1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shivering's Ulu1/Cornian Meso Journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Shivering, Apr 3, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    11:42 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I don't think I can find something to hold my phone up at an angle while I do this at the same time. I'll record a video explaining how to do it with 2 of my clients up since it seems like a few people want to see it.

Too hard. LF> Skuccigoat to show the way.

2. Chrisss

Chrisss Horny Mushroom

Oct 21, 2020
    Male
    2102 Top Floor of Roppongi Mall
    2:42 PM
    ChrisBS
    Bishop
    Rogue
    Looking forward to it.

3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    MulticlientStory using a mouse is the best way to play imo. It allows for a fast, nearly simultaneous cast. The two vulnerable mages should be casting first and should almost never get hit/knocked around, meaning fewer actions spent repositioning and more available time spent looting on your sweeper/MU.

4. kissMagE

kissMagE Selkie Jr.

May 28, 2017
    Female
    JoeL
    Beginner
    Any video/ YouTube tutorial ? I want to learn it from you !

5. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    1st entry :) did one hour today

I'm going to keep this format for now. I will transition later most likely once I start using gach tickets and stuff.

[​IMG]

My equips inventory after 1 hour god damn (30 total equips with 4 of them being sellable; 103 sparta, 7/3 warrior OA, 7/1 warrior OA, and 7/1 pirate OA):
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    3:42 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    you worked hard, so you earned a lot in same time compared with other guys. I can't see any reason for nerf this map.

+ try harp nest 2 map w/ 4 channels if you're interested in things like this. would be much easier cos no slope, and similar income with that map i guess.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Harps is way harder to execute because you would need to control 4 mages and 4 sweepers. The reason this strategy is way easier because it only requires you to move 1 sweeper.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    iirc, eiji does gobies for 10m per hour, on one bishop, with one MU.

idek the map layout but, maybe its possible to use 2 AM? and double to 20m for 2 mage

9. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Gobies is another map that's hard to execute because I'm pretty sure you can't stand in 1 spot and spam. AM are also really bad on that map because the goby houses are resistant to both ice and fire meaning you would do half damage.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Chrisss

Chrisss Horny Mushroom

Oct 21, 2020
    Male
    ChrisBS
    Bishop
    Rogue
    Also, its overkill to use 4 mages and 2 sweepers. :D No reason to nerf this map imo as well.

11. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    2:42 AM
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    I doubt potion costs are trivial with 4 mages running, even if it is only 1 cast every 10s (especially if you're not at 30k for these "low-investment" mages). Shouldn't it be included?

12. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    It is included. See above journal entry. I just said I’m not gonna track it by hour but I will track total meso dump into pots. I did say that the hourly cost is somewhere near 1.6m per hour.

Personally, I consider it trivial because I think the EV of blue and rare gach will be a bit higher than what I’ve estimated and the sellable equips price is what I believe to be the lowest possible value I could sell for; most of the time I end up selling for higher so I consider the 1.6 a wash.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    3:42 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    But wait. seems I found reason why WS/CS price skyrocked. MapleF3

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. 8TEEN

8TEEN Pink Teddy

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    Macbeth, Viona, Torrie, Wilson
    Paladin, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    This thread is why good things never last in legends.
    People can be willing to put in effort and time, only to end up in map nerfs.
    This one will be no different.

Appreciate the public PSA nevertheless. I’ll see you there Mister Shivering

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Entry #2

Another day another post.

Status on the video: I tried recording on 3 clients but I think it's a bit hard to convey the strategy without all the clients visible. I'm trying to get a friend to help me out; we'll see how it goes.

Meso Journal Things:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Just some notes:
    • Gach is a bit lower than what I've observed in the past. We'll see if it shapes out better with more hours.
    • I got about the same equips as yesterday per hour, but a lot of it was low meso equips unfortunately (pic below), but I did get the crowned jewel of ulu1 equip drops which is a 51 att craven
    • [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    • upload_2021-4-4_9-23-35.png
    • Other sellable equips include: 103 sparta, 2x 6/2 pirate tops, and 7/2 warrior OA

• Like Like x 3
  16. Chrisss

Chrisss Horny Mushroom

Oct 21, 2020
    Male
    ChrisBS
    Bishop
    Rogue
    Imagine all this because of 5-6F nerf xD

17. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    12:42 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Without the free exchange of knowledge, we would still be in the Pepega Age of bossing and farming. Be grateful.

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. naice

naice Slime

Feb 7, 2019
    Male
    2:42 AM
    shopify
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I really want to see a video of this :eyes:

19. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    For those reading this and want to try to replicate this. Assume you already have a high level bishop that can 1H skele and a MU mule. You need to level 3 mages to around level 130.

Level 20-50 could be done with only PQs/quests, So let's say you can do this in 40 hours. Then you start leeching yourself from 50-130. That might take around 60-90 mins per level for trio leech for those 80 levels (120 hours). Alternatively, you could farm/sell skele leech and buy leech for your mages (this is more efficient at the lower levels), so maybe you only need around 80 hours. So conservatively, you would need around 120-160 hours for this project. Note: realistically you would use the meso earned from self-leeching to pay for more leech, but that's too hard to estimate.

A bishop could already make around 10-12m farming skele or up to 20m doing trio leech with MU and sweepers. Let's say you hate selling leech, so ulu1 would net you 15m/hr over skele farming. You would need to then farm ulu1 around 100-140 hours just to break even with the investment in leveling the mules (instead of just farming skeles).

So to recap, to replicate this strat you would need around 300 spare hours BEFORE staff decides to nerf it. Clock is ticking. Good luck :greedy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    If you read this don't get discouraged from leveling the mules because of staff nerfs! I have plenty of maps to replicate this strat on in the bag which I am more than happy to share even if this one gets nerfed; these maps just won't be as easy as ulu1 is.

The best thing imo about this strat compared to selling leech is you can operate on your own schedule. You have a free 15 minutes? You can just farm out 5 mil and leave...you don't have any obligations to anyone. You also have the added benefit of not ever having to find leechers.

Also one thing I failed to mention is you can add your attacker to party and it's actually really good exp. With 4 mages casting ulti my 2 sweepers net 7m EPH (this is 10.5m with HS if 1 of your mages is a bishop) which honestly is pretty good considering the goal is to farm mesos.

• Like Like x 2