1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Solution to GS2 Problem

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Brice, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brice

Brice Stone Golem

May 16, 2015
    Male
    1:21 AM
    Sharp
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    Hi, since GS2 is very crowded I thought we should open just this chimney map.

''Haunted House: Chimney Possessed by the Scarecrow''

And obviously not the other two maps. I believe this map is slightly more viable than GS2 (just good enough to have people level here).

Note: Opening only this map will get the people split. I wouldn't like the other two maps opened because that would make leveling too easy.

• Like Like x 5
  2. tommi

tommi Donor

Apr 19, 2015
    Male
    5:21 PM
    Beginner
    Why dont people just split mp3, thats what i did and its only a bit slower then gs2.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Admiral

Admiral Mushmom

May 30, 2015
    MP3 is not even slower than GS2. The problem is finding a priest, that's all.

4. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    12:21 AM
    iDummie
    Thief
    Yeah 3man part with a priest with max hs, mp3 is faster than gs2. The problem is the low population of the server makes this very difficult. (low pop compared to live versions of maple)

5. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:21 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    People ought to just be more friendly and offer to party and split the map. but unfortunately it seems most just want to go it alone so they can level 1% faster. If even that. There is in fact an overall total bonus to exp when you party people...

6. Mstweaker

Mstweaker Horny Mushroom

May 9, 2015
    Male
    1:21 PM
    I think the access of scarecrows creates other problems. Since scarecrows are lv 50 and yield 250 base exp, players that are lv 43+ would be rushing to those maps to powerlevel there, which would in turn deter the usage of other maps such platoon chronos, golems, and other viable training spots and PQs. This, in result, would make our thin market of weapons/equips even thinner.

7. OP
    OP
    Brice

Brice Stone Golem

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Sharp
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    Nerf them to the point where they are near equal is always a possibility.

8. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    4:21 PM
    Chimney is really boring, and I really don't like the idea of having an easy time to level with any of the maps. I feel that Scarecrows would kill any motivation to LPQ because it will fill a void of good training maps in the 35-50 level range... we already have this problem with GS2 once you pass level 50. Some people still will PQ, but it's clearly inferior for leveling, so LMPQ is a ghost town compared to ghost ship. hue...hue...

9. OP
    OP
    Brice

Brice Stone Golem

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Sharp
    Bowmaster
    Aeon
    If it would be equal to GS2 it would only cause a split between these two maps. It wouldn't affect any PQ as it would literally be the same (if nerfed to equal)

10. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    7:21 AM
    GS1 and GS5 are alternative solo-able maps, and MP3 is quite good if you have a party. (I used to solo/party at MP3 when GS2 was full).

LMPQ is also an alternative route of levelling from 51-70 that some people prefer over GS (partially due to crowdedness).

Not to mention some classes go to Forest of Golems instead as well.

11. thetavi

thetavi Pac Pinky

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    4:21 PM
    Not true, because Scarecrows are level 50, while Slimys are level 63. It is much easier to hit Scarecrows with lower accuracy, plus they have less HP.

12. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    6:21 PM
    Paladin
    isn't mp3 always empty on weekdays, though?

it's actually faster for me

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Im not even sure this is a problem, this is how it was in gms too, just a ting bit less crowded for me as i played an weird timezone

14. DannyDanny

DannyDanny Stone Golem

Dec 13, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    SpaceMan
    Dragon Knight
    Dalmascus
    i dont think it is even a problem.
    there are gs1 gs5 mp3. gs2 it's just a better map, there're lots of alternative.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Yesterday I was moderating GS2 and for hours 2 channels were empty, so IMO there are no issues and there's nothing to fix. There's a lot of alternative maps such as GS1, GS4, and MP3.

• Like Like x 6
  16. DannyDanny

DannyDanny Stone Golem

Dec 13, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    SpaceMan
    Dragon Knight
    Dalmascus
    Yeah, exactly.
    and GS5*

17. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    GS2 isn't the fastest all the time. For some classes it really depends on how many hits it takes you to kill. GS1 is faster if you 2-hit them but 3-hit GS2.

And this server is meant to be GMS-like, so adding in Chimney would take that away from this server, even though that's what sets it apart from others. Map competition is simply something you have to deal with in v62. Give it a month or two and Skele maps will be highly contested because all the Bishops will go there, but I don't think they would buff Newties just because of the map competition. Same applies to GS2. Just my opinion on it...

I got ~80%/hour at level 55 at GS1, whereas GS2 got me maybe 65-70% per hour. It really depends on your class and the amount of hits you take to kill a mob, many classes excel at other, alternative maps (GS1, GS5, GS6, MP3).

18. BwanDit

BwanDit Motertert

May 8, 2015
    FM15
    12:21 AM
    BwanDit
    Shadower
    From this post I could tell you were a up and coming priest.

I also noticed most priests like the idea.

Kappa

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Well, not all priests liked the idea :cool:

20. Invictus

Invictus Chronos

May 14, 2015
    Male
    Lonely planet
    2:21 AM
    Invictus
    Priest
    Creating a new GS2 private map like the drumming bunny map and the zombie mushroom one.
    That should fix it :) you can enter with party members etc...
    I think it's possible to copy the code and create a portal by wz editing.
    @Kimberly@Kimberly what do you think ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.