my head, but if I remember well, 5% was the minimum increment I could do due to technical limitations. So, while I can't confirm this would be easy to work on, I have a question: would tweaking this mastery, in the sense of either making it scale up to 5%, or even just gating it behind ST level 30 alone, make any difference? Maybe not, considering ST isn't a skill that gets maxed extremely late, but I'm still curious.

I didn't think about the Barrel cancel mechanic, that's right. Let's talk about it for a moment; is that considered important, when it comes to Buccaneer skill expression? (ignoring for now the definition of "skill expression" in MapleStory)
    Or, in other words - how much less "interactive" would a Buccaneer feel, should the cancelling mechanic be removed?

On a more general note, what is everyone's idea of a Buccaneer's identity? Which, at the end of the day, is what we should base any changes, in my opinion. They're great at monster controlling, because barrage is what it is, and their utility is one of the best. Should they stick more to a supportive role?

Also, on the other hand, let's imagine for a moment to touch this utility kit: that would likely include tuning down TL's effectiveness as someone already mentioned, and for SI, maybe reducing the uptime? Or increasing its cost/requirements to cast? (Which was the idea behind TL requiring full energy charge) Or maybe a more creative way to grant -2 weapon speed, with -1 being the default?
    What spot would this put Buccaneers in?

Just a general brainstorming, as I believe figuring out an identity/direction for each class makes balancing them easier.

• Like Like x 3
  20. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Nerfing SI is just a nerf to other si dependent classes though, unless it is compensated by tweaking weapon speeds of those weapons.

More barrage, less ST should be the way to go imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2