1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information November 2023 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    3:28 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    OK, actually, I see your point. How about this: if a high LUK cape is available on the market, it's worth buying, but otherwise it's best to scroll for INT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    6:28 AM
    if you think ending a discussion with an agreement is hostile then maybe you need some perspective change?

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    "Playing even slightly off-meta builds should result in ceaseless mocking and an instant perma" -the forums

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    12:28 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    It's moreso the fact that offmeta builds are complaining that their damage is nerfed harder than meta builds (while this turned out not to be the case).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    My formerly viable pure luk archmage dream now robbed of its 4th job non-ults, relegated to deal 1s on dummies where it once could have effectively trained with other high level oddjobs. We must also do this to the other four classes and eradicate choice once and for all. Play correctly or be balanced out of existence.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. dr0p

dr0p Slime

Jul 24, 2023
    6:28 PM
    dr0p
    I/L Arch Mage
    Balance team is going to have a hard time working with all the different possible builds people can think of in their pursuit of trying to make a fun and competitive game for the majority of their playerbase...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Sure buddy. Let me make it simple for you to understand. Not condescending and hostile?

Perhaps it is a misread of tone, but that could have gone both ways. If you thought any of my words came across hostile, that wasn’t the intention. I’m just trying to answer your questions because you seemed to have been confused as to why TMA was no longer the measure of mage damage. Your question mentions ATK - not range - which are two different things when comparing mages to the other attacker class.

Anyways, none of this matters. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 1
  8. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    5:28 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    first they came for the luk paladins and i didnt speak out - for i wasn’t a luk paladin

then they came for the dex buccs and i didnt speak out - for i wasn’t a dex bucc

then they came for the beginner mage/dk and i didnt speak out - for i wasnt a beginner mage/dk

then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak for me

• Great Work x 11
    • Like x 3
    • Creative x 3
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  9. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    It is just there is a balance point TMA where you will do 100% damage as previous damage formula.
    If you are worse than that TMA, then you are considered ungeared lol, and willdo less damage then before.
    If you have more than that TMA, then gratz, you got buffed.

Maybe someone can plot a graph of TMA against Level for the 100% damage point, just for comparsion sake.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    It is literally not possible to come up with an exact breakeven TMA because the old formula requires an input of INT, meaning same tma doesn't mean same damage.
    However, with some crude assumption (I assumed 200 MA is from non-INT, everything else from INT), the breakeven chart is as follows:
    upload_2023-12-2_19-21-44.png

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  11. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Thanks for coming up with this. I am just a filthy casual having no idea what the previous formula is. OnionPerfect

Attached Files:

• 067.gif
      067.gif
      File size:
      10.4 KB
      Views:
  12. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Hey y'all! Can you guys help me with some datapoints? I'm looking in particular for luk mages and maybe some oddjobs/off-meta builds. Please include level, base int, base luk, and TMA.

If you aren't comfortable sharing here, you can share with me on discord @drchu.

• Like Like x 6
  13. LawdHeComin

LawdHeComin Blue Snail

Dec 4, 2023
    LawdHeComin
    F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Odd stats attached here, unbuffed ~('0'~)

This is currently my only 4th job odd mage, with a bishop coming soon if you need more data.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  14. SwordFurb

SwordFurb Mano

Nov 3, 2020
    Female
    4:28 AM
    SwordFurb
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    May as well contribute too >w>

Note she is 3rd job, but I did plan to keep her base int and base luk intact until much much later 4th job, so the int and luk would look identical if she was 4th job for a while :>

also also she's missing 2 tma gears (my friend's cleric is borrowing them) they have 22 int and 6 int, 6 ma, so my tma unbuffed would actually be 363 + 34

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Here's my oddjobber :)
    upload_2023-12-8_1-13-40.png

The big brain shad. He's got 515 tma.

• Creative x 7
    • Great Work x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  16. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    1:28 PM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    I've been playing luk mage since I started legends, and have mostly been playing casually. I've always played casually, don't have multimage setups or any other farming methods and have been mostly bossing my entirety on ML.

... also worth mentioning - most of my wealth has been spent on failing 40ws while trying to perfect my wand (currently 1/40). So don't even try saying you need some extreme wealth and sweaty gameplay to afford funding your mage.

To me, luk mage was always about sacrificing resaleability of gear to find the best breakeven point in tma, and having to find niche equipments to upgrade into or seasonally trade your base stats depending on event equips.

I've started on Dark Artens and Requirres, and moved on into timeless after pb came out.

In my opinion, luk maging has only been buffed after this update as luk maging isn't just adding base luk on a whim for no reason (which sorta looks like some people on here do) - it always has been, and still is, about breaking it even with tma while sacrificing gear flexability - otherwise it's no different than if I was to wake up one day and decide to randomly add dex points on my NL because I wanted to wear the timeless oa (160 dex req) despite using a craven (140 dex req) so I am very lost and confused on the big forum debate around this.

Below are my stats on mw20
    MapleLegendsMINI_t8fkiXobpI.png

• Like Like x 8
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. HotCow

HotCow Pink Teddy

Mar 18, 2017
    Male
    12:28 PM
    HotCow
    Hunter
    Funk/NewLeaf
    upload_2023-12-8_15-9-59.png

No buffs

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  18. WackyWarlock

WackyWarlock Stone Golem

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    WackyWarlock
    Bishop
    All of them
    Mine have already been posted here but if you need me to test anything lmk

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    man is hard to make balance for all jobs but is not impossible as long people share their opinion the changes that staff make i sure all jobs will have better experience than GMS.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    how do you build a any class (excl warriors bc accuracy) without washing or leeching?
    you add only your main stat, be it luk or dex, which maximizes your damage for those lower level ranges. at some point there is some intersection between things like, dexless nl or strless archer, and low dex NL/str archer and thats when those old guides tell you to transition. example: your old night lord in bera with that skanda you bought sucks past 100 no matter how it's geared

lo and behold mages follow the same kind of progression. you start out without luk and you end with some kind of luk.

edit: what matters at the end of the day is total stat and gear is a means to that end

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 7