1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New Ways to get Onyx Apples instead of weddings

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Fishy, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    12:02 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Hey, so i know people use their NX to get married to receive 12 onyx apples (6 to each person getting married), and sometimes the bride or groom will dc when there are multiple people in the wedding. We can record for our lost apples, but only once if i am correct? if this DCing issue keeps occuring and you lose apples but still spend 20k, i feel like there should be more ways to receieve onyx apples. Here, i have some solutions! :D

Unless there is a way you can compensate apples to either the bride/groom that did DC in the wedding, because i feel like using 20-25k nx for weddings and dcing Maple0033.jpg isnt fair if they dont receieve the wedding awards. (we all know majority of people marry for apples f3)

A) Amoria PQ
    Pros:
    - Keeps people from constantly divorcing just to get apples (Staying Loyal ;D)
    -Gives us something new to do for Married Spouses (Party Quest +Balrog Boss)
    Cons:
    - Takes forever to Code APQ and i understand that is a hassle. As we know, you guys told us your guys focus is Neo Tokyo

B) Gachapon
    - Gaching and being able to get 1-3 apples RNG. this gives people other rewards thatll help newer players as well. (if not a yellow text item)

or

C) Sharenian Party Quest (Guild Party Quest Bonus Stage)
    i feel like having onyx apples as an award for guild pq would be beneficial.
    - Gives guilds more reason to GuildPQ. (mastery books/scrolls/apples?)
    - have more guilds move up in rankings and takes out old guilds
    -For guildpq, you need a total of 6 guildies to enter. if 1 person dcs. the whole squad leaves. IF you have 10 people enter, and 2 dc. 8 people, you will not be kicked since there are more than 6 people inside still. *YOU ONLY DC BEFORE OR AFTER BONUS STAGE 95% OF THE TIME*
    - if onyx apples dropped during bonus stage, assuming an average of 1-5 apples will drop. of course people have a choice to give them all to one person or for themselves to sell and make mesos.
    -Guildpq onyx apples would benefit guild boss runs! #makeguildpqgreatagain

I understand it took forever to get GuildPQ coding to work, so instead of having the hassle to Code APQ (which i heard is hard to find) is it possible to add onyx apples to GuildPQ bonus stage?

I apologize my organization for this thread is bad T_T

• Agree Agree x 23
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:02 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Adding apples to GPQ would be really good. So many guilds just neglect GPQ, would be a good way to incentivize guild activity that isn't solely bossing ^^

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    1:02 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    ooo I like the idea of pulling them off gacha

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. DivineArrow

DivineArrow Horny Mushroom

Aug 3, 2017
    Israel
    10:02 PM
    DivineArrow
    Bowmaster
    Essence
    Good idea I like the GPQ/Gach ~ The APQ is a given, that should be on the server either way if it's possible

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

8:02 PM
    Most ppl dc from boss stage-> bonus stage for the same reason they dc from weddings, error 38 - so i do recommend bringing 1 or 2 extra players just incase.
    I agree GPQ should have some kind of different reward, especially since its important community wise and is annoying to do. Adding apples would be cool, but i wouldnt make it an avg of 1-5. Id keep it similar to apq where apples were still rare and u did have a chance of getting none at all. (If youre efficient, you can gpq every 20-30mins [not knowing how to gpq can raise that to 1 hr of time haha] so 1-5 apples every ~25mins without any delay or maximum entries is over powered imo).

APQ would still be the best, and my personal preference would be keeping them there.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Buffles

Buffles Dark Stone Golem

Dec 9, 2015
    Male
    2:02 PM
    Buffles
    Paladin
    I think adding it to GPQ would be an amazing additions and would encourage guilds to actually do it rather than just group for bosses. I think all top guilds mostly raid together for bosses like Zakum and Horntail so it would also give them another thing to raid together. It might require a buff to Ergoth though since it's really not that hard to kill as a last boss to a big PQ once you get a few 4th jobbers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    3:02 PM
    I hope everyone realizes that giving apples upon marriage is a temporary way to obtain apples, and will not be a permanent feature.

However i disagree in giving a way to farm apples 24/7 no matter the amount of work that is needed. It's an attack potion that is clearly overpowered.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    You can still farm apples 24/7 even without new methods anyway cant you?, just need to save votecash 5 for days, marry a mule, remake the chars and Bam 12 apples(i think).

9. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

Hense why i put a max entries / delay between.

Realisticly speaking tho "temporary" could be 1year + now... :/

10. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    How does 5 days = 24/7? MapleF6

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    Please don't run me out of business. I am merely an apple farmer :cry:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

HOW ARE YOU WASHING??????????

13. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    1:02 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Bake him away, toys TriHard

14. OP
    OP
    Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    can agree on this, as for Guildpq ive brought it 8 ppl minimum. Bonus stage bonxes, doesnt drop everything all the time. we've gotten OA str/dex/int/luk 60%'s, GFA 60%'s, and mastery books. so i feel like the drop rate of apples should be as RARE as it should. APQ would be awesome, but as we all know there is no news/confirmation on it coming anytime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    9:02 PM
    Nier/EviHs
    farming apple 24/7 via gpq ? xDDDDDDDD

from the guide i read about gpq there is a total of 9 potions, 19 60% scrolls and 12 mastery books rewards. (40 total)

so even if they add apple at a decent rate the chance to get even 1 out of all these other option is very small.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I wouldn't oppose to the idea of bringing Apples to GPQ. It would give people more reasons to play this PQ. In fact, we don't only have to bring Apples into those PQs, but other rare items in general.

I personally like the Apples reward from marrying. It's just that some people are exploiting the system to obtain more Apples. I think the way to go about it is not to remove the rewards, but to find a way to prevent that from happening.

There are a couple ways I can think of:
    1. Not allowing a person to receive Apples again when married again after divorce.
    2. Set a long cooldown to when a person can marry again after divorce.
    3. The couples will only receive their Apples after married for a duration of time (a few months maybe?)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    10:02 PM
    Thief
    i dont think u know what apq is

18. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Indeed. I am not familiar with it. Perhaps I should limit my scope to GPQ only. Command edited.

19. Manny

Manny Mushmom

Mar 7, 2017
    2:02 PM
    Manny
    Bowmaster
    Animals
    I hear vote abusing is a good way to farm apples

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  20. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    4:02 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Adding apples to gach or gpq would be a nice way to do it, just have it be something other than the current method, cuz it fucking sucks.

• Agree Agree x 2