1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Short rundown for a returning Maple noob?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Xizz3l, May 5, 2015.

1. Xizz3l

Xizz3l Mushmom

May 5, 2015
    Male
    6:38 PM
    Xizz3l
    Outlaw
    Majestic
    Hey folks!
    I've just found this private server and only read good things about it, so I decided to join ^-^
    I played Maple a couple of years ago, pre Pirate if I remember correctly, and never reached more than lvl 40 I think but I loved it.
    I later came back to it and within a day or two I was already at level 100. It just felt so...weird and rushed. Not like an accomplishment anymore. I think the newest class was... something with Resistance if I remember correctly. Mechanic? Heck I don't know.

Either way, I never considered myself a great Maple player but I wanted to try the REAL Maplestory again.
    Now my question is, what features are all included? I read that patch v.62 introduced Aran, is that the case? And which maps are around? Like, the desert thingy for example? And what about Leafren or whatever it's called, the Horntail area? I was never up to date with all the patches :s

Oh and which class would you reccommend for a returning unfounded scrub who needs to re-learn the game? I remember having lots of fun with Thiefes but they're hella expensives (Throwing stars!!!) and are kinda meh if not played Dexless afaik? How are Pirates? Never got to play them

Either way, cheers! Hoping to have a good time here~

2. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    9:38 AM
    Nope, v62 does not have Aran. We only have up to Pirates. Ariant and Leafre are both around, and I believe they are going to add Magatia soon as well.

The Pirates are both pretty bad. Corsairs are decent late game, but their early game is abysmal. On the flip side, Brawlers are decent early game, but their late game is abysmal. Clerics/Mages are the easiest path if you're a noob. I would also recommend Heroes since they don't require any HP washing and are a fairly straightforward class to play. They have decent DPS late game as well.

3. OP
    OP
    Xizz3l

Xizz3l Mushmom

May 5, 2015
    Male
    Xizz3l
    Outlaw
    Majestic
    Thanks for the reply! How are Dark Knights? I always wanted to try a badass spear boy but never got around doing so.
    Also, are Marksmen / Bowmaster worth investing time?

4. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Marksmen and Bowmasters are both great classes all around. Dark Knights are an interesting case. Their DPS isn't good unless you can Berserk, but in order to Berserk, you need a lot of HP. They're the only warriors that are really worth HP washing. All of these classes you mentioned are excellent due to their party skills. Bowmasters have the best end game DPS of those 3, Marksmen following behind, and Darks are fairly mediocre even when you can Berserk.

I think all 3 are fairly easy to level up due to having good mobbing skills.

5. OP
    OP
    Xizz3l

Xizz3l Mushmom

May 5, 2015
    Male
    Xizz3l
    Outlaw
    Majestic
    Mhh so overall the game sounds pretty "balanced" except for Pirates, is that right? I can only remember the Kaisers etc. on live Maple being OP and stuff...
    Or is there any class you'd doom to be flatout worse than others?

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  6. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    It all comes down to preference and how each class favors your playstyle. No class is doomed to be flatout worse than others.

7. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    12:38 AM
    If you ask me, now's the time to live the dream and play whatever class you wanted to in the past :D There's no major downside to any class such that I would recommend you to NOT play them, so just go for what you like.

8. OP
    OP
    Xizz3l

Xizz3l Mushmom

May 5, 2015
    Male
    Xizz3l
    Outlaw
    Majestic
    Aight, guess I'll just play around with everything then and see what works! Are there AP resets after Maple Island / from the Cash Shop or do need to set your job from the very beginning witht he stat generator? Mindlessly pumped everything in STR atm :s
    Oh and @Jaikor@Jaikor ; Fellow Rengar main I see? :p

9. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    12:38 AM
    There are no automatic AP resets. You can buy them from the cash shop but they are somewhat expensive, so you need to plan your stats from the start (dice roll time!)

10. OP
    OP
    Xizz3l

Xizz3l Mushmom

May 5, 2015
    Male
    Xizz3l
    Outlaw
    Majestic
    Welp, guess it's time to hope for the lucky 10/8/4/4 or whatever it was >.<

11. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    Not a rengar main, just like the design :D

12. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    QUIT WHILE YOU STILL CAN

• Like Like x 3
  13. Nice

Nice Slime

Apr 19, 2015
    Life
    Assassin
    There is an guide about choosing the right class made by Kyle,

http://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/choosing-the-right-class.2682/

You will see the pro and cons of every class here.
    If you want to go for spearman, go for spearman. It's a class which has one of the best endgame damage, like 4th best and if you look at the ranking you can see a spearman in the top 5.
    If you want to go for pirate go for pirate, corsair also has one of the best endgame damage, like 2nd best and buccaneer has one of the best buffs, speed infusion and time leap.
    If you want to go for marksman/bowmaster they are very wanted for their buff sharpeye.

All classes can be awesome so just pick whatever u like.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Xizz3l

Xizz3l Mushmom

May 5, 2015
    Male
    Xizz3l
    Outlaw
    Majestic
    Already addicted to league of legends, no need to worry ^-^