1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Duplicate Report Puppet causing crash

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Samus, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    3:26 AM
    Samus
    Marksman
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?
    While killing Headless horsemans, i've noticed that i've been crashing pretty often, and I think its from using puppet.

Can you describe the bug in detail? If not, can you provide a screenshot/video of the bug?
    I've seen a few times what happens is that when i kill a mob while my puppet is disappearing at the same time, it causes the screen to freeze and an error that says "runtime error!" shows up from Microsoft Visual C++ runtime ibrary
    What is supposed to happen?
    It shouldn't crash the game.
    Can you provide a step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug? (Please be as specific as possible.)
    I've managed to trigger it intentionally, and you spawn a puppet, and then wait. Then you kill a mob while the puppet is disappearing and if the screen freezes, it happened.

Extra information: (Optional)

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:26 AM
    Moderator Post
    @Navi@Navi

I remember you mentioned that you suspected that the lack of 3rd person hit had to do with the crash, but its now nice to see @Samus@Samus found a way to intentional trigger it.

3. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Should be fixed with the next revision.

4. Navi

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Fix is live. Let me know if you dc again.

5. OP
    OP
    Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    The problem is still happening, to me at least. Still triggered by the same thing I think. MapleF4

6. Navi

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Is it happening at the same frequency still?

7. OP
    OP
    Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    well, my puppet is now max lvl and full duration compared to when i first reported the glitch so its harder to trigger, but I think it still happens every time puppet is expiring and I kill something at the same time.

8. Navi

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Mind letting me know if you get this DC again? Made a couple more changes to try to prevent it.

9. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    @Samus@Samus tagging in case you missed it.

10. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    Actually, I'm still finding this in particular to the NLC: Haunted Forest area. Where there are a lot of static mobs and auto targeting mobs. In some maps, when i put down the puppet it causes a clean shut down. (no error. Just as if DC but client closing without error)

11. OP
    OP
    Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    I don't think the same type of glitch is happening anymore, but like i said its harder to trigger with a longer duration puppet. I think i remember getting what vosh has as well.

12. toxiclife

toxiclife Red Snail

Jul 19, 2015
    Male
    12:26 AM
    Lalli
    Marksman
    Dreamers
    Yo, It's ya boi Lalli~

(In all formalities) I actually have the same problem @Samus@Samus states, and it happens when i'm training with puppet. I put the puppet down, and I start attacking, then suddenly I d/c ... What is up with that! :) ... :( . This has happened at vikings, HH, elder wraiths, and wolf spiders. It's not a super urgent problem for me, but its just annoying 0:

13. mumbasa

mumbasa Mano

Jul 25, 2015
    Here you go, taken from another PS.

"After observing this happening many times; I can conclude that this happens only when:
    -Mobs with magic attack (regardless of level/range)
    -Mob is killed at the same time when mob hits puppet with magic attack or has just finished casting attack.
    The bug does not depend on a large croup of monsters; even 1 mob with magic attack can cause d/c
    The crash is a runtime error, as shown in the link below (this is just an image from google, but the error I'm experiencing is identical)"

14. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I know you said you pasted from other forums, but the place where he got it from google, is it reported in GMS, or an other server? Because if its actually reported in GMS too than it might be a client bug, thus unfixable.

15. mumbasa

mumbasa Mano

Jul 25, 2015
    The link was nothing but an image showing the runtime error.
    It was from another server, I could not find any information if it was reported in GMS.

The server I found the information from had the same issues and couldn't fix it, so may very well be a client issue.

16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:26 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    If you don't mind me suggesting, I would at least categorize this as MEDIUM priority.

Low should be things that affect gameplay in a negligible way and are along the lines of OCD fixes and things you could honestly say to the player "deal with it."

Medium should be things that affect gameplay and make it harder and/or annoyingly inconvenient to do simple tasks. As you can imagine, being dcd from using one of your skills is quite annoying. This, as well as bugs that also cause significant, undue inconvenience.

High should be things that ruin gameplay, making it difficult or impossible or bugs that if left unattended could be exploited.

17. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Its marked as low because its a rare bug and not happen all time. Also, there were already fixes applied on it, so we are working on it.

The priority list is just a tag. It doesn't mean we do check those at last moment, seeing already fix attempts are applied on it.

Than its also possible this is a client bug, so not even fixable.

18. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Never heard about this anymore. Seeing there's so many Marksman now, is this a thing still?

19. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
  20. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post