1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New Mage damage formula

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by brunandes, Dec 1, 2023.

1. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    12:27 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    It does include pots and echo

2. TermiteLover

TermiteLover Pink Teddy

Nov 8, 2021
    Basement
    7:27 PM
    Victoria Bitters
    Camper
    Guildless
    I assumed it didn't, as below it in bullet point 2 (on the balance change thread), they gave the same TMAs to funding, yet showed how TMA from potions now have a greater effect on their damage relative to funding bracket. If this is the case, you can't add pots/echo to an already potted/echoed TMA..

3. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    upload_2023-12-6_23-38-27.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. TermiteLover

TermiteLover Pink Teddy

Nov 8, 2021
    Basement
    7:27 PM
    Victoria Bitters
    Camper
    Guildless
    I had heard differently from someone else when I inquired, so was going off that. Good to get a confirmation at least, game is no longer calling me povo tier if I extrapolate out my TMA to 200

5. T2Smile

T2Smile Pink Teddy

Sep 24, 2023
    8:27 AM
    I have a theory, correct me if I'm wrong please.
    For most players who earned billions of mesos from mages, considering they earned meso in a quite efficient way, they probably prefer to spent meso on classes that benefit from same invested gears more (spent mose efficiently).
    In addition, the main reason mesos generated from mages were not spenting on themselves because they can not deal decent single target dmg compare to other attackers with same valuing gears, which makes them not good choices for bossing.

If answer your question without the context. No, mages who earned a lot mesos should not be considered poor at all.
    But with the context, I think rich = well funded mages, poor = naked undergeared mages, hence yes mages though may earned great fortune are still poor. Mages are sweaty players' mules for their main, and there are rare players planning end game main on mages before this patch. It's sad isn't it?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:27 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Mage
    Pasta
    if we are class agnostic and only care about damage output, wa/cost (account for gear only) and dpm/cost (additionally accounts for class) is what matters for what people eventually spend on. mages just happen to be the best farmers

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    So wouldn't a more true statement be that this patch was a buff to well geared mages and a nerf to poorly geared mages?
    Why deal with the nuance when you can have a more correct statement?

• Agree Agree x 2