1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pretigious coin expiration +ws/cs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RemiIia, Feb 7, 2023.

1. RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    8:20 AM
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    Let's put expiration on these pouches and coins so we may stagger the movement or stillness of hoarders, whenever a pouch is opened an expiration date will be blueprinted onto them the moment they're set free so that they can only live in the fungible plane of existence for a while.

let's say...3 months, (since naturally, we have 12 months in a year)
    for example /if opened; print Janunary+ 120 days.
    opening a pouch in Jan will give you coins expiring end of May.

On the flip side of things...if these coins are converted into WS/CS you may convert them to coins however.. with the exception that all coins converted from any WS/CS have a printed expiration of 30 days (in month+ 30 days)

let's highlight what will be happening if implemented, and hopefully, we can conform to a new system where no one can cheat it. any further suggestions can be given to flush out this new system more~ feel free to give ideas to improve it.
    • Immediately all exiting coins will have a set 3-month expiration upon the new patch.
    • existing pouches and new pouches from bosses have an expiration of 3 months.
    • White Scrolls and Chaos Scrolls will have a 3-month expiration date as well. (already existing WS/CS and new from gachapon)
      • any existing ws/cs or new ones from gachapon can be converted to pouches with an expiration of 30 days.
      • any and all coins from those 30-day pouches can be converted to ws/cs but will, however, expire in 30 days and cannot be converted back into pouches.
      • new coins created by dropped pouches have an expiration date of 120 days and expiration end of the month.

you may only stack coins that are limited to expire in the same month and term of expiration.
    you may only stack ws/cs that are limited to expire in the same month and term of expiration.
    you may only stack pouches that are limited to expire in the same month and term of expiration.

(30-day terms, 3-month terms)

• Disagree Disagree x 23
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    12:20 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    You need to think about new/casual player.. if they collecting coin in boss it will grief alot

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SinclairJ

SinclairJ Master Chronos

Dec 8, 2020
    4:20 PM
    Chief Bandit
    Expiration dates are annoying to keep track of and I don't really see the point of battling hoarding since it will be done in many other areas regardless.
    Having a creeping pressure to play more or use something asap / having a fear of missing out is, in my opinion one of the heaviest factors in why modern maple isn't that great anymore.

Far as im concerned nostalgia has already been thrown in the mud in the scene but overcomplicating things sounds horrible, I barely understand the current system to begin with. cash shop scrolls, pouches, coins, untradable tradable wattafak

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    11:20 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I will die with my 4 prestigious coins.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    well I had them in mind when I came up with the proposal.
    3 months is plenty to collect coins for ws/cs to use them or sell
    the coins are still trade-able and sell-able in the freemarket, so the prestigious coin system still functions the same.

I totally get you my friend, every time we try to stabilize the economy and tackle inflation we deviate more and more from the essence of nostalgia.

when I first joined, everything was near perfect other than jobs needing a little balancing. but we did try to make progress in areas where it was not necessarily broken let me emphasize that on the word "try" because try as we may have but maybe we all had to pay the price for it, especially since the new players are downright confused as you've mentioned yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    11:20 PM
    This sounds needlessly complex, and adds stress to a game many people play to relax.

Also, it would not be nice to a player who took a break for a few months to realise much of their assets were wiped out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    Their coins/ws/cs still exist. It's only when they login there and then the expiration applies to them.

8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Expiring mesos when

9. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    no need for expiration.
    10% tax on Prestigious coin sales.
    a new quest-line to increase the maximum amount a character can hold.

10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Can you explain to me why you think ws/cs/coins need to expire? Do you think there is a supply issue?

11. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    The prestigious coin system isn't originally a feature in the game, it was added to lessen the impact of inflation. It is more or less stagnant to the economy ever since it was implemented into the game. I don't think it was necessary as the free market should have ran as it did without a governing intervention.

• Creative Creative x 2
  12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    So expiring coins isn't governing intervention?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    As i said, the Prestigious coin system isn't even original to the version of the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    11:20 AM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Will history repeat itself? A post by Remilia, massive amount of disagrees and dislikes and then next patch it's in. (For context this user suggested the removal of pet looting while in dark sight, which is a change that had massive dislike and made it anyway)

15. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    10:20 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    ok so we now hoard gacha & gacha IOUs and nothing really changes

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Your argument is that prestigious coins should not have existed because it is staff intervention on the free market, yet you suggest more staff intervention on the free market as a solution.

I’m asking you why you think there needs to be any change made on the current system, and you reply by saying the current system never should have been implemented, which doesn't tell us anything about your thoughts on the current system.

We are long past being a GMS-like server as Kimmy already addressed it several times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    jeez I hope! (not)

It's just a suggestion, nothing less, nothing more~
    perhaps it is just a idea to entertain and maybe be worked with?

18. Bingsu

Bingsu Slime

Mar 14, 2018
    Female
    11:20 PM
    Magician, Cleric
    what if a player doesn’t have the time to play? what if they try to sell their coins that are expiring in 10 days, but nobody buys them bc of the short lifespan it has, and nobody’s willing to take these coins as currency for items bc of the short lifespan once again? not everyone has the time nor the ability to come online every single day or consistently to try to make use of their expiring stuff. like others have said, that’s just adding needless stress. just my two cents!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    Time is of the essence, time is money and in this game time will be more money
    simple really, those people will have no choice but to sell their coins early on when they acquire them from bossing.
    if they wanted to obtain ws/cs they will then buy in high quantities when needed.
    people with expiring coins can collaborate to sell ws/cs service and split profits.

I highly doubt any coin will go unused or won't sell for more than 10 days because there will always be a time and a place for every transaction dealing with prestigious coins
    there's always always a price you know? (again, free market adjusting itself for any situation you might face)

Also, if we have to add a fixed NPC price for coins we can!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    I know many people dislike the idea but this is to promote the use of the prestigious coin system in a way that the coins/rewards avert the practice of hoarding.

The staff team more than likely have the data and I firmly believe the data will suggest that 3 month is an ample amount of time to either sell, buy, and trade in for ws/cs for us.

edit:
    the fact that my thread already has many dislikes shows that they subconsciously want this to be viewed and considered by the staff team

• Like Like x 1